Sparrownado

Blame other person or say nothing prompt?

I just love how people who got the exclusive mints act like its not a big deal towards people who got nothing

I've seen people with mints have negative feelings towards this prank and people without mints post saying it's no big deal, not to mention the people with mints who gave them away.

I've seen people with mints have negative feelings towards this prank and people without mints post saying it's no big deal, not to mention the people with mints who gave them away.

Based on your statement, let me make a wild guess - You got the upside down mint didn't you?

People with mints have negative feelings towards the prank coz others got nothing but hey, they are happy they got their mints

People without them say its not a big deal coz hey they got nothing, so its better to shrug it off instead of being sad about it

People who gave them away had a choice 70% of the community didnt

Edited by The Evil Doer

....Just, can we PLEASE not start arguing about this again _(:з」∠)_ ......

Edited by IOU

Honestly I don't really like how this event worked, so I'm in the process of giving my topsy mint (I didn't realize blaming the person would be the less moral choice because I didn't read all the text and was assuming it was a Lawful vs Chaotic situation where you decided whether to report theft or tolerate it rolleyes.gif) away to a particular person who didn't get one.

Here's hoping there's some sort of official word on the subject, to ease the confusion going on...?

....Just, can we PLEASE not start arguing about this again  _(:з」∠)_ ......

It's almost been a whole week too... orz

I feel like the people who got special mints are like... people who found a 5 dollar bill on the sidewalk? Like, nobody had to get anything. There doesn't have to be events on small holidays like April Fools. And there's a chance that if something like this totally blew up the community, there might be less small events in the future? I know I personally wouldn't go to the trouble if it was just going to explode??.

I said nothing, and R.I.P me. tongue.gif At least, someone recieved the special egg, hopefully.

Based on your statement, let me make a wild guess - You got the upside down mint didn't you?

People with mints have negative feelings towards the prank coz others got nothing but hey, they are happy they got their mints

People without them say its not a big deal coz hey they got nothing, so its better to shrug it off instead of being sad about it

People who gave them away had a choice 70% of the community didnt

Yes, I guess it is impossible that anyone could have looked at these mints and gave them away or abandoned them because mints are commons and they don't care to collect more.

People knowingly abandoned and gave away these upside down mints without care to even wait to see if they stayed upside down. I guarantee not everyone is as black-and-white as you painted them, and plenty of people who abandoned theirs did so without second thought.

You're allowed to feel disappointed over this joke, but others are allowed to enjoy.

As I said earlier, in the end, these are extremely common blocker dragons and even the "special" ones do not appear "special" in scroll or lineage view, meaning you specifically have to go hunting them down to even know they're upside down.

When leetle trees were originally released for only a couple of hours and then disappeared for - as we knew it then - forever, was I disappointed to have gone to bed instead of continuing to try and catch one? Yes. Did I quit the game over it or lament my lack of tree over the years? Nope. I was sad I missed out... for about a week. Leetle trees are automatically frozen once they hit your scroll. They (now) change for the season, but other than that? They do nothing. They're nothing special. You catch one once and you're done. Did I think they should be re-released to the cave? Yeah, if it ever came up in suggestions and I thought about it rather than having kinda actually forgotten they were a thing. Did I sit around the cave wishing they were re-released? Nope. I much prefer catching fun lineages - they're pretty, more unique, and I can work on building mates for them if I'm ever bored.

Now in this case, trees were re-released again years later, something I did not expect. I grabbed a tree... and promptly forgot about it again because all it does is sit there on my scroll and look pretty... like all the dragons - including the mass of common dragons I raise and the messys I grab from the AP sometimes because I know not many people like picking them up - on my scroll, of which I can do things.

Point being: I have missed out on an exclusive before. And I was kind of disappointed for a maybe a week before I went back to my regular cave activities without a second thought.

So, yeah. You're allowed to feel disappointed with this joke or be said that you don't have a mint. But you're not allowed to try and make others feel bad because they disagree with you or feel differently than you.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Yes, I guess it is impossible that anyone could have looked at these mints and gave them away or abandoned them because mints are commons and they don't care to collect more.

People knowingly abandoned and gave away these upside down mints without care to even wait to see if they stayed upside down. I guarantee not everyone is as black-and-white as you painted them, and plenty of people who abandoned theirs did so without second thought.

You're allowed to feel disappointed over this joke, but others are allowed to enjoy.

As I said earlier, in the end, these are extremely common blocker dragons and even the "special" ones do not appear "special" in scroll or lineage view, meaning you specifically have to go hunting them down to even know they're upside down.

When leetle trees were originally released for only a couple of hours and then disappeared for - as we knew it then - forever, was I disappointed to have gone to bed instead of continuing to try and catch one? Yes. Did I quit the game over it or lament my lack of tree over the years? Nope. I was sad I missed out... for about a week. Leetle trees are automatically frozen once they hit your scroll. They (now) change for the season, but other than that? They do nothing. They're nothing special. You catch one once and you're done. Did I think they should be re-released to the cave? Yeah, if it ever came up in suggestions and I thought about it rather than having kinda actually forgotten they were a thing. Did I sit around the cave wishing they were re-released? Nope. I much prefer catching fun lineages - they're pretty, more unique, and I can work on building mates for them if I'm ever bored.

Now in this case, trees were re-released again years later, something I did not expect. I grabbed a tree... and promptly forgot about it again because all it does is sit there on my scroll and look pretty... like all the dragons - including the mass of common dragons I raise and the messys I grab from the AP sometimes because I know not many people like picking them up - on my scroll, of which I can do things.

Point being: I have missed out on an exclusive before. And I was kind of disappointed for a maybe a week before I went back to my regular cave activities without a second thought.

So, yeah. You're allowed to feel disappointed with this joke or be said that you don't have a mint. But you're not allowed to try and make others feel bad because they disagree with you or feel differently than you.

What does your wall of text have to do with anything I said?

1. People who got mints and are downplaying it are hypocrites, and the same like rich people telling poor people money doesn't matter

2. Event divided the community and IMO events are supposed to bring the community together

So, yeah. You're allowed to feel happy that you have an exclusive mint. But you're not allowed to tell others it's not a big deal to not get a mint when you actually have one

It's almost been a whole week too... orz

I feel like the people who got special mints are like... people who found a 5 dollar bill on the sidewalk?

I was comparing The Dragon's Dilemma to gambling for pennies earlier in my head. We all played a short game of poker. Some people went home without any pennies, some went home with some pennies, and some went home with the new shiny pennies that have a new design but are ultimately still just pennies. Some people with regular pennies and some people with regular pennies didn't want the fairly useless piece of change, so they gave them away to those that asked or traded them for the nickels/dimes/quarters/whatever bigger change that someone else offered for them, as they don't mind carrying around pennies. Some people outright just came for the poker and didn't want the pennies at all, so left them sitting on the playing table, free for other players to grab. And some players wanted some pennies but weren't able to find anyone who would give or swap them some. But at the end of the day... we were still just playing for pennies. ;3

This makes me upsetti spaghetti because i stayed silent having heard of the prisoner's dilemma experiment before, knowing it was most profitable for the group. Unfortunately, the other person did not, and now i feel like i missed out on an event that i shouldve been a part of. Maybe im just being a crybaby but idk man feelsbad.jpg

Maybe I just read too much into this comment, but this would have been interesting in a totally different way. Instead of it only having consequences for pairs of "users", the overall group decision would also be weighed and there would have been community consequences.

If the majority/all people chose to stay silent, then everyone gets a free mint egg but upside downsies are released in cave.

If the majority/enough people blame, they get special mints and nothing is released.

Considering how many users chose cure in the recent contagion game, I do believe the group would have overall chosen to stay silent.

(I may have just ruined how the Prisoner's Dilemma actually works, though...)

But that's not how it happened, so we shall never know. oeo

What does your wall of text have to do with anything I said?

1. People who got mints and are downplaying it are hypocrites, and the same like rich people telling poor people money doesn't matter

2. Event divided the community and IMO events are supposed to bring the community together

So, yeah. You're allowed to feel happy that you have an exclusive mint. But you're not allowed to tell others it's not a big deal to not get a mint when you actually have one

You said "people are only being positive because they won something!" I pointed out that there were people who didn't get any mints who I'd seen post positively here, and pointed out all the people who gave away their "special" mints. You came back and basically said "no they couldn't have possible felt that way everyone feels bad!" Which I disagreed with. Maybe take another moment to read through my post if it was confusing?

And honestly, I really wouldn't even call this an event. It was a joke that was basically over as soon as you selected an option. Nothing left but a waiting game after that.

P.S. Lol, thanks for trying to turn my own words on me, but I have explicitly said several times now that users are allowed to be upset and that I even understand it.

And you're still trying to do exactly the same thing: shut me up for having a different opinion than you. I'm letting you be upset. But I'm also not going to let you make me feel bad because I got a blocker dragon. rolleyes.gif

P.P.S. Got rid of the large text because shouting at me is unnecessary.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

When leetle trees were originally released for only a couple of hours and then disappeared for - as we knew it then - forever, was I disappointed to have gone to bed instead of continuing to try and catch one? Yes. Did I quit the game over it or lament my lack of tree over the years? Nope. I was sad I missed out... for about a week.

This^^

I was disappointed not to get a mint. Then I went to get my kids up and feed them their breakfast. Because real life.

I can't claim to be perfect and to never have got upset over dragon cave (that first awful lineage view change anyone?) but please it is in the end just a game. One that has so very many pluses and has kept people interested with years of enjoyment. All for free.

I have really enjoyed following this thread and seeing the speculation and I can't wait to see what TJ comes up with next year.

Edited by Wiz

I didn't get anything. I like looking at the names people have given theirs, but I get that this wasn't the type of event where everyone got an egg. Would I have liked one? Sure. But it isn't that big of a deal to me. It was the luck of the draw.

I understand the frustration. I got eaten, so I do not have a flipped mint. I didn't even get a normal mint (until I went AP hunting & found a normal there).Having ONE shot at an exclusive dragon & losing out because you lost to chance sucks.Yes, they're mints. Yes, mints are dirt common. This year's prank went & made some of these normally dirt-common mints VERY different from their regular counterparts. Yes, you have to do some extra looking for flipped mints. They're still different from the norm & more than a few members have had the opportunity to acquire their own stomped flat by chance.

I'm not a fan of losing the (apparently) only chance I had at a flipped minty. Trading doesn't work for me, I offered the best of what I had at the time & every single offer I made lost out to the CB metallic wants. I don't begrudge the people who won the roll against chance & got theirs, or traded for them, or raided the AP & ran off with them. I would maybe have liked slightly better odds of nabbing my own instead of walking away with a giant helping of nothing.

Now, since I despise drama in any form, I'm going to disappear again. This is just my rambling take on things, for what it's worth. My slight disappointment will go away eventually.

You said "people are only being positive because they won something!" I pointed out that there were people who didn't get any mints who I'd seen post positively here, and pointed out all the people who gave away their "special" mints. You came back and basically said "no they couldn't have possible felt that way everyone feels bad!" Which I disagreed with. Maybe take another moment to read through my post if it was confusing?

And honestly, I really wouldn't even call this an event. It was a joke that was basically over as soon as you selected an option. Nothing left but a waiting game after that.

P.S. Lol, thanks for trying to turn my own words on me, but I have explicitly said several times now that users are allowed to be upset and that I even understand it.

And you're still trying to do exactly the same thing: shut me up for having a different opinion than you. I'm letting you be upset. But I'm also not going to let you make me feel bad because I got a blocker dragon. rolleyes.gif

P.P.S. Got rid of the large text because shouting at me is unnecessary.

Where did I say people were only positive for winning smth?

Where did I say everyone feels bad?

Maybe you should reread what I said

Again, I'm not saying you should feel bad for having a cool exclusive dragon, if I had one, I'd be happy too, furthermore I'm glad for you but I dislike that all "you winners" are downplaying it, its rude and hypocritical to me, and you keep saying stuff like "caveblokcer" "common dragon" etc like its not a big deal but you have an exclusive dragon that 60% of the playerbase doesn't have.

Have it, enjoy it, gratz to you, but don't come in here and tell me it's not a big deal when you're not on the side of "losers", it's like either you're that blind to how hypocritical it is or you're just tryin to justify to yourself that the event/prank was perfectly fair

Instead of blaming people who got, were gifted, or traded for something you don't have, perhaps unhappy people should direct their criticism at the only person who had any influence over the mini-event: TJ.

Everyone else is just a player, same as you, no matter what dragons they do or don't have. I doubt this event even involved any artist/mod help since it was so basic.

I only have one thing to say at this point:

Raffles -> drama

Valentine release this year -> drama

firegems -> drama and shaming users

april fool -> drama and shaming users

I think we should all be pretty clear at this point why TJ tends to ignore all suggestions regarding events, prizes, contests, special giveaways, games etc. and if we see decline in any releases except blockers and events in general, you know why. Not calling out anyone in particular, but lately the community seems to have a hair-trigger on everything and I won't be surprised if it starts impacting game development in general because nothing new can ever be done without it going up in flames. I mean, we couldn't even deal with a "joke", at this point there isn't much left to say.

Don't know how anyone considers this event to be all that great. You click a button once and maybe get an exclusive dragon based on chance. That's pretty much it. No sudden surprises or twists out of left-field. It's actually pretty lame and feels thrown together at the last minute. After all, the mint itself is only a piece of coding.

It almost feels rather spiteful in a way. I'm sure the admin knows by now how people hate exlcusive things, rewards based on random chance, and being left out while others celebrate. Why put together something that only further creates feelings of disappointment, envy, and missing out? It's like those "pranks" that actually end up nearly killing its victims. And hey, if my sleep-addled brain can come up with 99 more fun, interesting, and inclusive April Fools event ideas, no excuses.

'Sour grapes, Nine!' The masses cry. But little do they know I've got my own grape vineyard and they are absolutely delicious. I like sharing them though, and with as many people as I possibly can. I've always been in favor of people being able to obtain their own grapes, even if they're not exactly like the current vineyards', and have been since well before I grew my own crops. Seeing more exclusive types of fruit hit the winery market makes me feel like no lesson has been learned. Or worse, that it just doesn't matter. Sure the wine tastes pretty much exactly like Walmart's cheap knockoff brand, and only the most experienced of sommeliers will notice the difference, but it's the principle of the matter. After all, why do you think discontinued snack foods fetch such high prices on eBay despite tasting like sawdust and syrup?

Having played this game for a very, very long time and I can't agree more with this.

I think we should all be pretty clear at this point why TJ tends to ignore all suggestions regarding events, prizes, contests, special giveaways, games etc. and if we see decline in any releases except blockers and events in general, you know why.

But I mean to be fair... TJ should have seen this coming, unless the upsidedown Mints are going to flip after they finish growing up or something (which would cause its own kind of drama). He knows what exclusive CB dragons do to the community and chose to do it anyways. Can't entirely blame people when this was an extremely obvious outcome to a poorly thought out event imo... Though of course, some people are taking it way too far with the shaming/guilting/bullying/viewbombing (like always).

Edited by shortaxel

Imo it would have been funnier to just have ALL the sprites flipped for the duration of april fools then have them all go back to normal the next day.

Raffles -> drama

I think we should all be pretty clear at this point why TJ tends to ignore all suggestions regarding events, prizes, contests, special giveaways, games etc. and if we see decline in any releases except blockers and events in general, you know why. Not calling out anyone in particular, but lately the community seems to have a hair-trigger on everything and I won't be surprised if it starts impacting game development in general because nothing new can ever be done without it going up in flames. I mean, we couldn't even deal with a "joke", at this point there isn't much left to say.

Very good points!

And I think people tend to forget...this game is FREE to play...it costs us zip, zero, ziltch...a fact I'm very happy for. I think we all should be thankful for it too, and hope that TJ is willing to keep the game going in spite of all the recent dramas.

Personally, I think it would be pretty horrible if he did decide he was sick and tired of dealing with all the ungrateful people who never seem to be happy with anything he does or gives us...for FREE...and just deleted the whole game.

Ok I'm not sure if I should say this or not, but -

I'm perfectly fine with people being upset - yes, but why blame on the winners? I mean, it's not like we are the ones who set the code specifically so that we can win and leave everyone else crying. This IS a chance thing. AND NO WE ARE NO HYPOCRITES. I haven't seen ANYONE saying that people who did not win a mint should feel okay because it is no big deal. We're just expressing our thoughts.

I feel like I'll now be attacked because I'm a mint owner :/ but that's what I have to say

And adding on to it, actually at first I did not know what it means to pick blame >o< I was playing with my friend, she got eaten picking "say nothing", and that's the only reason I picked "blame". I thought you had to "pick the right answer". Because my English is not that good and I'm just too lazy to read the whole chunk of instruction :/ It's only after I saw this post that I realize it is this prisoner's dilemma thing :/

But I mean to be fair... TJ should have seen this coming, unless the upsidedown Mints are going to flip after they finish growing up or something (which would cause its own kind of drama). He knows what exclusive CB dragons do to the community and chose to do it anyways. Can't entirely blame people when this was an extremely obvious outcome to a poorly thought out event imo... Though of course, some people are taking it way too far with the shaming/guilting/bullying/viewbombing (like always).

That is not my point. My point is either we are going to demand 100% win in everything or we will stomp our feet down and cry foul. Did I win raffle? No. Did I think the valentine replacement was fair? No. Did I throw a hissy fit when I couldn't catch firegems? No, I spent hours and days camping in cave. I can also write a page on my upsets with the game, but my point is as a community we are adamant on demanding to the point nothing ever gets done and we go back to our business of collecting blockers because that is the only "safe" thing to release that won't trigger everyone.

Everyone wants to be fair to themselves, but no one wants to be fair to TJ. And this is coming from me, who almost never speaks in support for TJ for anything. Yeah TJ should have seen this coming, but I hope we can see it coming as well where there are no new games or events, because that is where we are headed. No single admin can deal with constant criticism on literally everything.

Raffles -> drama

This. News threads are getting overall depressing to read over the last few months, maybe half a year. Constant complaints, recriminations, repeated personal attacks in posts, spates of viewbombing. I don't want to imagine the kind of things players PM to TJ on a regular basis. I don't want him to give up on the game. sad.gif