TJ09

2016-12-25 - Festive Expeditions

Oh my gosh. These are so gorgeous. I wasn't a huge fan of the hatchlings but those adults, wow. They're stunning and I love them.

Those of you with 'cat beds' who are missing your cats?

I have a 'cat window' which gave me the option of toggling it.

When I chose toggle, a cat appeared in the window.

Maybe you need to toggle your beds? (I don't have the cat bed to test it on.)

I finally got the story quest to work. I used my mums laptop clicked out of bounds walked outside my house and Avery had a ! mark above his head.

I also tried looking for Galys again but she wasn't there sad.gif

Those of you with 'cat beds' who are missing your cats?

I have a 'cat window' which gave me the option of toggling it.

When I chose toggle, a cat appeared in the window.

Maybe you need to toggle your beds? (I don't have the cat bed to test it on.)

The cat beds don't have a toggle function sad.gif I want my cats!

Really like the dappled light effect in the jungle.

Wonder if thalassa is a Valkemaren term for water? My immediate thought was that these guys were thalassa x human crosses, but they don't look like thalassas at all.

Could also be regional...i.e. a region called Thalassa.

Someone off-site kindly let me know there was a quest today, but they said Avery will have new text when you talk to him. He is just saying the same thing about not being ready for me, so not sure what the previous step I'm missing is.

edit: nevermind I reopened the game and now it's working "as intended"!

Edited by Ashywolf

Have we gotten a Snow Dragon Sketch with the info, like we usually get for new releases, yet?

Have we gotten a Snow Dragon Sketch with the info, like we usually get for new releases, yet?

I don't think so. Infinis still hasn't posted.

Edited by Vrack

A beautiful new dragon. A pleasure to watch grow up and elegantly powerful as an adult. Lovely, simply lovely. Thank-you for sharing your creation with us.

No, EscapistLore, who is the concept artist, posted a bit of extra information a few pages back, but no art. Infinis hasn't posted yet. But really, not all artists post sketches and extra info in the release thread, so don't be surprised if it doesn't happen.

i can't do art like that.

escapistlore posted a bit of info; other info will be added to the encyclopedia entry.

c:

Finally got through, but I hope the rest of the game will pass without problems. But Zeto and Nana are strange...they are wyrms right? But they seem more human-like...maybe it's just how the game is set up.

No, EscapistLore, who is the concept artist, posted a bit of extra information a few pages back, but no art. Infinis hasn't posted yet. But really, not all artists post sketches and extra info in the release thread, so don't be surprised if it doesn't happen.

I can't do art like that, either (I wish). xd.png

I'd be happy to answer questions about them, if you guys have them, but as Infinis said, there'll be a lot in the encyclopedia for you guys to find.

Hopefully we won't have to wait forever for the encyclopedia article.

I can't do art like that, either (I wish). xd.png

I'd be happy to answer questions about them, if you guys have them, but as Infinis said, there'll be a lot in the encyclopedia for you guys to find.

Question! What would their general MBTI type be? Or do their personalities all differ greatly?

Question! What would their general MBTI type be? Or do their personalities all differ greatly?

It does vary. They all have a tendency towards being playful, and being caring towards others (And I see them doing so in a more, aloof, older brother type way), but their personalities change a bit depending on the dragon.

Edit - and that was an awesome question. xd.png

Edited by EscapistLore

How come the furniture in my house won't save? sad.gif

Refresh before you leave your house, then exit and re-enter. :3

Nana and Zeto are the first canonical example of mana-mutated humans, correct? This was discussed a lot in TJ's DC lore AMA thread. Essentially, contact with the different mana types causes a variety of physical mutations to occur in humans. Nana and Zeto are obviously the result of water mana, based on their appearance (scales and gills/fins) and their stated affinity towards water magic. Thalassa is also the Greek word for sea. I think it's really interesting that we're finally getting some more background on this, and I'd love to see more in future events.

Event badge links to a nonexistent url named "holidays16"

Stopped playing the game a bit ago. Gives me a bit of a headache moving around and finding stuff. On the upside, loving the adult dragons

Does the hide-and-seek dragon hide behind buildings or go to different parts of the map? That miniquest is giving me a headache.

E: also found a bug. You can clear the water temple before Avery approaches to you to do that very thing.

Edited by serce2

Does the hide-and-seek dragon hide behind buildings or go to different parts of the map? That miniquest is giving me a headache.

Hide behind building is true and hide different parts is false I think.

Got through today's story quest without trouble. Thanks to the artists/event organizers/whoever is in charge for this smile.gif