Obscure_Trash

Sock's Mass Breeding Extravaganza

30 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

*looks at Sock's links* Mid-90s? Yesterday here it topped out at 105, right now it's 102, and it's supposed to get up to 108 by Friday. And it's unusually humid right now. And our car doesn't have air conditioning. Ugh.

My car has air conditioning, but I used the heating more often last month because I'd got cold or wet outside! :P In my part of the world, this July is amongst the ten wettest Julies ever since they started measuring back in 1881.

At least, that means that breeding Undines will be perfectly appropriate! Water behaves strangely around them, after all.

The user appreciation event is in exactly a week, so today's your last chance to breed your dragons and still be able to breed them for our event!

A user appreciation mass breed? What a cool idea. Count me in, as usual. :)

On 31.1.2017 at 4:04 AM, SockPuppet Strangler said:

[...]

even gens are preferred, stairs/spirals/arrows/e-lines/etc. are welcome

[...]

I feel like such an idiot to ask, but what is an e-line? :blush:

For everyone planning their Lunar Herald breeding, according to Millie_Azure's calendar the eggs will be blue for the whole user appreciation mass breed event.

3 hours ago, dustpuppy said:

I feel like such an i***t to ask, but what is an e-line? :blush:

For everyone planning their Lunar Herald breeding, according to Millie_Azure's calendar the eggs will be blue for the whole user appreciation mass breed event.

It's what I call these short, double-arrows. x3 They look like E's to me.

~

So. I was planning on hosting this and then posting here to make sure everybody saw, but I might as well do it now. I am quitting DC. This will be my last mass breed event. Quitting is not something I expected, so it is by happy accident that user appreciate gets to be my last event. Thank you all for breeding such beautiful lines with me and for being so kind in general. If anybody wants to start thinking about hosting something like this of your own, you would be quite welcome. You'd be welcome to copy'pasta any of my text if you wanted and, of course, use any ideas generated here. <3

Oh. I'm sorry to hear that! You've always been so helpful and kind. Well, these are qualities that you can spread just as well in the real world out there ^_^, but you'll be missed around here! Good luck with whatever you'll focus your considerable kindness, energy and creativity on!

The forum without SockPuppet Strangler? :( That will take some getting used to. You've had such a large positive impact. Thank you so much for everything you did!

I'll miss seeing you around Sock, but I totally understand. Thank you for being both a wonderful event host and awesome moderator all these years. :)

Gosh, this comes as quite the surprise.

I am sorry to hear you're quitting Sock. You really will  be missed. I don't know you well, but you've always been a positive presence and a name that's linked with DC - in a good way. I can totally understand that when something gets to the stage where the frustration outweighs the positiveness, then that's the time to quit and move on - especially when that 'something' is something you do for fun.

Good luck in the future and I hope you find something else into which you can put your energies; something that will be enjoyable and positive. Thank you for everything you've done on DC in general and in particular for hosting these mass breed events.

Take care, Sock. You really will be missed.

So sorry to hear you'll be going! Your mass breeds are one of my favorite things to do here on DC. Good luck with your future ventures, and I'm honored to participate in your last event! <3

Edited by oilbird

Sock, I'm sorry to hear that...

Although I didn't interact with you for many times, I'll miss you.

And I'm happy to join this event.

Good luck, Sock.

I'd like to host my mass breeding event later. But I wonder I can do it well..?

I wish you the best, Sock. You were always a positive and levelheaded moderator and the events you organized were a lot of fun. Good luck with wherever you go next!

Since Sock is gone (still processing that...) I'm going to close this thread since members have had a chance to respond (her Ask-A-Mod thread was closed without member acknowledgement and I didn't want that to happen here).

Farewell, Sock, you will be missed. :(