TJ09

2016-12-25 - Festive Expeditions

Thanks for the game! Twas fun. (Also, seconding ADP with being excited for art).

Edit: Was there ever meant to be more story--like 12 days' worth--or no?

Yeah! What Jazeki said. This is day six. unsure.gif

This has been an amazing game!

I have been very lucky and avoided any serious functional issues with the game, up until now, however.

Does anyone know if there is a notification of any sort when we have obtained all items available?

I've gone through both the sledding and kitty-wrangling games, and for a while I would receive two items, followed by a game-freeze. Then it was one item and freeze, and an occasional freeze directly following the "you won" phrase from the reward-giver. Now however, it freezes following every play of the games.

I have gone through every game but finding Patch so far, and every single one freezes just after the same "you won, here's your reward" message.

I'm assuming either this mysterious final item is glitched, or there is nothing left to reward and the game doesn't have a message for "oops, you've earned all available prizes"?

Either way, I've had a lot of fun. Gonna spend some time decorating. biggrin.gif

I've been noticing increased chances of freezing the longer I play a game. It seems to help to go play something else. I was getting horrible freezing in sledding after playing for a while, but when I went to play post office it worked well.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

You're telling me that kid messed with the very fabric of nature....because his feelings were hurt?

Likewise, I'm wondering if there's some way to know when you have all the items.

It's weird that Luna can only fly to the Ice Temple once a day. Or is it farther away than it looks?

Eben's kind of an idiot. He's worse at hiding than Bord, and thinks he can outrun a mage.

Speaking of which, Avery's obviously been studying magic since last year, but what the heck does Snowa do when he's not running around fixing Christmas?

Edited by Moondragon007

It's weird that Luna can only fly to the Ice Temple once a day. Or is it farther away than it looks?

Well, she also helps Ansel deliver the mail-- can't let someone's parcel be late. :D

But yes, the ice temple is pretty far away from Nulhora.

WHOOHOO!! I reached the end! Awwww I love it. Ezer is someone I can completely sympathize with, although I would never go so far as to mess with sacred temples. I'm glad that he will have friends now.

I know there are days left, but since this is the end of the story, my opinions:

I've grown sort of fond of this game. I *HATE* RPG games in general, and really didn't care for last year's game at all.... But I think last year's quests were harder then this year's. At least they were for me. This year was more relaxed, and I'm able to complete things easier, which makes me feel a lot better about playing it in general.

I've gone through both the sledding and kitty-wrangling games, and for a while I would receive two items, followed by a game-freeze. Then it was one item and freeze, and an occasional freeze directly following the "you won" phrase from the reward-giver. Now however, it freezes following every play of the games.

I have gone through every game but finding Patch so far, and every single one freezes just after the same "you won, here's your reward" message.

I'm in the same boat as you are. As of today, the game suddenly started freezing up for me occasionally whenever I was receiving gifts, but ever since midnight DC time (i.e. almost an hour ago), it freezes nearly everytime I receive a gift. Sometimes it freezes right before the person is about to gift me, sometimes in the middle of it, and sometimes after receiving the third (and final) gift from that person. In addition to this, the gifts given disappear if I refresh after the freeze. For example, I just got gifted a Miscellaneous Wreath before the game froze, but after refreshing and then entering my house, I saw that it wasn't in my inventory. Quite disappointing. sad.gif

Edited by Duysterwald

should've called him eben and "edgar" instead of eben and "ezer" :y

Eben and Ezer... what a Scrooge! Ba-humbug! xd.pngxd.pngxd.pngxd.png

I'd like to know this, too.

Edit - Process said on the IRC we shouldn't be able to get repeats.

Process may have said that we shouldn't be able to get repeats, but that that doesn't mean that we don't get them. I've gotten the item Pink at least 3 times now (its that big pink canopy bed), and I know from number checking that I have received at least 7 other items that I have already received before at some point. I hate glitches. mad.gif

I get annoyed at that because I think he doesn't want to be seen with me tongue.gif haha.

If you press shift, you should run faster.

-flails- OMG! Why did I not know this!? *dances* THANK YOU!!!

-flails- OMG! Why did I not know this!? *dances* THANK YOU!!!

You can also use the space bar for running faster, that's what I do. I find it a little bit more comfortable than using Shift, but maybe my being left-handed has something to do with that. wink.gif

This has been an amazing game!

I have been very lucky and avoided any serious functional issues with the game, up until now, however.

Does anyone know if there is a notification of any sort when we have obtained all items available?

I'm assuming either this mysterious final item is glitched, or there is nothing left to reward and the game doesn't have a message for "oops, you've earned all available prizes"?

Either way, I've had a lot of fun. Gonna spend some time decorating. biggrin.gif

i've had the same problem today. finding patch got me no rewards, just froze. same with sledding. i think i got one thing for finding bord. keeps freezing. i did make it through day 6 in the end, after numerous attempts when i kept getting a black screen. now today's won't load. tried all the usual things.

apart from that, i've been loving the game smile.gif and the artwork is wonderful. i love the chapter headings.

thanks for the cat toggling advice. i now have cats in my cat baskets, and cats in my windows. poptartFINALTINY.gif

Reno/Ronan, unless your cats are Sphinx cats, they really don't need sweaters, just a warm house to live in. Why do you think they keep squirming out of them?

Jade, if you kept your dog on a leash, you wouldn't lose him so often.

And Maze Girl, there's a great invention for glasses - you just slip the earpieces through the little loops, put the cord around your neck, and you won't lose your glasses any more!

Edited by Moondragon007

So how old is Ezer? He seems pretty young.

For that matter, how old is Mr. Handsome--err, I mean Avery? It was good to see more of him this year, he was so mysterious last time xd.png

Also wonder if these guys were made for the event or live interesting lives outside Nulhora...

You're telling me that kid messed with the very fabric of nature....because his feelings were hurt?

Likewise, I'm wondering if there's some way to know when you have all the items.

He also did it to teach the Alhirans to stop complaining about how "cold" 70 degrees is.

Well, looks like I'm going to be sledding the rest of the night to farm items.

And like one other member asked, was it not planned that there would be 12 days of events, not just 6? Or does the first half of the event (Holiday dragons being available) count as the first 6? It seems that I was under the wrong impression.

So how old is Ezer? He seems pretty young.

For that matter, how old is Mr. Handsome--err, I mean Avery? It was good to see more of him this year, he was so mysterious last time xd.png

Also wonder if these guys were made for the event or live interesting lives outside Nulhora...

'Mr.Handsome' is a very correct name for him. xd.png He fits into almost every single one of my liked character traits, it's amazing.

(*am kind of in shock that there will be no more story quests with him this year*)

I definitely hope that we'll see more of him next year, whatever kind the event is!

----

+edit: I'm headcanoning Ezer in is mid-teens and Avery in his early-to-mid twenties, though I'm also fine with late teens, like 19 or so.

Edited by SkyWolf25

Well, looks like I'm going to be sledding the rest of the night to farm items.

Be careful with sledding... I've gotten stuck in there where it'll freeze when he starts to give me the items, so I refresh, and I have to sled again, and then it freezes again, and so on for quite a while. Stop when it first starts freezing for any minigame that takes you to a new screen, or you might have to play for quite a while before you're released. (at least not without pressing the "out of bounds" link)

It's getting to the point where sledding, cat catching, and postal delivery is all freezing consistently before giving me items for me. I haven't gone to any of the ones in Alhira, since I like to be able to run back quickly and look in my house if I get a good item, but I'll be going there next since everything here is freezing on me.

Edit: Bord just froze when I found him. He's been unstable before, but I don't want to risk getting permanently caught in the maze or the dog catching.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

Be careful with sledding... I've gotten stuck in there where it'll freeze when he starts to give me the items, so I refresh, and I have to sled again, and then it freezes again, and so on for quite a while. Stop when it first starts freezing for any minigame that takes you to a new screen, or you might have to play for quite a while before you're released. (at least not without pressing the "out of bounds" link)

When this happens, just make sure you lose the sledding game rather than win it. That way Abe won't give you anything, instead giving you his usual "Hah, I'm better than you!" speech, after which you will be transported back outside the sledding game. That's what I did the first time I found myself stuck in the sledding game, and it worked. smile.gif

Be careful with sledding... I've gotten stuck in there where it'll freeze when he starts to give me the items, so I refresh, and I have to sled again, and then it freezes again, and so on for quite a while.

Thankfully I haven't had any issues with game freezing yet, which is hilarious because my computer (read: laptop) is displaying things through an integrated graphics setup.

Maybe it's the hardware you're using? At that point there's not much I can tell you to do other than to try another computer or another browser. Or just pray that your computer doesn't freeze like water in winter...heh.

It worked great for a while. Just sledding over and over with payout every time. It took a good bit of playing for the freezing to get bad. And now everything is freezing on payout. The way it's behaving really makes me think the problem is with the game, not my computer.

And ok, sledding had a out that I didn't think of. And come to think of it, don't the other two (maze and dog catching) exit the game before the payout? So you won't get trapped in those either.