TJ09

2016-12-25 - Festive Expeditions

Nana and Zeto are the first canonical example of mana-mutated humans, correct? This was discussed a lot in TJ's DC lore AMA thread. Essentially, contact with the different mana types causes a variety of physical mutations to occur in humans. Nana and Zeto are obviously the result of water mana, based on their appearance (scales and gills/fins) and their stated affinity towards water magic. Thalassa is also the Greek word for sea. I think it's really interesting that we're finally getting some more background on this, and I'd love to see more in future events.

Whoa...that is both cool, but also kind of scary (and saddening too because they are now limited and have to wear special clothes).

But that Alt. Black dragon is very suspicious, but I liked today's quest. It makes me think of Mystery Dungeon for Pokemon. The mini games are kind of boring, so I won't be doing any more of those...but I must ask.

Are these dragons actually talking in human tongue, or is it really them communicating telepathically as the descriptions say?

Are these dragons actually talking in human tongue, or is it really them communicating telepathically as the descriptions say?

According to second paragraph of general dragon description, They communicate with telepathy with other creatures.

Anybody name their Snow Dragons yet? I'm going song titles with "Texas" in them for these guys. Bit of a joke because it rarely snows here in West Texas.

For my two I went with "Texas in My Soul" and "Texas Lives In Me".

Anybody name their Snow Dragons yet? I'm going song titles with "Texas" in them for these guys. Bit of a joke because it rarely snows here in West Texas.

I've just named my pair, their names based on a pair of immortal horses from Greek mythology: Arion and Xanthos. Love the nams for yours though, very creative smile.gif

Is there any thread where you can see others house decorations? Or anything like that?

I don't think so, but you can always make one!

Is there somewhere with hints for the quests? The hide and seek with BORD is killing me. Is he hiding on the same map page, or just somewhere in the city?

Is there somewhere with hints for the quests? The hide and seek with BORD is killing me. Is he hiding on the same map page, or just somewhere in the city?

Always near where he starts at on the same map page.

Where did you find Bord? (with screenshots): https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=177178

Look for leetle animations! Parts of his body stick out from wherever he hides.

The new dargons are beautiful! Thanks, EscapistLore and Infinis!

Also, I love how the game is made. Loved it last year, too. All these small details. Somehow, it gives a very warm feeling. Thanks a lot, guys. smile.gif

user posted image
Chapter 5 is available starting TODAY. Huh? No, I'm totally not late...
Avery finally has some leads, and with your newfound knowledge from Zeto and Nana, perhaps the two of you could work together to help get to the bottom of this strange weather!
(And of course, with the help of some magic.)

To those of you experiencing issues starting the next chapter: Please clear your cache and hard refresh your game before exiting your house. Your browser is probably running an old version of the game, pre-Chapter 5 update. Avery should approach you for the beginning of this chapter. Good luck!

I named mine inspired by TJ's codes:

Flurrish Flake

Flakish Flurry

And what a wonderful adults we have! already thinking about breeding plans for next year. Not sure yet smile.gif

I was quite lucky this year with the catch of loads of older Christmas dragons, several of them have very nice lineages which I'll try to continue.

Thank you,TJ, EscapistLore and Infinis for the Snow dragons. I love them! And thank you event spriters and concept designers for a wonderful event! I'm thoroughly enjoying it smile.gif

In the second pillar room, I can't get Avery to say anything but "More pillars, huh?". It MIGHT have come from me moving the pillars in to place before I ever talked to him. But I refreshed it and the pillars were no longer in place, I talked to him, and then moved them. And he's still stuck.

Edit: I ended up hitting the out of bounds link. Hopefully he works correctly this time.

did you have the pillars in the correct spot?

if you have sound on it will play a correct noise for right placement

Yea, I just realized there were different designs. I deleted my post, but it looks like I was too late for it to go unnoticed. xP

And I never have sound on. I don't like stuff making noise at me. x3

Edited by Pokemonfan13

In the second pillar room, I can't get Avery to say anything but "More pillars, huh?". It MIGHT have come from me moving the pillars in to place before I ever talked to him. But I refreshed it and the pillars were no longer in place, I talked to him, and then moved them. And he's still stuck.

Edit: I ended up hitting the out of bounds link. Hopefully he works correctly this time.

Spoilers

most -> least obvious, so just highlight one at a time if you don't want it given away wink.gif

1. The pillars have to go in certain places.

2. Look at the top of the pillars

3. The pillar has to go closest to its matching one in the water

user posted image

Chapter 5 is available starting TODAY. Huh? No, I'm totally not late...

Avery finally has some leads, and with your newfound knowledge from Zeto and Nana, perhaps the two of you could work together to help get to the bottom of this strange weather!

(And of course, with the help of some magic.)

To those of you experiencing issues starting the next chapter: Please clear your cache and hard refresh your game before exiting your house. Your browser is probably running an old version of the game, pre-Chapter 5 update. Avery should approach you for the beginning of this chapter. Good luck!

I love that we got confirmation that Avery is a mage! I was waiting for it after someone somewhere made a comment about mages having mage robes. o3o

I named mine "Flurry Furry" and "Christmas Cryptid", the second one on account of him having an SCP code, the first because I'm an awful person. xd.png

I love that we got confirmation that Avery is a mage! I was waiting for it after someone somewhere made a comment about mages having mage robes. o3o

I believe that'd be the Guardian dragon in Alhira, Ranko! :3

Can someone tell me where Galys is? I went North then West, but can't find her.

Go north. Right before you hit the sledding challenge, you meet GENA. Go to the house right west of GENA on that same map. GALYS is in there. ^^

Yup, yup; that's it. :3

Wait, where is Ranko? I thought I'd spoken to every dragon in the map.. :0

I'm so lost. I can't find the Jungle. I found it the other day, but don't remember. I outside the maze. Where do I go from here?

Wait, where is Ranko? I thought I'd spoken to every dragon in the map.. :0

When you teleport to Alhira, go slightly west, towards the gem/crystal/coral fountain, then head south, past all the toys for sale, to the next map. In that next map, go slightly east. There's a circle of benches around a tree, with a person on the far bench. Ranko is right there by the benches. ^^