Sparrownado

Blame other person or say nothing prompt?

I forgot about that, oops. But I never look at the news announcement in the cave. My eye just rolls right over it.

But I also would not have expected an April Fool's prank to be announced as news. tongue.gif

I'm slightly disappointed, but I'm still curious if we had adults? (I just want to see one ^^). Although, I do guess this is further proof that, as a whole, we can't handle raffles.

Also, question, do you see the upside down mints in lineage view or do they appear as regular?

I'm slightly disappointed, but I'm still curious if we had adults? (I just want to see one ^^). Although, I do guess this is further proof that, as a whole, we can't handle raffles.

Also, question, do you see the upside down mints in lineage view or do they appear as regular?

There are adults now, still upside-down: https://dragcave.net/lineage/FuPf6

They appear normal in lineage view but are upside down on the view page smile.gif

I disagree, I think it's totally reasonable to expect people to make a minimal effort to find out about an event. If it crossed their minds to wonder what was going on with DC on April 1st, the information was here and easily found. Some asked in Tiny Little Questions and were directed to this thread. And for those who never visit the forums (mentioned above) in that case an announcement wouldn't have helped, would it?

I'm with Laura. And people who don't come to the forums would never know anyway wink.gif

I'm with Laura. And people who don't come to the forums would never know anyway wink.gif

Whether you think an announcement would ruin the fun of it is totally up to you of course (I disagree but that's alright). I did point out that the news posts show in the cave though, so people who don't come here would know. wink.gif

Oh well, I shouldn't keep on about it, it's not a big deal in any case. But I appreciate the fact that steps were taken to make things clear for non-forum-goers since there used to be a lot of them. So this kind of just feels like a step back and rubs me the wrong way, it would have been easy even for me to miss and I do check here.

I thought it was a fun April Fool's event. I was egglocked when people started posting about being eaten in the biomes but as soon as my scroll freed up I was able to get a regular mint from the "cave" biome. I wish I had an upside-down mint, but I don't. I feel lucky that I got a "cave" dragon because some people didn't.

I thought the event was a cute diversion.

I made a Breeding Thread! It's for any dragons grabbed on April 1st. You can breed lines there, do swaps, and get on a gifting list for babies if you want.

I would say "more thought out," but Sock's comment when she posted her badges made it seem like these events are planned ahead of time.

Just because I thought out an idea and sent it in early doesn't mean TJ had any plans until the day of. I was honestly just procrastinating writing my thesis, missed doing fun April Fools thing on the forum (haven't had a new idea in years), so decided I'd try something for the cave.

TJ has a long history of running with on-the-spot jokes (Carrot Cave, Pokemon Night) more so than planning out anything other than regularly established events during the holidays.

Dino Cave AND the Celestial Dragons were announced.

Celestials weren't a joke (neither were nebulas for that matter) and there would have been no joke if Dino Cave hadn't been "announced". Literally the announcement was the joke.

There was no announcement for Carrot Cave.

This wasn't an event, therefore no announcement.

~

TJ does have a history of doing something on April 1st, whether a release or a joke. I don't think it's unreasonable for anyone interested to do a little exploring on the cave. But in the end, as people have been saying, there wasn't even a badge. What was to be gained from this event? An extremely common dragon that's been around the cave pretty much since its conception. ADP explained well why people want the upside down mints (part of DC's history and it's fun), but really, in the end? What do some of us have? An extremely common dragon readily available in the cave that does not appear as special in either scroll or lineage view.

I 100% understand being upset that you didn't get a "special" mint, but let's take a step back here and remember... it's honestly just a mint. ^^;;

Huh. Anyone else?

There were... three or four people that posted a few pages back with their offspring. No upside down ones.

what a horrible event giving a few people an exclusive dragon. im just liking this game less and less

what a horrible event giving a few people an exclusive dragon. im just liking this game less and less

A mint is not exactly an exclusive dragon.

I think it was a fun event, I just wish we had all gotten something out of it.

Also, I guess it is close to 50 percent of players that got an April Fools egg of any kind, that's far more than Prize dragons. There are people that have 2, 3 or more "special" Mints. I can't really see what this little drama is about. It is not like the 2nd gens from Upsies would be worth anything.

Why people can't simply enjoy a once-a-year silly joke without geting angry about being treated unfairly?

A mint is not exactly an exclusive dragon.

Adding on to this (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) but didn't something like 50% of users who actually participated in the event receive an egg? That's way more than the few lucky users that won the raffles, for example (I want to say someone said it was like 5%?). They show up completely normal in lineage view and on the scroll, so it's not going to affect lineages or anything, really, unless they start breeding upside-down offspring (I wish! Then everyone could get one smile.gif). Plus, Mints have been around, like, forever - though I do hope we have an event like this again, and everyone could get a few more tries. Gives the commons some love.

Unfortunately, not everyone was able to receive or trade for one, but I suppose that's just part of the game *sigh*

Edit: ninja.gif'd

Edited by polaristar

HEY - they show up upside down in breeding lists laugh.gif

Also, I guess it is close to 50 percent of players that got an April Fools egg of any kind, that's far more than Prize dragons. There are people that have 2, 3 or more "special" Mints. I can't really see what this little drama is about. It is not like the 2nd gens from Upsies would be worth anything.

Why people can't simply enjoy a once-a-year silly joke without geting angry about being treated unfairly?

A voice of cool reason. Love it.

I can understand how people can be upset over not getting an egg, but that's just how it works. April fools day, while not an official event, is something that happens every year and if you've been here for at least a year or more you know that, or you should. Don't get upset because you couldn't take part, I never got to take part before, it's something that happens and you should not be so upset. The dragons we got are nothing so special that you have to lament over not getting one. They are mints, and some are upside down. Is an upside down sprite that important? If people complain enough the dragons might be taken away and then NO ONE will have an April fools mint, is that what you want? for EVERYONE to suffer because you feel like you are?

Edited by Cecona

I'm really with the last couple comments.

It especially annoys me that people have viewbombed (a few) special mints to death too. I think we should all be happy and excited for the people who got special eggs.

Edited by irrelevantindigo

I'm with the voices of sanity. (I was nice and got a normal but I did manage to trade for an upsydownsy. YES I was very lucky, but still...)

I initially got a topsy-turvy

A friend who is one of the most avid Mint collectors on here couldn't get on on April 1st, so she missed out. The little one is now happy at home on her scroll.

I tried trading for another for myself but couldn't breed/catch the stuff people wanted/got on at the wrong time... whatever. So I got (kinda) unlucky.

I wish more people would have gotten one (although that wouldn't have helped me;)) but it didn't happen *shrugs*

I just kinda hope we can get upside-down Mints as an annual thingy like the broccoli - by which I mean I hope TJ will from now on flip ALL the Mints on April 1st for one day (the one day topsy-turvies are the right side up). IMO that would make a kind of running gag out of it and maybe give everyone something to smile about smile.gif

Edited by herk

There has NEVER been an announcement of any kind about April Fool's except Dino Cave - and that ANNOUNCEMENT was part of the foolery.. If there were, it would take all the fooling out of it.

Actually, if you look back a few years ago, TJ did make announcement about a whole bunch of new eggs dropping that were fake

Actually, if you look back a few years ago, TJ did make announcement about a whole bunch of new eggs dropping that were fake

Again, an announcement that was integral to the joke.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Again, an announcement that was integral to the joke.

Exactly. You don't announce an April Fools Day joke/prank unless the announcement is part of it.