Sparrownado

Blame other person or say nothing prompt?

I think that players who got April Fool's dragons should feel good about owning one (or more) and it's not cool to shame them for that, but personally I really don't like the 'this is just a common dragon' or 'you'll forget about this in a week' kinds of statements, especially coming from those who did get something from the event. Sure, not getting an upside down sprite is not the end of the world, and people who like this game will continue playing it regardless, but it's still not cool to miss out on something exclusive that was given out based on luck. Those Mints aren't common, they are in fact special and there's no way to get them (according to what we as users can now observe, at least, unless smth new is announced) - heck, they can't even produce upside down babies, which makes the situation even worse than the Prize raffle in this sense sad.gif Even the normal Mints and Balloons from April Fool's are special because they have the Cave location, not something that's possible to get these days so they're 'exclusive' in terms of users who weren't playing the game years ago.

Edited by Tears in Rain

but personally I really don't like the 'this is just a common dragon' or 'you'll forget about this in a week' kinds of statements, especially coming from those who did get something from the event.

I looked back on the two of us who said something like this recently and we didn't say you should or even should feel this way. We said this is how we felt when this happened to us. o:

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I mean, we couldn't even deal with a "joke", at this point there isn't much left to say.

Well, maybe that means it's not a very good joke?

An example of a nice AF joke - Magistream event from a couple of years ago. When you breed creatures on April 1st, you got a funny "bread creature", a living bread with paws and eyes (joke on how many people mess with spelling "bread" instead of "breed"). Lots of creatures, lots of fun, everyone got them, and who didn't (were offline for the day or something) were able to easily trade for later. Nice? Nice.

Or some other events from other sites (like old Valenth) with cute April adoptables releases. Or maybe some change in site art (Dino Cave or this year' Flight Rising). A good joke is when no one is left behind and no one is sad. This Prisoner's Dilemma is not a good one.

(Also I... don't understand why give a special egg to the "betrayer" party, not to the "silent" party. Somehow it just rubs me the wrong way. Okay, maybe it's just me, so sorry about that.)

Well, maybe that means it's not a very good joke?

An example of a nice AF joke - Magistream event from a couple of years ago. When you breed creatures on April 1st, you got a funny "bread creature", a living bread with paws and eyes (joke on how many people mess with spelling "bread" instead of "breed"). Lots of creatures, lots of fun, everyone got them, and who didn't (were offline for the day or something) were able to easily trade for later. Nice? Nice.

Or some other events from other sites (like old Valenth) with cute April adoptables releases. Or maybe some change in site art (Dino Cave or this year' Flight Rising). A good joke is when no one is left behind and no one is sad. This Prisoner's Dilemma is not a good one.

(Also I... don't understand why give a special egg to the "betrayer" party, not to the "silent" party. Somehow it just rubs me the wrong way. Okay, maybe it's just me, so sorry about that.)

Whether it was a good joke or not is subjective. DC is not magistream. I'd judge harshly if this was the norm every year but it was first time such an event happened, there have been temporary sprite change events many times before but it is same old same old on DC. Maybe TJ did a small joke because he didn't have time/resource/staff/artists to do large one on time, and it was better than nothing. Again, I wouldn't compare DC to other sites like valenth.

April fools are all about playing pranks, if I had to accuse every person who was mean/not nice to me on 1st April simply for the sake of pranking me but otherwise are good people, I would have a very long list. I thought it was obvious doing something good wouldn't get you rewarded because it is 1st April, at least that is how I played the game. Doesn't mean I am walking around with devil horns.

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

The special egg was given to the defectors because that's how the original Prisoner's Dilemma works; if one prisoner tattles on the other they get a bigger reward than if they decided to stay quiet instead. Of course this only works if the other prisoner chooses NOT to tell on them; if both tell on each other both get a worse deal than if they had stayed silent.

While I understand your metaphor and agree with your sour grapes, I want to thank you for the name inspiration for my last mint. Her first offspring will be in the departure thread tomorrow if she is successful.

Surprisingly, mint flavored sawdust and syrup doesn't sound like the worst thing in the world. In fact, it's probably the secret ingredient in diet soda.

I still think it would've been fun if all Mints were given a BSA that lets them temporarily flip dragons' sprites. Even if it only lasted for the month or a single week, it would've made for some great fun browsing other scrolls. I want to finally see a rightside-up male Ridgeback..

Fed up of searching through all the drama for an answer...

Was there any one upside down egg bred?

Fed up of searching through all the drama for an answer...

Was there any one upside down egg bred?

Yes, several players bred them. They produced regular mint eggs.

I had fun and I got "eaten"...

Am I jealous of the people who got upside down babies ? You bet! I'll be breeding 2G of my beauties to trade for their 2G biggrin.gif

But getting mad at lucky people ? Why ? Everyone had the same fair chance. And everyone got pranked in one way or another which is what April Fools is for.

Lighten up people!

*carefully skirts around the drama*

I bred this from one of my non-Prank Mint AP catches, would anyone like it? Claimed!

Edited by Amazon_warrior

I'll be breeding my upside down egg soon. Would anyone like the egg? It probably won't be upside down, but it'll still be a G2 mint from a rare and an upside down mint?

And I actually really don't like how only a couple people got them. I was kind of hoping for them to grow up and become normal, or the "normal" mint eggs to be something special.

Again, I wouldn't compare DC to other sites like valenth.

They weren't saying DC should become more like other pet sites, they were just comparing "tasteful" April Fools pranks done with similar site mechanics. I think denying the ability to tie in comparisons to other pranks is a little much.

--

...but anyway, yeah, this has gotten out of hand. Nine's analogy was a pleasure to read, though. smile.gif

Surprisingly, mint flavored sawdust and syrup doesn't sound like the worst thing in the world. In fact, it's probably the secret ingredient in diet soda.

I still think it would've been fun if all Mints were given a BSA that lets them temporarily flip dragons' sprites. Even if it only lasted for the month or a single week, it would've made for some great fun browsing other scrolls. I want to finally see a rightside-up male Ridgeback..

That would be a fun BSA.

user posted imageuser posted image

Now I'm freeeeee, free fallin'

Yea I'm freeeeeeee, free faaallin'

Maybe it's the fact that it's 6am and I haven't slept, but I can't stop laughing at these flipped sprites

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

This makes me upsetti spaghetti because i stayed silent having heard of the prisoner's dilemma experiment before, knowing it was most profitable for the group. Unfortunately, the other person did not, and now i feel like i missed out on an event that i shouldve been a part of. Maybe im just being a crybaby but idk man feelsbad.jpg

From what I recall staying silent is actually the worst choice you could make, unless you know the person in question well enough that you could trust them to stay silent as well.

Maybe it's the fact that it's 6am and I haven't slept, but I can't stop laughing at these flipped sprites

lmao! I want to photoshop in a little skateboard.

*dies of laughter* xd.png

Thanks Sock, now I'll have that song stuck in my head all day. xd.png but its totally worth it to see those flipped. They look pretty cool, much better than I pictured they would be flipped. smile.gif

Oh you are the best for this xd.png

😂😂😂

I think that players who got April Fool's dragons should feel good about owning one (or more) and it's not cool to shame them for that, but personally I really don't like the 'this is just a common dragon' or 'you'll forget about this in a week' kinds of statements, especially coming from those who did get something from the event. Sure, not getting an upside down sprite is not the end of the world, and people who like this game will continue playing it regardless, but it's still not cool to miss out on something exclusive that was given out based on luck. Those Mints aren't common, they are in fact special and there's no way to get them (according to what we as users can now observe, at least, unless smth new is announced) - heck, they can't even produce upside down babies, which makes the situation even worse than the Prize raffle in this sense sad.gif Even the normal Mints and Balloons from April Fool's are special because they have the Cave location, not something that's possible to get these days so they're 'exclusive' in terms of users who weren't playing the game years ago.

Agreed.

Collection games should have all sprites available for everybody even if only in /view/ link dry.gif (except Spriter's Alts those are the only exclusives I'm alright with).

Until something like Trader's Canyon gets implemented DC won't really be what it's meant to be in the first place ~ a sprite collecting game. ( I know I shouldn't compare DC to other collecting sites, but just a glimpse on Magistream collection game that makes all pets available for everyone even the Donation ( which are paid with real money and people sell them for Gold you get for clicking the eggs from others) and holiday ones and recolors with repeating events with almost 0% possibility to be left out and not get everything others do and have unsure.gif Sure makes me question the DC game play a lot of times and I'm even more understanding towards those who went on hiatus from it. *Also badges don't forget the badges~~~

Already there are too many exclusives with no chance (anymore/currently) to be able to obtain them (Alt Sweetlings, Snow Angels, CB Hybrids, CB Prizes), why throw even more luck/drama based ones in the community with no communication, explanation or heads-up as always. sleep.gif

Edited by WoLfgIrLyS

Nothing with real cash money here, please. One of this place's HUGE strengths as compared to practically anywhere else.