Obscure_Trash

Sock's Mass Breeding Extravaganza

Why

There are three main goals here:

1. Send pretty things to the AP

2. Lower the time of the AP

3. Do this without upsetting those who don't enjoy hunting through single-breed mass breeds in the AP

But upsetting ALL da peeples is half the fun of mass breeding! xd.png

Please add me to the Yearly Subscription list.

Having said that:

Holly Contest (this year: olives; however, this would be a single breed, so I need other ideas on what to do for this idea) + User Appreciation (I ask some of the regular breeders what their favorite un/common dragon is and we mass breed those)

- I should point out that in addition to the Holly concest, there are several others that collect specific breeds. I think the Common Collectors are still going? And hte Cave Plumbers? Maybe include as many as you can would make it less breed specific.

For the rest:

- What events do you really like

Holiday kin mass breeding events can be a god send for people building lineages. Its really hard to find good checker mates, and I often find a lot from the Great Lineages thread (tracking down the breeder) or the Checker Database.

ALSO! Must do Ides of March. That's a really cool event!

- What events would you not want to see in the AP

Metal kin. When you mass breed that many metals..... you drive the breed even more rare. I really hate that, because it makes producing anything a royal pain.

- How soon after VDay would you like to see an event

Um. I'd say at least 1 month, maybe two. It typcially takes me that long to get all of the easily gotten mates, and at that point I start hunting down the harder mates.

- How often do you have the energy to participate in a mass breed

If its an event I'm interested in, I'll find the energy from somewhere. Having said that, unless there's a specific reason (event) I'll typically only mass breed once every few months.

- How much head's up do you need/want before an event

Um. Anything more than 24 hrs, and I just won't remember. Ideally, 12 hours is good before the start.

- Do you want to do more regularly scheduled events (example, the first weekend in a month or a little more vague and just say the beginning of the month) or would you prefer to mix it up a little (which gives us more flexibility, some events would be at the beginning of the month, some in the middle, maybe some at the end, but we wouldn't do two events that close together)?

Mix it up, please. But maybe give two heads-up: one a week out, one a day / half day out.

- How many days do you want to have for breeding? For holiday-kin breeding, I've been doing one main day and the day before and after are "unofficial" join days. If we're going to do regular, monthly events would you like more days for breeding or would you be more motivated if we stick with less days?

I like the idea of an "unofficial" day before / day after. The day before will drive the AP's time down, making it easier to hatch eggs. The day after, because well. If you have before, might as well spread to after!

Cheers!

C4.

Also about the Ides:

Maybe add a couple of others breeds that have links to celestial mechanics?

The Ides of March and Brutes is a play on Caesar's death on March 15th: so you could say that that is an event that happens every year and so based on how the planet orbits the sun.

Lunar Heralds: They breed with the moon phases, aka celestial mechanics.

Sunrise / Sunsets: they hatch out differently based on when they hatch, so again: where the planet is in its orbit. So again celestial mechanics.

Glories: they are differed based on when they are laid, so again celestial mechanics.

Nebulas: They gaze at the skies and then their colors come in. So.... If you squint a little, you could say that its celestial mechanics too?

Um. I know there are others out there, but they aren't coming to mind. You could toss Holidays in here, too.

Cheers!

C4.

Cave Plumbers are CB only - not a target for massbreedings, I suppose smile.gif

Do we have a date in mind for one of these?

If you give me a when and what, I'll do it. Especially if I can use my Daydreams/Electrics, I've always wanted to make a wall of them but don't have enough to do it myself.

Question. What about perfect inbreds? Sibling to sibling even gens. Is it something people would be interested in if they picked one up off the AP? Especially if the breeders profile indicates they are open to gifting siblings on request?

I breed some pretty inbreds myself and never mind picking them up! I do think if they fit into a theme, they are welcome. While I discourage messy breeding because it gets too many complaints, this thread is inbreeding-friendly. o3o

- I should point out that in addition to the Holly concest, there are several others that collect specific breeds. I think the Common Collectors are still going?

Just re-started this month, so excellent point!

New post so it's not lost in the quotes!

Coming in the next couple of days, the suspension will be over! Keep your eyes open because I will be announcing our first event soon!

And everyone who has asked to be added to the list has been added. :3

Another theme idea: Trio Infernale!

Intention: massbreed the dragons from the latest 3 regular releases to try to get their ratios to a point where they become usable in lineages with older breeds. Would on average involve about half a dozen breeds and could occur in Spring and in Autumn, or something the like smile.gif

Intention: massbreed the dragons from the latest 3 regular releases to try to get their ratios to a point where they become usable in lineages with older breeds. Would on average involve about half a dozen breeds and could occur in Spring and in Autumn, or something the like smile.gif

xd.png

Yes please!

I would even add the blasted frills to the first one, if they're not included. tongue.gif

I need so many freezies so various breeds massbreeding is welcome xd.png Also missing many Hybrid pairs, because I'm too lazy to wait for them to hatch ~

I also support Olive, Trios, Alts and those walls smile.gif Would like to join in and get a reminder when it will happen happy.gif

I'd really like to see Sunset/rise dragons on the list. I promised someone a tinsel from this line and it's been 8 sun eggs, 0 tinsel. blink.gif

I thought about this! It could get big depending on how far back we decide to go, since it takes forever for breeding to become anything resembling even. o: I am down for this, though.

I'd really like to see Sunset/rise dragons on the list.

Which list? =o

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I think the latest 3 releases per massbreeding event would get us at least a good starting point - we won't be able to fix everything, of course smile.gif

I'd really like to see Sunset/rise dragons on the list.

Which list? =o

The list of target breeds for the next Mass Breed. smile.gif

The list of target breeds for the next Mass Breed. smile.gif

I'm doing themed events, so it needs a theme to fit into.

Possibly a sun theme? Sunrise/set, sunstone, sunsong, yellow-crowned? Anything else that could fit? Maybe nocturnes?

I've got a lot of themes going, though, so this might not happen here. You could go prod people in the Who keeps breeding one egg? thread - might get some takers there!

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I'm doing themed events, so it needs a theme to fit into.

Possibly a sun theme? Sunrise/set, sunstone, sunsong, yellow-crowned? Anything else that could fit? Maybe nocturnes?

I've got a lot of themes going, though, so this might not happen here. You could go prod people in the Who keeps breeding one egg? thread - might get some takers there!

I was somewhat seconding the motion posted by

Also about the Ides:

Maybe add a couple of others breeds that have links to celestial mechanics?

The Ides of March and Brutes is a play on Caesar's death on March 15th: so you could say that that is an event that happens every year and so based on how the planet orbits the sun.

Lunar Heralds: They breed with the moon phases, aka celestial mechanics.

Sunrise / Sunsets: they hatch out differently based on when they hatch, so again: where the planet is in its orbit. So again celestial mechanics.

Glories: they are differed based on when they are laid, so again celestial mechanics.

Nebulas: They gaze at the skies and then their colors come in. So.... If you squint a little, you could say that its celestial mechanics too?

Um. I know there are others out there, but they aren't coming to mind. You could toss Holidays in here, too.

Cheers!

C4.

This sounds like a good idea to me, especially the sunrise/set dragons need to be bred. smile.gif And now that you mentioned them, sunsongs might work in that group too. Due to their ethereal and mysterious appearance.

Can I be added to the PM list please? =3

As far as themes go, we could do a color variation one, with stuff like nebulas, gemshards, and stripes that have different variants.

First Event Announcement: Wed March 15th

Things have finally calmed down from the holidays, but I think many users discovered in that time that they didn't have enough BSA dragons. So - yup, that's right - our first event is a BSA massbreed! This event will occur on Wed March 15th with the Tues before and Thurs after being your extra days if you need them. We are doing this event to coincide with the Ides of March, which has seen brute walls for the past few years. Let's help break up the brute walls with some BSA dragons!

BSA dragons include: reds, pinks, aeons, bolts, magis, purples, soulpeaces, pebbles, shallow waters, and trios (ice, magma, thunder).

Since these are technically BSAs, you're also encouraged to breed: celestials and aegis.

This is not breeding but it is a BSA, so feel free to do some biting to spread some vamps around!

(Let me know if I've missed any BSA breeds!)

I will send out PM reminders one day in advance of the main event (if I miss that, you will receive a reminder the day of).

Please sign me up for the yearly reminders, and I'll post info about the event as well to Player Activity Thread. And about this thread. And stuffs. May be a day or so. Yay for this thread!

I have a bunch ready to go for tomorrow. Can't wait! smile.gif (As in, LITERALLY can't wait, seeing as how I just accidentally bred a Red when I was purposely saving them for tomorrow. I have some kind of weird BSA mental block today. lol)

Edited by Terrafreaky