Sparrownado

Blame other person or say nothing prompt?

Such an unfair event ... mad.gif I honestly start to hate this game more and more each year, with prize dragons gone, CB hybrids and Hollies raffles gone and such one day pure luck events just creates more privileged players and many unlucky players with no valuables to compete with the game's trading market sleep.gif

Such an unfair event ... mad.gif I honestly start to hate this game more and more each year, with prize dragons gone, CB hybrids and Hollies raffles gone and such one day pure luck events just creates more privileged players and many unlucky players with no valuables to compete with the game's trading market sleep.gif

It felt like the odds were pretty nice though. 50% chance of getting it and some people seem to have more than 1 so they must have traded for it.

The image doesn't appear inverted when you're looking through their scroll and from what I've heard they breed normal so there's really no perk besides just having that one dragon that is inverted.

Do I wish that everyone got something? sure, but at the end of the day...it is okay.

The worth of an offspring from one of these upside-down mints is going to be negligible. Fully 25% of the people who play DC have one, so there will be many such offspring; plenty of people will be gifting them; and their upside-downness is not visible on the lineage page anyway, so they won't be worth rares to a lineage breeder the way a 2nd-gen from an alt or something is.

I don't understand how you could be unhappy there are no more prize raffles and at the same time hate this April Fools thing. In the raffles, less than 5% of the players won anything. In this game, HALF of all users got an egg out of it. If you liked the raffles and are upset they are gone, then shouldn't you be rooting for MORE egg mini-games like this one? Odds are strong that you would end up with an event egg after one or two more games like this, whereas they'd be very slim that you'd win a prize raffle.

The image doesn't appear inverted when you're looking through their scroll and from what I've heard they breed normal so there's really no perk besides just having that one dragon that is inverted.

I can proof that: The upside down Mints aren't upside-down in lineages and they don't breed upside-down offspring: lineage link

This egg's father is upside-down, the mother is a regular mint bred in 2015.

(Btw. It's too funny these names were not yet taken! xd.png)

Edited by Hermeline

It felt like the odds were pretty nice though. 50% chance of getting it and some people seem to have more than 1 so they must have traded for it.

I got two upside down mints (traded one) and a cave balloon (that got earthquaked to death in the April Impatience Massacre of 2017 when I was locked) All from the event. I think you were able to get multiples.

...How does this create more unlucky players with no valuables? If anything, this just makes more "special" dragons that more people can have since literally everyone who logged in that day and went to the biomes had a 50% chance to get the mint. I don't have any 2G from SA or prize, I have a single holly with a very messy lineage, I wasn't around for the majority of events so I have very little CB holiday dragons and I was given a 50% chance at getting this joke mint that doesn't even show the correct sprite on lineage view. It shouldn't be something this upsetting for everyone... Am I sad I wasn't around for the majority of "exclusive" events and things like this in the past? Yeah! But I'm not going to complain about it. That's how things work, if everything was accessible to everyone without any effort nothing would have any real value.

I'm sorry that you weren't able to get one and that a lot of people weren't able to get one. sad.gif I don't support these pure luck based events but I'm not fully against it either, specially not since the mints aren't even upside down in lineage view. I think it might end up being more of a funny "easter egg" sort of thing in the long run than anything.

@Jazeki I had no idea about the Copper color thing, but I still don't think it's enough to make these dragons super valuable.

I got two upside down mints (traded one) and a cave balloon (that got earthquaked to death in the April Impatience Massacre of 2017 when I was locked) All from the event. I think you were able to get multiples.

I think for the event itself, you were only supposed to obtain one ever (as the glitch that allowed multiples was fixed), but you could obtain more through other means.

@,Articlay- I never said they were super valuable. Just more special than a biome mint.

Edited by Jazeki

I gotta say I'm rather bummed about this. I chose the nice option assuming we WERE playing against other people and that in the end it was all going to be a silly joke anyway. But now it turns out people who chose the "bad" option and also had the raw luck to not just lose get a special sprite? Yes I realize it's just a common dragon flipped upside down but it's still a neat piece of DC history that I'm going to always regret missing out on. I did not expect an April Fools event to have lasting effects. sad.gif

(I know they could still return to normal eventually, but even if they did, that's going to leave a different sort of anger in its wake at this point)

...How does this create more unlucky players with no valuables? If anything, this just makes more "special" dragons that more people can have since literally everyone who logged in that day and went to the biomes had a 50% chance to get the mint. I don't have any 2G from SA or prize, I have a single holly with a very messy lineage, I wasn't around for the majority of events so I have very little CB holiday dragons and I was given a 50% chance at getting this joke mint that doesn't even show the correct sprite on lineage view. It shouldn't be something this upsetting for everyone... Am I sad I wasn't around for the majority of "exclusive" events and things like this in the past? Yeah! But I'm not going to complain about it. That's how things work, if everything was accessible to everyone without any effort nothing would have any real value.

Well said. smile.gif

I still don't know why people have been saying that this event was 'unfair'. It wasn't, we all had the same chance (early glitches aside and those can't be helped).

Well said. smile.gif

I still don't know why people have been saying that this event was 'unfair'. It wasn't, we all had the same chance (early glitches aside and those can't be helped).

Everyone had the same chance at winning prize dragons, but the huge imbalance of power that resulted still made them quite unfair in my eyes.

Obviously upside down commons aren't anywhere close to that in impact, but I still wish exclusive luck based dragons were something that would not have made a comeback.

Yes I realize it's just a common dragon flipped upside down but it's still a neat piece of DC history that I'm going to always regret missing out on. I did not expect an April Fools event to have lasting effects. sad.gif

This is actually a very good point that I completely missed in my post above. I think that the solution for this would be to give everyone who chose an answer to the prompt a trophy regardless of what outcome they got (or specific trophies for different endings if people prefer that).

Yeah, that's the problem with it... with most events, even if you don't get a "trophy" dragon, participating will earn you a badge or at least some sort of proof that you were along for the ride. Here, a large portion of players participated fully and still have nothing to show for it. That's what makes it different from the majority of once-in-a-lifetime DC events, and it's disappointing IMO.

I think for the event itself, you were only supposed to obtain one ever (as the glitch that allowed multiples was fixed), but you could obtain more through other means.

ohmy.gif oops. The perks of being awake at like 1am. Guess it's a good thing I only ultimately ended up keeping one.

Edit: This is really random but the tune "Lookin' like a fool with your mint upside down" just popped into my head.

Edited by scratcher_cat

I gotta say I'm rather bummed about this. I chose the nice option assuming we WERE playing against other people and that in the end it was all going to be a silly joke anyway. But now it turns out people who chose the "bad" option and also had the raw luck to not just lose get a special sprite? Yes I realize it's just a common dragon flipped upside down but it's still a neat piece of DC history that I'm going to always regret missing out on. I did not expect an April Fools event to have lasting effects. sad.gif

(I know they could still return to normal eventually, but even if they did, that's going to leave a different sort of anger in its wake at this point)

So they stayed upside down?

:/ Bummer. I also chose the 'nice' option and ended up with nothing. That's disappointing. Not a very funny joke.

I liked the event, though I got eaten.

I traded for 2 rightside up mints and I caught 2 rightside-up mints, just because of the April 1 cave issue.

I think the joke is on all of us though.

So many people complain whenever there is a wall of mints in the AP, yet we were all frantically trying to catch them, hoping for April 1st cave ones.

(I am kicking myself that I didn't think to be evil enough to massbreed mints on the first.)

There will be a bunch of people wanting offspring from the April Fool's dragons, because we all love to make lineages and trade for them, so there will be a continuous desire for mints.

Yup, the joke is on all of us.

It is a bit of a silly event, and the fact that Mints will be in demand for a while is quite funny. ^^

I was nice and didn't end up getting an upside down Mint- I almost wish they would have rewarded the nice people, haha. Though I guess I'd be saying the same thing if I wasn't nice and didn't get one. :P Guess it wouldn't be quite in the spirit of April Fools Day if the tricksters didn't get their reward. :V

I don't have a right side up April Fool's mint, but I'm gonna use a really old pre-biome Cave Mint and hope they mate well.

Here's a thought. What if "rightside up" meant turn it 90 degrees to the left so the right side was facing upward?

Edited by scratcher_cat

I agree. I chose to be nice specifically because I thought I was going up against someone else. That I wasn't, and missed out... well, I can't really complain. But I'm sad.

Wish I'd at least gotten a badge.

A scroll badge would have been nice for sure. Little green eggs of the appropriate orientation, and maybe some antacid tablets for those who got eaten. The dragons surely had indigestion that day!

I wish there had been badges, too.

I feel like a badge depending on your result would have been better; I know I wasn't the only one who thought that I was being paired off with someone else, even if it was probably just a coin flip, and a lot of people probably acted with that in mind.

I was under the impression there was no event that day, so I didn't even know about it until today sad.gif

Badges would have been nice. I don't understand the utter "secrecy" surrounding this event. Not only did people miss out from being eaten, but some people missed the event entirely because they didn't hunt biomes the day of and had no idea an event was going on as there was no announcement.

I was lucky enough to trade for a mint early on and then catch my own in the AP when they were going by. Now, I have nothing to offer that people seem to want to get an upside down mint to give to someone else. Others have had no chance at getting another mint at all. I hope in the future, these one-day events are more inclusive. I would say "more thought out," but Sock's comment when she posted her badges made it seem like these events are planned ahead of time.

Badges would have been nice. I don't understand the utter "secrecy" surrounding this event. Not only did people miss out from being eaten, but some people missed the event entirely because they didn't hunt biomes the day of and had no idea an event was going on as there was no announcement.

I was lucky enough to trade for a mint early on and then catch my own in the AP when they were going by. Now, I have nothing to offer that people seem to want to get an upside down mint to give to someone else. Others have had no chance at getting another mint at all. I hope in the future, these one-day events are more inclusive. I would say "more thought out," but Sock's comment when she posted her badges made it seem like these events are planned ahead of time.

My guess is that this event was for the people who run events more than for the users. If it was for the users, there would have been the usual niceties like an event notice on our scrolls, badges for at least trying the game, and notice that you only were able to play once, which is unlike most cave games. Plus, there'd be some behind the scenes people around to tease us a bit in the thread.

So, someone is enjoying watching us twist in the wind over mints, i.e. make April Fools of ourselves. Good one!

I definitely agree about April Fools having lasting effects. It isn't anything game-changing, sure, and definitely not as big of a deal as prize dragons, but for me at least it just doesn't quite sit right. If something is here to stay I wish there had at least been an announcement about it. An "event" with no second chances is a bit of a bummer when you're one of the first to see it and have no idea what each option could get you, let alone when you get nothing. The flavour text for being locked even said you weren't missing out on anything really.

I was pretty much sure the upside down mints would revert back to normal, and I suppose they still could, but by this point it would probably upset as many people as keeping them would. In my opinion this should only have lasted one day, that of April Fools.

I feel like a badge depending on your result would have been better; I know I wasn't the only one who thought that I was being paired off with someone else, even if it was probably just a coin flip, and a lot of people probably acted with that in mind.

This would have been ideal actually, and I acted the same way.

Edited by MissK.