Obscure_Trash

Sock's Mass Breeding Extravaganza

I spy with my little eye ... some gorgeous even gens (mixed amongst a few messys) in the AP!

Ohh yes! I got up, clicked on an egg in the AP... and it was one of mine laugh.gif ! With the AP time so low, I know my second batch will still take hours to arrive, so chances are that there will be loads and loads of pretty even-gens from participants for hours to come xd.png . I'm already egglocked.

So far I got a Z-code Nocturne checker, an amazing Storm from angelicdragonpuppy and a Whiptail checker from Fly-by-Night. wub.gif Now I only have one more egg slot and there are still so many pretties!

If I could make a suggestion, could we have a Xeno-breeding day? Because I love love love Xenos, and would like to acquire some more of those pretties. Or we could breed all Leviathan-types: Deep seas, Shallow Waters, Xenowyrms, Two-finned Blunas and Water dragons.

Edited by Singalana

If I could make a suggestion, could we have a Xeno-breeding day? Because I love love love Xenos, and would like to acquire some more of those pretties. Or we could breed all Leviathan-types: Deep seas, Shallow Waters, Xenowyrms, Two-finned Blunas and Water dragons.

We discussed this since I suggested breed-type days in the OP, but there were some concerns that xenos aren't uber commons, so this might mess up their breeding.

I'm still debating breed-type days, but any breeds with few dragons would probably get clumped together to try and avoid messing up breeding ratios for less common dragons.

Am I allowed to suggest a Mass Breeding onlybwith BSA eggs? smile.gif

This would help everyone to get more BSA dragons.

These would be found in AP: Aeons, Pinks, Reds, Magis, Purples, Shallow Waters, Bolts, Soulpeaces, Vampires, Celestials, Greens

Ices, Magmas and Thunders are rare so I don't think it would be good to mass-breed them.

Am I allowed to suggest a Mass Breeding onlybwith BSA eggs? smile.gif

This would help everyone to get more BSA dragons.

These would be found in AP: Aeons, Pinks, Reds, Magis, Purples, Shallow Waters, Bolts, Soulpeaces, Vampires, Celestials, Greens

Ices, Magmas and Thunders are rare so I don't think it would be good to mass-breed them.

That was the first mass breed we did. :>

I'm certainly open to doing it again, but I'd like to kind of mix it up throughout the year to keep things interesting for breeders and in the AP. ^^

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

That was the first mass breed we did. :>

I'm certainly open to doing it again, but I'd like to kind of mix it up throughout the year to keep things interesting for breeders and in the AP. ^^

Oh, then I think I missed something, oops tongue.gif

What about a mass-breed with Drakes, Pygmies and Two-Headed Dragons only ohmy.gif

Oh, then I think I missed something, oops tongue.gif

What about a mass-breed with Drakes, Pygmies and Two-Headed Dragons only ohmy.gif

If you wanna sign up for a reminder, I'll PM you when we breed. ;3

I left my original list of ideas up in the second post! P2Ds were honestly like my first idea. =o So yeah, that one is gonna happen at some point as well!

~

Speaking of the reminders, Nikki_Of_The_Night I signed you up for event reminders. Singalana, I added you to the list and also signed you up for event reminders.

If your name should be on the list (third post) but isn't, please let me know!

I was going to sign up for the Easter one but I totally forgot and bred my dragons a bit late. It's fine though because right now the last egg I bred is at 4 days 12 hours so they will still keep the low time to AP. I really like this event because I got to breed dragons I never bred and found refusals so I know what to replace. Please sign me for all the events from now on (if there is a list like that) tongue.gif

Done. :> The list is in the 3rd post so everyone can double check if they're on it/see the organization.

Honestly, I bred really late for Easter, too. I bred some on the 18th before bed then finished up on the 19th. Mine still have quite a bit of time before they hit the AP, though, lol. That just means we'll keep the pretties rolling through consistently!

Could I sign up for all event reminders? Thanks so much!

Also, I very much like the idea of the "Color days" breeding event! Sounds fun smile.gif

Edited by oilbird

Speaking of the reminders, Nikki_Of_The_Night I signed you up for event reminders.

Thank you, Sock.

Can't wait to have a new theme! I need a reason to breed my dragons tongue.gif

Event Announcement

Pre-Mother's Day, Saturday the 13th: A Mother's Day weekend breed to show some appreciation to some oft-underappreciated breeds!

Let's get our breeding done the day before Mother's Day so if you celebrate Mother's Day, you can be with your mom on Sunday. If you don't celebrate, Sunday the 14th, along with Friday the 12th, will be our extra breeding days if you can't make it on Saturday. But what is the event, you ask? This weekend, we're showing appreciation to some of the lesser bred types. That's right! This is the two-headed, drake, and pygmy mass breed! Since not many people work on lines with these, you are also welcome to breed your hybrids! Second gens, even gens, stairs, spirals, arrowheads - all patterned/neat lineages are welcome!

If you really don't have any of these breeds to breed during the mass breed or feel like it wasn't enough of a mass breed for you, then go ahead and breed some of your favorite lineages to share with us in the AP.

EDIT: And a reminder that I'm now offering to send out PMs when I've announced the theme, as well as for breeding. If you'd like a PM of the theme when it's announced, just let me know!

Idea. How about a CB day/weekend? Everyone empties their scroll as much as possible and fills it with CB's they catch from the cave with the sole purpose of abandoning them after the five hours is up. Rinse and repeat.

This would have the result of moving the cave along and making the CBs low time and more desirable. With the added bonus of not being just one breed of dragon.

I know I'd hunt that AP.

Everyone empties their scroll as much as possible

What do these words mean tongue.gif

- No, seriously, that's a cool idea! smile.gif

Maybe we could do it one day before DC's birthday, when we have an additional reason to keep our egg slots open?

(Too bad we don't have actual announced releases anymore...)

I like Wiz's idea VERY much! :3 And the suggestion to make it happen 1 day before a possible event/new release. I'm usually perma-locked (have to catch up on one year of new releases xd.png) but on days like that everything's on stand by. :3

Idea. How about a CB day/weekend? Everyone empties their scroll as much as possible and fills it with CB's they catch from the cave with the sole purpose of abandoning them after the five hours is up. Rinse and repeat.

This would have the result of moving the cave along and making the CBs low time and more desirable. With the added bonus of not being just one breed of dragon.

I know I'd hunt that AP.

I had an idea that was super similar to this for a raffle. =o

But this isn't technically a breeding project, so I'm not sure about making it an event here. ^^;;

Reminder PMs for the P2D/Hybrid event will be sent out sometime today! =)

Reminders were a little late but were sent out. Breeding has officially begun!

Done! I bred all my dragons.

And also I want to suggest something - can we make a massbreed of Seasonals on the last day of each season so people would still have a little time to pick Springs up once Summers are here? smile.gif

Done, thanks for the reminder!

A lot of Pygmy checkers (especially pumpkin x myst <3) and some nice hybrids from me.

Looking forward to AP hunting--I've been having oodles of trouble finding some hybrids I need lately and I'd love to get some two headed checkers :3