TJ09

2016-12-25 - Festive Expeditions

Hope the neglected dragon folks are watching.

This one certainly is, but alas is locked. :s

On the upside, I managed to trade in a higher-timed Snow hatchie for one with lower time, thanks to the Wall of Snow. smile.gif

Edited by Amazon_warrior

Hey, the snow dragons are pretty! I hope we can get some background info on them.

I was expecting something a little different for these dragons. I don't dislike them, but not a huge fan either. They look a little bit too cartoonish for my taste, particularly their faces. I appreciate the hard work put into the dragon's creation though, this is just a matter of personal preference.

That wall... Looks like I was far from the only one dropping and recatching. xd.png I hope people who missed the event can benefit from it. But hopefully it isn't too many eggs, we might end up with a lot of them dying.

And the new dragon is lovely!! I'm so happy it turned out to be a drake after all, is this our first holiday drake? It looks caribou-based to me, with that hanging fur on the neck and the similar antler shape. I do wish the stripes were thicker, they're hardly visible in lineage view, but I'm still excited to see how they pair. I'm excited for the extra information!

Edit: Wow, goodbye holiday wall. I don't think I've ever seen eggs this low-time in the AP.

Edited by cbussiere

Hopefully next Christmas the new release won't be silver/white. The Mistletoe is still one of my favorites based on color alone.

Hey, the snow dragons are pretty! I hope we can get some background info on them.

There should be a lot of information added to the encyclopedia for them. smile.gif

The AP wall of new eggs is gone, was immediately followed by a wall of extremely ER regular eggs.

If you are not letting one of the fansites run in the background right now, they need your help! They are flooded with ER eggs! It takes less views for very low-time eggs like that, but they still need quite a few and they don't have much time to get them.

HooooooO boiii they are so gorgeous, good job Infinis thumbs_up.png

e: just give us his name, infinis please pop up and give his name asap.

Edited by aisudesu

Oh My GOSH THAT NEW HOLIDAY DRAGON <3 <3 <3 This type of regal pose is always my favorite, and the colors are gorgeous.

I love it so much. Is there any unofficial name for these guys?

I'm stuck at the Ice palace with Avery.

I've gotten past the ice path, but when I get to the part with the statues and the big spell circle on the ground, nothing happens. I can't talk to Avery and even resetting the day doesn't help.

What do I do?

--

Edit: OH!!! The new adults are lovely!!

What are their names??

Edited by Shokomon

Oh My GOSH THAT NEW HOLIDAY DRAGON <3 <3 <3 This type of regal pose is always my favorite, and the colors are gorgeous.

I love it so much. Is there any unofficial name for these guys?

Not sure about the unofficial name, but the official name is snow dragons. smile.gif

This has been a very productive holiday for me. I added 11 frozen S1 Wrapping Wings to my growing collection <3 I named them all quickly too happy.gif

Edited by Wahya

HooooooO boiii they are so gorgeous, good job Infinis thumbs_up.png

e: just give us his name, infinis please pop up and give his name asap.

They are Snow dragons. smile.gif

Not sure about the unofficial name, but the official name is snow dragons. smile.gif

Ah thank you! I wish they would sort/display using these names, that's why I've always considered them "unofficial" since the display page just shows them as Holiday (2016). Which sucks! Not all holiday dragons are the same lmao

Re-posting because usefulness. (Day 4 is up on the wiki now)

>> Specific Game Guide & FAQ (for map links or general questions)

>> General Guide to Game (dialogue transcripts, think you missed reward(s) or want images from the game)

Obviously, spoiler warning for both links!

Each day has 6 repeatable quests- they can be considered "side quests" as the quest that matters is the main storyline, marked by a book icon in the top left of your screen. The repeatable quests do NOT need to be completed- they can be completed each day to give you new items to decorate your house with (quest rewards).

Yoinking because useful.

Let's see if clearing my cache will get Avery to follow and talk to me.

I'm stuck at the Ice palace with Avery.

I've gotten past the ice path, but when I get to the part with the statues and the big spell circle on the ground, nothing happens. I can't talk to Avery and even resetting the day doesn't help.

What do I do?

--

Edit: OH!!! The new adults are lovely!!

What are their names??

Try clearing your cache smile.gif

If you happen to get stuck in the ice temple with Avery kind of just teleporting between rooms, go onto the ice skating puzzle again and slide around before going back to the end of it. When I did this Avery suddenly stopped glitching and followed, and then the plot proceeded like normal. Avery is supposed to watch you complete the puzzle and then copy you. If this doesn't happen the game is glitching.

This is really frustrating. I have restarted and reloaded the game so many times it's ridiculous. I even rebooted my computer. And I still can't get Avery to say word 1 to me about today's quest. Why is the game so buggy this year? I'm starting to feel like I'm doing chores instead of playing a game. sad.gif

Oh my, what glorious dragons the Holiday 2016 have turned out to be! They almost seem to be smirking, with a smartly turned head wub.gif

This is really frustrating. I have restarted and reloaded the game so many times it's ridiculous. I even rebooted my computer. And I still can't get Avery to say word 1 to me about today's quest. Why is the game so buggy this year? I'm starting to feel like I'm doing chores instead of playing a game. sad.gif

i had the same problem, y refresh before exit my house!

I'm having issues... My house won't save my extra item arrangements, and the story quest won't check for me. To top that off, I remember doing some of the other quests other days prior, but I figured the save method was based off completion like last year, so I haven't been on for real til today... I don't have any other items from those times, does that mean the plotline for the day is the save?

Wow the adults are amazing. I have given up on the event as it was slowing my PC down and I had to restart almost every time I played it.