Sparrownado

Blame other person or say nothing prompt?

Ahhh, my male Ceiling Mint grew up! biggrin.gifwub.gif His girlfriend won't grow up for a couple more hours and I'm not sure I'm going to stay awake that long, so I'll probably try breeding them tomorrow morning. smile.gif

Why people can't simply enjoy a once-a-year silly joke without geting angry about being treated unfairly?

Amen to that. It was spontaneous, it was silly, and it was fun.

Well said, Ewi and StormBird. smile.gif

Now the big question is, will they breed true on April 1st next year, like other event dragons? That would be really cool, and give people who missed out this year a chance to get one (even if it's not a Caveborn).

I stick with my name "Snitches Get Stitches" and am very happy with my normal Cave mint. I love the Prisoners Dilemma, it has lots of real world applications, I have had many long long discussions about it several times, and consider myself pleased to have Kept Quiet.

Sticking by my Mint.

My Mint grew up this morning but I haven't bred her yet.

Prankniss Everdeen

I'm not sure where to put this (maybe I should put this in trade ) but, would anyone be interested in this eggie?

bloodswap would be awesome smile.gif

I'm not sure where to put this (maybe I should put this in trade ) but, would anyone be interested in this eggie?

bloodswap would be awesome smile.gif

I'll take it, if no one else wants it smile.gif

Sent the baby to someone without a cb upside down mint smile.gif Hope she (or he cuz I'm really bad at recognizing gender from names) would enjoy the baby!

And sock made this!link

April Fool lineage thread!

Edited by IOU

Ah, I'd like to join in on the April Fool's lineage project but I only have one Fool Mint! And I don't think Celestial/Mint makes a good combo on a lineage page xd.png

Edited by FlyingDragona

i'm kind of bummed that i didn't get anything special for staying silent. Not even a badge or anything. I'm not angry, just... sad.

Edited by MataSchmata

I've never been a fan of super-exclusive dragons that only some people can get, ever.

I wish it had been a badge, or a badge + they bred true or would be available next year.

I'd feel more strongly if they were something other than upside-down sprites... so I do have a hard time caring, especially since they show up like normal in lineages.

I stayed silent and got a cave mint, which I gifted away.

Badges would have been awesome. smile.gif I wish everyone could have got one, depending on the outcome they had. Part of me always feels though -- "well, that's too easy, and DC has to make it complicated." tongue.gif

Is it too late for badges on the scroll? It's still something I would love to see. Could they not be made and implemented after-the-fact?

Is it too late for badges on the scroll? It's still something I would love to see. Could they not be made and implemented after-the-fact?

Unfortunately, I don't see a retroactive badge happening. =(

The only thing that bugs me is the fact that we didn't get a badge out of this event. I mean I'm happy that I got an upside-down Egg and I was one of the lucky ones but at the same time I think it would be only fair if everyone got at least something out of it. if we can get a Magikarp badge just for using Splash which is a pointless BSA then why not a badge for participating in an April Fool's joke?

Other than that I thought was a great event I just wish that everyone could have joined in on the fun that would have made it better.

I'm actually really bummed that I didn't get one. I had a really hard April Fool's day so that was kind of just icing on the cake. I was just banking on them going back rightside up so I didn't even attempt to trade.

Edited by Earth Gurl

my 2 upside down mints grew up but they didnt produce any eggs immediately... sounds like they turn out normal anyway. oh well. kinda had a feeling their offspring wouldn't be upsidedown..

Edited by Switch

Anyone got an suggestions for breeding upside down mints? All my other mints have partners...

Anyone got an suggestions for breeding upside down mints? All my other mints have partners...

I bred mine to xenos and a copper.

Don't know how anyone considers this event to be all that great. You click a button once and maybe get an exclusive dragon based on chance. That's pretty much it. No sudden surprises or twists out of left-field. It's actually pretty lame and feels thrown together at the last minute. After all, the mint itself is only a piece of coding.

It almost feels rather spiteful in a way. I'm sure the admin knows by now how people hate exlcusive things, rewards based on random chance, and being left out while others celebrate. Why put together something that only further creates feelings of disappointment, envy, and missing out? It's like those "pranks" that actually end up nearly killing its victims. And hey, if my sleep-addled brain can come up with 99 more fun, interesting, and inclusive April Fools event ideas, no excuses.

'Sour grapes, Nine!' The masses cry. But little do they know I've got my own grape vineyard and they are absolutely delicious. I like sharing them though, and with as many people as I possibly can. I've always been in favor of people being able to obtain their own grapes, even if they're not exactly like the current vineyards', and have been since well before I grew my own crops. Seeing more exclusive types of fruit hit the winery market makes me feel like no lesson has been learned. Or worse, that it just doesn't matter. Sure the wine tastes pretty much exactly like Walmart's cheap knockoff brand, and only the most experienced of sommeliers will notice the difference, but it's the principle of the matter. After all, why do you think discontinued snack foods fetch such high prices on eBay despite tasting like sawdust and syrup?

Don't know how anyone considers this event to be all that great. You click a button once and maybe get an exclusive dragon based on chance. That's pretty much it. No sudden surprises or twists out of left-field. It's actually pretty lame and feels thrown together at the last minute. After all, the mint itself is only a piece of coding.

It almost feels rather spiteful in a way. I'm sure the admin knows by now how people hate exlcusive things, rewards based on random chance, and being left out while others celebrate. Why put together something that only further creates feelings of disappointment, envy, and missing out? It's like those "pranks" that actually end up nearly killing its victims. And hey, if my sleep-addled brain can come up with 99 more fun, interesting, and inclusive April Fools event ideas, no excuses.

'Sour grapes, Nine!' The masses cry. But little do they know I've got my own grape vineyard and they are absolutely delicious. I like sharing them though, and with as many people as I possibly can. I've always been in favor of people being able to obtain their own grapes, even if they're not exactly like the current vineyards', and have been since well before I grew my own crops. Seeing more exclusive types of fruit hit the winery market makes me feel like no lesson has been learned. Or worse, that it just doesn't matter. Sure the wine tastes pretty much exactly like Walmart's cheap knockoff brand, and only the most experienced of sommeliers will notice the difference, but it's the principle of the matter. After all, why do you think discontinued snack foods fetch such high prices on eBay despite tasting like sawdust and syrup?

While I understand your metaphor and agree with your sour grapes, I want to thank you for the name inspiration for my last mint. Her first offspring will be in the departure thread tomorrow if she is successful.

This makes me upsetti spaghetti because i stayed silent having heard of the prisoner's dilemma experiment before, knowing it was most profitable for the group. Unfortunately, the other person did not, and now i feel like i missed out on an event that i shouldve been a part of. Maybe im just being a crybaby but idk man feelsbad.jpg

You took the words out of mouth. We're the punchline of this prank.

Amazing analogy by the way!

Some people before were saying we were treating this like a raffle, crying because we simply didn't get anything. Honestly I'm not so sure that's a fair comparison; you can breed prize dragons. Sure I can't get a CB Tinsel or a CB Shimmerscale but I can still get them (and do have them, or at least most of them) because the nice people who did get them can breed them and give them to others that can't get them normally. Right now if you didn't get lucky or can't trade for an upside-down Mint you're out of luck, because you can't really breed them and expect the offspring to be upside-down too. Unlike the prize dragons there's no real way to get more; the current number in circulation is all there's going to be, at least for the foreseeable future. It's like how Frills and Bright Pinks/Arias used to be; when I got here they were retired, meaning I couldn't get them. Which I mean, that's not too big a deal, I just got there late and they ended up bringing them out of retirement which made the whole thing moot, but they were quite restricted.

At least we can descendants of them, which is very nice, but.... eh... I mean I can't really complain too much given the haul I got trying to look for one....

I just love how people who got the exclusive mints act like its not a big deal towards people who got nothing, its so hypocritical sad.gif Worst event ever, makes one wanna quit this game, the community is getting smaller and smaller so why would anyone make this cruel joke at all is beyond me, just awful