TJ09

2016-12-25 - Festive Expeditions

I'm looking for Janus now (don't know where they are to get the mail) but I'm on mobile and the game is much more harder to move about cause it kind of lags

I'm looking for Janus now (don't know where they are to get the mail) but I'm on mobile and the game is much more harder to move about cause it kind of lags

janus is the holly dragon

I love everything! I love the new game, I'm happy that the event started after Christmas (because it was everything so busy last year, this way is more relaxed), I always saw Dragon Cave as only scrolls with dragons, since the game last year I can see as a complete world with lots of incredible things, I love that. I had no problems with last year game and I'm having no problems with the game this year (I just wish I have found a catbed, that didn't happen yet).

Congratulations to everybody who had such hard work to produce a great game and to all spriters, including the new dragon which is beautiful! biggrin.gif

Anyone else freezing when they try to place the ice piece on the pedastel? sad.gif

It's COLD, ADP laugh.gif

No, it just took a minute to register.

Sorry if this was answered already but what program was used to make the RPG?

user posted image

Chapter 6 is available starting TODAY. (Wew.)

With one artifact recovered, you're well on your way to setting the weather back to normal. But there's still a little bit left to do before it's all said and done...

To those of you experiencing issues starting the next chapter: Please clear your cache and hard refresh your game before exiting your house. Your browser is probably running an old version of the game, pre-Chapter 6 update. Avery should approach you for the beginning of this chapter. Good luck!

Can we just....take a minute to appreciate the art in this? I mean, I know I complain about the glitches and occasionally broken mechanics, but one thing I can't complain about is the art. It's always so good.

Anyway, back on track; seems Bord is still a bit glitchy, because when I found him today, he gave me one item and then the game crashed. Clearing the cache didn't change anything, because it logged me back in after I found him, so I have no idea what or even if he gave me two more items afterwards tongue.gif

Also, is the maze randomly generated? The first two days I got the same maze, then the second two days the same but different maze, then another one yesterday and today it's the first maze again.

Edited by CharonDusk

It's COLD, ADP laugh.gif

No, it just took a minute to register.

Mine froze and it's been nearly a minute and nothing's happened...

Sorry if this was answered already but what program was used to make the RPG?

Could be Game Maker, since that's a 2D Engine. But there are more 2D game engines out there. He also could have build it totally from scratch, although using a game engine would/could save a lot of time smile.gif Still a lot of programming left to do, but at least the graphics engine would be done for you. #Timesaver

But I don't know. TJ has the answer to that smile.gif

Edited by Sheriziya

"I would wonder what is beyond this door, but I think we both already know,"

Yeah, more heavy lifting for poor SHERI, you lazy mage.

Actually, now that I think about it, either this apparently-stone pillars are super light, enchanted or the MC has a super-strength buff.

Edited by CharonDusk

Can we just....take a minute to appreciate the art in this? I mean, I know I complain about the glitches and occasionally broken mechanics, but one thing I can't complain about is the art. It's always so good.

Anyway, back on track; seems Bord is still a bit glitchy, because when I found him today, he gave me one item and then the game crashed. Clearing the cache didn't change anything, because it logged me back in after I found him, so I have no idea what or even if he gave me two more items afterwards tongue.gif

Also, is the maze randomly generated? The first two days I got the same maze, then the second two days the same but different maze, then another one yesterday and today it's the first maze again.

The art is indeed magnificent, and kudos to all involved.

And yes, I have had varied mazes - today was back to green centres; yesterday and the day before the centre was earth-coloured....

Bord was fine for me today - but I only got one item after cat-herding; got a brief freeze; f5d and it was fine again - but I didn't get any more. I've bee lucky - very very few glitches at all.

Uuuuh, is it just me, or does Galys seem to have too many packages (I'm really hoping this isn't some glitch here!) I've been sending packages to her for THREE DAYS!! Seriously?! I remember on my failed attempts in the first few days that there was a package for Bill and a package for Holly (so nice to give her presents!). Ever since it has been Galys...

Could be Game Maker, since that's a 2D Engine. But there are more 2D game engines out there. He also could have build it totally from scratch, although using a game engine would/could save a lot of time :) Still a lot of programming left to do, but at least the graphics engine would be done for you. #Timesaver

But I don't know. TJ has the answer to that :)

Looking at the code, he seems to call a module called Phaser, so I'm guessing he uses Phaser as the framework

Looking at the code, he seems to call a module called Phaser, so I'm guessing he uses Phaser as the framework

I hadn't looked at the code yet smile.gif Phaser seems like a good option indeed!

I can't find Bord today, he doesn't ever leave his screen right?

Right. Have you checked the Bord thread in site discussion to see where he has been known to hide? Although I swear one day that I looked at all of them and had to go back and check the pillar a second time to find him (but it is possible I had the wrong pillar the first time, too.)

I agree that the art for this event is amazing. And the daily chapter introductions that birdz does are beyond beautiful!

I had one maze that seemed to have walls I couldn't see, although I could get through by moving a step to the left or right. I'm glad the mazes change so I have a new challenge.

Thank you, TJ and Spriters...

I collected my Christmas Dragons quickly, but I am giving up on the event portion... I can't even find Hilde's house, but it may have something to so with the slowness of my laptop... It didn't seem so hard last year...

I hope every one had a good Christmas and wish you all a fantastic New Year...

Husky

Uuuuh, is it just me, or does Galys seem to have too many packages (I'm really hoping this isn't some glitch here!)  I've been sending packages to her for THREE DAYS!!  Seriously?!  I remember on my failed attempts in the first few days that there was a package for Bill and a package for Holly (so nice to give her presents!).  Ever since it has been Galys...

I've not had to deliver to her at all, only to Janus (4 times - saves a lot of walking !) Bill and Perl.

But Bord certainly DOES get off his own screen....

And I met a few obstacles in the maze - seemed to be lumps of grass or something ? Easily sidestepped.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Where's Bill at?

This map might help you. The houses are labeled.

Huge thanks to LaHaine for posting that map and all the other spoilers. I would have given up on the game long ago without them!!!

Edited by purplehaze

It's cool Avery, just stand there looking beautiful while I push around giant stone pillars rolleyes.gif

It's cool Avery, just stand there looking beautiful while I push around giant stone pillars rolleyes.gif

But he does beautiful so well! laugh.gif

And I guess it takes all his strength to generate the magic to open all those doors.

Edited by purplehaze