Obscure_Trash

Sock's Mass Breeding Extravaganza

Did my Brutes, doing some BSAs and will continue. This new job is killing me schedule wise so it might make me linger out for a few days to give some follow up after the "main" days. But that is ok. Sending stuff to the AP that is lovely & fun is awesome!

Aeons done. Slowly working on bolts and then brutes are next. For those that are interested, I'm posting to the departure thread as well.

Edited by Jazeki

Here are my stats for BSA eggs that were punted to the AP. There's quite a bit of these bred from non BSA mates.

2 - Green (Earthquake)

11 - Purple (Fertility)

17 - Red (Incubate)

24 - Pink (Influence)

4 - Shallow Water (Splash)

8 - Magi (Teleport)

5 - Bolt (Stun)

1 - Aeon (Precognition)

(Summon)

2 - Thunder

7 - Magma

Edited by Daydreamer09

Finishing up and I accidentally bred a messy or two. Forgot the mate I was actually looking for. =_=

Surprisingly good results, especially for reds!

I'm not done, but I am quitting for the night.

Magi -11

Red - 1

Magma - 3

Shallow Water - 1

Bolt - 6

Aeon - 3

I have more Magi to breed, but they are slow because most of them don't have established mates and I have to find something that works.

Have not bred my Reds yet, either.

Finally actually done! Bred somewhere around 220 dragons? I did send some non-BSAs over there, but I had really good success sending plenty of BSAs to the AP, especially reds and pinks!

Finished breeding my Reds this morning. Got more of the mates' breeds when not breeding to another Red or a holiday. I lost track of numbers, but I sent at least 18 more to the AP.

Sent 19 Pinks, some shinies and 1 Red with a Pink parent to the AP.

edit: make that 30 more Reds, 3 Magis

Edited by Ruby Eyes

If you are ever mass breeding luminas I would like to know so I can contribute.

Will do, thomasgold!

~

Seeing some celestials and a purple hit the AP. o3o My own eggs won't be hitting the AP until much later but nice to see some stuff filtering though!

Good luck, kjym16. It does look like we had some success sending some aeons to the AP. =)

I've really enjoyed the AP today (Purples!) and seeing all the lovely BSA lineages was fun. This has been a really good idea and I can't wait to see the theme for the next one. And seeing the AP under 5 days warms the cockles of my heart wink.giftongue.gif

Edited by Wiz

Ooh, mass breeding really does help. Incuhatchable eggs everywhere <3

Anyway, let me know if there is ever an event where Mints could be relevant.

Starting to see some of my first batch of breeding filter through the AP now. If you haven't picked up what you're looking for yet, there's still a chance. =)

It's awesome that we've kept so many BSA dragons filtering through the AP for so long!

What an enjoyable event. Many thanks to Sock and to all who bred their BSA dragons. I adopted several lovely Pinks to fill out my ranks. Managed to pick up one or two Reds that I had bred myself! :-)

Yes! Thank you for organizing this! I normally don't like massbreeds, but this is the kind I can, and did, get behind! biggrin.gif

I'd like to be signed up for event reminders please. I'd love to help out each month! smile.gif

What is next mass breed theme?

Unless nobody likes it, I like the idea of keeping the themes a surprise until I announce the event. ^^

Unless nobody likes it, I like the idea of keeping the themes a surprise until I announce the event. ^^

Or at least until about a week before? wink.gif

(so I won't breed the dragons I'd like to use before the event)

Or at least until about a week before? wink.gif

(so I won't breed the dragons I'd like to use before the event)

A week before is when I announce the event, so yeah. =p

I'm sure I am in the minority, but I would far rather know ahead of time what we are breeding and when, as in a several months in advance schedule of dates & what the theme will be - especially dates smile.gif Yes, I really am that scarily organised, even for something that is a fun game.

However, I fully appreciate Sock's preference for keeping things a secret until the event and not knowing won't stop me from participating.

So I was going to announce an event for this week, but then I realized that having no concept of days of the week right now kinda messed me up, as an event now would mean Monday or Tuesday is the main breeding day. The end of the week/weekend is probably overall better, though, so I guess we're gonna be breeding a little later. D|

@Nikki_Of_The_Night - o: Yeah, I barely plan ahead to the next event; I am so not organized enough to plan out a whole year! Sorry. xP

I'm gonna toss out some random themes/event ideas that you are free to use or not use because this is going to be my final brainstorm before I hang up head up for the night and go pack some "office supplies for my new desk" (zomg love office supplies!!!!)

And then later this week or next, after I get settled in, I'm gonna find out some things I'm "missing" and go buy some new purdy office supplies. I'm just gonna be responsible and not go crazy like I used to!

Some Ideas/Brainstorming you are welcome to do with as you please:

Friendship, Thank you, Warm Wishes, & Happy Day Breeding Event: Breed dragons that are nice lineages and/or useful dragons to the AP for a specific goal in mind: When these dragons hit the AP and people grab them they may want to keep them, but they are also nice enough that they would consider "gifting" them to others (be it randomly or specific). And when it comes time to hatch them, you give them away to others with nice notes of thanks and best wishes, or to those in need, and/or you can keep some and then maybe name them after people, pets, causes, uplifting thoughts, etc. anything that means something special to you.

So it would be a sorta two pronged event. Or so a few well known players don't get slammed with 50 hatchlings during a specific few days, perhaps the event could be focused on a specific week or time period, but people can keep doing it "beyond" the initial event. (Great Tie in with the Glomp Gifting Thread and/or Newbie Gifting/Wishlist, Happy Birthday Gifting threads).

Contagion vs Cure:

Continuing off the Halloween Event & ongoing Forum Games Event:

Divide a List of Dragons into two Categories: Contagion and Cure.

Have people breed dragons that fit the side they want to "win". At predetermined "dates" and "times" (which should be published as it would encourage strategy if you do teams, otherwise it doesn't matter), whichever egg type is "most" prevelant in the AP at that moment (decided via person running it screen shot) wins that round. After so many "rounds" the "winner" is decided. To keep it interesting, this is something that could run for a few weeks to get people to try and time their AP hits or grab eggs and dump to AP and such at certain times for a few weeks. If you like, you could even create teams of 4-10 people and have them "collect and grow" the dragons for the side they support (Cure or Contagion). You could have multiple teams under each heading. Eggs "caught and hatched and grown" that meet the dragons on their list during the process would earn that person points for keeping them on their scroll. Adults or frozen hatchlings by a certain time. Team with most points wins. Also, Vampires would always be "neutral" because this would encourage people to take the "other sides" dragons and "hatch" them to give them away to people not competing to clear them from the AP, hatch "their sides dragons" for their fellow team mates, have people help them gather their sides dragons, or also consider taking the opposite sides dragons and making them "vampires" or "zombie" attempts. All sorts of fun strategies.

Could also divide this up into like, Elementals for 4 Areas of dragons. Dragons don't have to necessarily fit their elemental, or could just create various areas and teams for whatever reason and divide up as like. Frankly this game is something that someone might fine fun to run as an ongoing thing. Also, Could partner with various collecting contests, Vampire Coven and/or other groups wanting Vampire Biting Days/Events, and/or some of the Forum Games like Contagion vs Cure which is what kinda inspired this.

This really is way more complicated but I just started typing and it all came out. I can move it over to the Player activity thread as a random idea someone can use to run with if they want if you would prefer Socks. I am going to bed now. Way too tired.

Contagion vs Cure:

Continuing off the Halloween Event & ongoing Forum Games Event:

Divide a List of Dragons into two Categories: Contagion and Cure.

(Snipped for space) but actually I'm really intrigued by this idea. I don't think it fits in this thread (so feel free to repost it over in your user activities thread!), but I'm ruminating on it, trying to spawn ideas.