TJ09

2016-10-31 - Happy Halloween

Ey, I didn't think the event was that bad. The sprites were cool, the eggs look nice, and like always everything is free. I can understand why people would get frustrated over the spread vs. cure thing 'cause tbh i'm still confused about how that went about but even so I think the event was pretty good overall. Might be bias since this is my first time actually completing everything and I love minesweeper.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the trick or treats and the new dragons, it's the minesweeper mini game I'm referring to when I say "event." Just think it could've ended more meaningfully. (Although again, still hoping... wink.gif)

Either way props to Munin for all the cute event art (and eerie plague description). I especially liked the sprite of the sick red dragon that led to the event proper.

Glad I remembered to go back and pick up my eggs @ ^@ Almost forgot that I still had a bunch of others waiting to hatch and hadn't grabbed them yet.

They're looking super adorable so far O wO

The S1 especially looked a bit cat-like. Since it's Odeen credited on the hatchies, going to sit over here and pray for a black cat themed dragon.

FINGERS CROSSED!

Glad I remembered to go back and pick up my eggs @ ^@ Almost forgot that I still had a bunch of others waiting to hatch and hadn't grabbed them yet.

They're looking super adorable so far O wO

The S1 especially looked a bit cat-like. Since it's Odeen credited on the hatchies, going to sit over here and pray for a black cat themed dragon.

FINGERS CROSSED!

That's what I love about Halloween: so many spooky dragon possibilities! Much more creatively liberating than Christmas and Valentine themes IMO. Personally I thought these would be vulture based when I saw the initial egg description but with the hatchies I'm leaning more towards harpy or towards no real reference at all, just creative magical creepiness.

Although again they really DO look like flying monkeys... x'D cuter, though!

Can you guys please let the ToT for one more day? Pretty pretty please?

Or at least for 8 more hours eg till the morning as the Halloween night does not end at midnight sad.gif..

I was so busy and could not collect it all so super sad ... plus drop has been so so very slow this year... only got 33 in total : (...

Edited by Joya

Don't get me wrong, I loved the trick or treats and the new dragons, it's the minesweeper mini game I'm referring to when I say "event." Just think it could've ended more meaningfully. (Although again, still hoping... wink.gif)

Either way props to Munin for all the cute event art (and eerie plague description). I especially liked the sprite of the sick red dragon that led to the event proper.

Yeah same. I worked hard to get in contribution for Cure and to feel like that was a waste of time makes me feel meh sad.gif. It just ended not too long ago so maybe there will be some kind of announcement by today or tomorrow? Idk.

~Please take trading to the Trade section~ Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I can't contain my enthusiasm.

Congratulations on the release Odie- I heard you've been waiting many years for this! The hatchlings are looking adorable so far smile.gif

Can you guys please let the ToT for one more day? Pretty pretty please?

Or at least for 8 more hours eg till the morning as the Halloween night does not end at midnight sad.gif..

I was so busy and could not collect it all so super sad ... plus drop has been so so very slow this year... only got 33 in total : (...

I'm really sorry you didn't get them all, but the ToT items did drop for the normal full week, and since there weren't any extenuating circumstances to the whole of DC, I do not see the drop being extended. 33 is a very solid number, though! You got more than half. That's quite an accomplishment: congrats!

There was so much lag in the caves, I didn't get a single new egg.

I was gifted some eggs! Please do not give me anymore, I'm okay now.

Edited by Dannywolf

Screwed up my own dang holiday lineage plans by mis-influencing half my mates who are now already adults and will not make the kind of zombies I'm looking for.

And I'm probably not gonna be able to catch a 7th new eggu in the AP, and I have a feeling I'm really going to like these spoopy floofs. Blugh.

Good luck to everyone hoping to make trades!

Both S1 and S2 hatchlings are super adorable. I can't wait to see what these guys look like as adults.

November 1st... where did the time go?

I'm really sorry you didn't get them all, but the ToT items did drop for the normal full week, and since there weren't any extenuating circumstances to the whole of DC, I do not see the drop being extended. 33 is a very solid number, though! You got more than half. That's quite an accomplishment: congrats!

Thanks a lot, I so don't like when work&life comes in the way of play : )

but yes, it was fun - the time I could spend online, got 6 eggs, and 33 ToT, and about 15 wins for the Cure - not sure what it did though smile.gif

Thanks a lot to all of you <3

While all the artwork that goes into DC is above reproach, I have to say I'm in love with this year's Halloween banner in the ToT section. I mean... whoa. So much detail! The jack o lanterns, the castle, the trees, the sheer atmosphere oozing from it! I haven't seen the dragons yet, but I know that banner is at the top of my 'favorite artworks for this event' list. It must have taken ages to get that subtle shading. Beautifully done and highest of admiration to the artistic genius that made it!

EDIT: Munin is the artist and they should be given much Halloween loot. I just found the credits. xd.png

Edited by Dragon Mage

Blast it, my internet was down until today so I missed the Halloween dragons this year.

Anyone have any spares they'd be willing to give away or trade?

There was so much lag in the caves, I didn't get a single new egg.

I sent you pm

I guess I can understand how some might be upset about the way the Spread vs Cure was handled, especially those who really got passionately into the battle, but there was so much good about the event that shouldn't be overshadowed.

Munin's art for the event and for the T or T banner is simply amazing! Thank you so much for that.

We had so many lovely little treats to collect. I especially liked the ones by lavaheart. The eggplant jack'o'lantern was pure win, as were the flaming one and the little devil sitting on the pumpkin. Of course there were Odeen's cats, too. And so many others made by very talented artists -- too many to mention individually.

And on top of it all a new dragon that promises to be scary and amazing.

Thanks to TJ and all the team that worked to bring us this event. smile.gif

Aw I was hoping we could play the minesweeper after the event was over. It's such an addicting mini game.

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuu! Q_Q

I forgot about the Halloween drop!

*Crys* T_T I did not get even 1 of the new dragon...and it looks so awesome to!

*Hating self for forgetting*

I'm actually incredibly disappointed. I've always been able to get the Halloween dragons and thought that they continued into the morning in the past. Now I've missed out and that's really irritating. I didn't forget, the lag just prevented me from grabbing one at the time.