TJ09

2016-12-25 - Festive Expeditions

I have no luck finding post office either, just a pie maker.

I never saw any story, talked to three, one a dragon but all they said was have fun

Edited by shoshee

So, I no longer have the white wardrobe thing... It's not in my house OR my inventory anymore... Where am I supposed to put all my clothes now? Lol

I have no luck finding post office either, just a pie maker.

I never saw any story, talked to three, one a dragon but all they said was have fun

The post office is right by your house. You just cross the fountain (go west, but not to the next map) and enter the building that has a sign with an envelope hanging on it by the door.

The story quests change each day. The first day, PERL came to greet you and just asked you to help out at the post office, IIRC. That prompted us to do minigames. The second day, PERL approaches you and asks you to deliver firewood to Alhira.

The third day, AVERY asks you to go to the ice tempt with him (since we went there last year).

The fourth day, no one will approach you - IIRC - but AVERY will have an exclamation mark over his head and ask you to look around Alhira, where you will run into Neto, a Thalassian, who will give you to help find his sister.

The fifth day (today), you and AVERY go re-visit some old places to try and bring balance back to Nulhora and Alhira.

Have you done any of those? You cannot start a new story quest until you finish the one that comes before it. To prompt a new story quest (all the way up to the last released day), you need to enter, then exit your house.

Finally, map post, if you want hints/spoilers and a map.

user posted image
Chapter 6 is available starting TODAY. (Wew.)
With one artifact recovered, you're well on your way to setting the weather back to normal. But there's still a little bit left to do before it's all said and done...

To those of you experiencing issues starting the next chapter: Please clear your cache and hard refresh your game before exiting your house. Your browser is probably running an old version of the game, pre-Chapter 6 update. Avery should approach you for the beginning of this chapter. Good luck!

With one artifact recovered, you're well on your way to setting the weather back to normal. But there's still a little bit left to do before it's all said and done . . .

To those of you experiencing issues starting the next chapter: Please clear your cache and hard refresh your game before exiting your house. Your browser is probably running an old version of the game, pre-Chapter 6 update. Avery should approach you for the beginning of this chapter. Good luck!

Well I've recovered the two artifacts. Have yet to place the second one back in the temple. . . .

Does that mean i caught up to the story?

Well I've recovered the two artifacts. Have yet to place the second one back in the temple. . . .

Yep! I just wait a few hours into the day to post the picture/announcement for the new chapter.

Yes. You can check this by looking for the green checkmark on the book icon in the upper right of your game screen (you may need to refresh the screen once after a task for the mark to appear). :3

Ah that made my day.

Thanks to everyone who helped me in the past few minutes. biggrin.gif

I hope it's alright if I ask here.

Is there anyone who has gotten big bookshelf in another wood colour than "Dark Blue Bookshelf"?

I need plenty of bookshelves for my private library, but the light wood of "Dark Blue" stands out a lot compared to the rest of my furniture.

I would love it if there happens to be a little pot-bellied stove as well. tongue.gif

I have adults! Woot! I love the new Christmas sprite, he's so sparkly! And I'm all caught up with the game! I love puzzles in games. biggrin.gif

Nice smirk on the new Holiday dragon's face.. wink.gif

I think it is a rock but it sure does look like alt black sleeping.. Like the one from yesterday's quest... ninja.gif

user posted image

user posted image

With one artifact recovered, you're well on your way to setting the weather back to normal. But there's still a little bit left to do before it's all said and done...

birdz - THANK you for making these daily announcements - it is REALLY helpful wub.gif

Hey wait - I have TWO Averys with me. Is that - OK - or...

I've just played the game with the music on for the first time - I'd forgotten how wonderful it was and the one playing during the sliding sounds pretty familiar laugh.gif

The event has been great so far!

Hmmm, after a previously fairly glitch-free experience, the gift-giving at the end of each side-quest keeps spazzing out and forcing me to refresh. No idea why, nothing's changed my end. Thankfully, the main quest seems to be behaving.

(bluesonic1 @ Dec 29 2016, 06:22 AM)

Re-posting because usefulness. (Day 5 is up on the wiki now)

>> Specific Game Guide & FAQ (for map links or general questions)

>> General Guide to Game (dialogue transcripts, think you missed reward(s) or want images from the game)

Obviously, spoiler warning for both links!

Each day has 6 repeatable quests- they can be considered "side quests" as the quest that matters is the main storyline, marked by a book icon in the top left of your screen. The repeatable quests do NOT need to be completed- they can be completed each day to give you new items to decorate your house with (quest rewards).

p.s. Spriters/Contributors- LOVED today's story ending!! Can't wait for tomorrow biggrin.gif

bloop for usefulness o3o 

Omigosh this whole time i thought that the book icon was like some other side quest for items xd.png I'm such a silly bloop laugh.gif

Edited by Snowy

user posted image

The original cutie returns!

After Avery says hey let's go back to the ice temple with Luna where does he run off to? I was expecting him to be waiting right near our house but I can't find him. Maybe I'm blind ATM

Nvm found him!

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

The original cutie returns!

After Avery says hey let's go back to the ice temple with Luna where does he run off to? I was expecting him to be waiting right near our house but I can't find him. Maybe I'm blind ATM ;;

If you mean after you've been to the water temple, then that's it for today. You'll probably return to the ice temple on another day.

AHHH there's a RUN BUTTON?! This just made my life so so much easier and the game so much more enjoyable biggrin.gif

Thank you staff! I know last year it was mentioned that running was hard to program so I really extra appreciate that it was added this year.

@Chococat: I was derping and didn't notice him after he shows up at our house at day start and says let's go. I was half asleep and he blended in with the snow beneath the fountain to my poor eyes xd.png

Not an issue but an interesting bug. I call it the Tale of Two Avery's.

In both temples you will see the Avery from your last visit and the one from your current one simultaneously.

The one from the previous Ice Temple visit even follows you like he did before. It doesn't affect gameplay, but makes for some funny screenshots. Just thought I'd share the truth about Avery's evil time displaced twin.

GREAT ! It isn't just me has two of him (only in the water temple though.) ! I thought I was going nuts. Or that there was indeed an evil twin and I was about to be sabotaged !

edit: Never mind! I was looking for a human, forgot the dragons have names too...

Edited by SquidMage