TJ09

2016-10-31 - Happy Halloween

I remembered that today DC was dropping Halloween draggie eggs so I went in there and got my 4 with no problem. I also influenced them.

I tried that game but being like the Mine Sweeper one I have absolutely no luck in winning mine sweeper and I find it is the same with this one based on the same idea. I am getting some treats but not all as I have been so busy lately. I don't think I have Sept. egg drops and I can't cb ones as long as the Halloween ones are dropping. Will try getting 2 of them once the Halloween drop has ended.

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=9327157

now I want to see what would happen if what I wanted to win would have won - the Contagion. Because the cure's story was very predictable and it prooved so... ^^;

I'd much prefer this was only a story, not a fake PvP competition predestined for the contagion to loose not only due to the bot boost but moslty after the sudden change of the way it's forces worked:(

Edited by VixenDra

I seriously doubt anything would have happened had the disease won. :/

It was just a holiday minigame.

Man, those hatchlings do look really cute- I especially love the purple peach fuzz that they seem to have. Still anxiously waiting to see what they grow into, and I'm really hoping that they'll be gorgeous adults.

I was actually kind of neutral on this year's event for some reason? The treats for trick-or-treat were all wonderful (I especially liked the nods to Undertale), and I got at least one of every Halloween dragon (with the exception of vampires, but you can get those at any time of the year tongue.gif ), but I'm god-awful at Minesweeper-type games and it definitely showed during this event. I played the game maybe a total of like fifty times and only won it like four times out of all of those. That's just how unskilled I am.

Still had a lot of fun with it, though, so I guess that's what counts.

Disappointed with the event. Firstly, sad there was no official ending announcement, and secondly sad about what was happening with the bar. I feel we should have been told that the spread was being supported through the natural spreading of infection, and there should at least have been an announcement post saying something along the lines of 'the cure team has halted the natural spread of infection, new dragons are now only getting sick due to the efforts of the spread team'. Even better if we were warned of this at the start of the event.

If the lore behind the 'natural spread' affecting the bar was explained on the event page and in the announcement, then I would have been quite happy. As it is, I think both sides feel cheated.

maybe there will be an ending announcement when the treat sprite creator list gets revealed?

There's an unofficial one in the other thread.

maybe there will be an ending announcement when the treat sprite creator list gets revealed?

The list is posted in the other thread and is permanently in the second post of the thread. ^^

For reference here:

CREDITS LIST:

~~~~~

Contagion:

Coordinator: Fiona BlueFire

Coding: TJ09

Game Board and Tiles: TheCompleteAnimorph

Meter: JOTB

Badges: Munin

Home Screen Painting: Munin

Event Thread Painting: Munin

Announcement Graphic: Munin

~~~~~

Trick-or-Treat 2016:

Munin: user posted image

626lavaheart: user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Bluesonic1: user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

dragonwinxzodiac: user posted image

Fiona BlueFire: user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Infinis: user posted imageuser posted image

Joliver1998: user posted image

Lady Lyzar: user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Lythiaren: user posted image

Munin: user posted imageuser posted image

Mysfytt: user posted imageuser posted image

Nirami: user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Odeen: user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Phioxse: user posted imageuser posted image

PieMaster: user posted image

Shajana: user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

TheCompleteAnimorph: user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Thuban: user posted image

TJ09: user posted image

I remembered that today DC was dropping Halloween draggie eggs so I went in there and got my 4 with no problem. I also influenced them.

I tried that game but being like the Mine Sweeper one I have absolutely no luck in winning mine sweeper and I find it is the same with this one based on the same idea. I am getting some treats but not all as I have been so busy lately. I don't think I have Sept. egg drops and I can't cb ones as long as the Halloween ones are dropping. Will try getting 2 of them once the Halloween drop has ended.

At least you actually got some eggs. I completely forgot to log on today and Halloween dragons are 1-day-only. >_<

At least you actually got some eggs. I completely forgot to log on today and Halloween dragons are 1-day-only. >_<

You are not alone. T_T

I only got one egg, I forgot the site is an hour ahead of my time...When I got back on to try and get more since I had 30-second lag earlier, it was already too late to get more!! sad.gif

Disappointed with the event. Firstly, sad there was no official ending announcement, and secondly sad about what was happening with the bar. I feel we should have been told that the spread was being supported through the natural spreading of infection, and there should at least have been an announcement post saying something along the lines of 'the cure team has halted the natural spread of infection, new dragons are now only getting sick due to the efforts of the spread team'. Even better if we were warned of this at the start of the event.

If the lore behind the 'natural spread' affecting the bar was explained on the event page and in the announcement, then I would have been quite happy. As it is, I think both sides feel cheated.

I get what you mean, but I don't think it would have really made a difference. I think the majority of people chose their side based off the badges.

I wish there was an official ending too, but the one in Sock's locking post of the other thread still made it feel a lot more finished for me and I'm grateful Pokemonfan13 wrote it for us

I only got one egg, I forgot the site is an hour ahead of my time...When I got back on to try and get more since I had 30-second lag earlier, it was already too late to get more!! sad.gif

Same :/ Had given up before due to lag so only came away with one >< Forgot it was a 1 day drop not 3 others ><

The Event could have been handled better imo.

I second that. And VixenDra, you certainly said it!

For what it's worth, I still had fun this year's Halloween on DC. I got 2/6 zombies and a nice pair of purple eggies to go with them (I thought about grabbing more but decided against it). If only the Event was bots vs players... Oh well, all over and done with. Minesweeper is mah jam!

Edited by purplenewt

I kinda enjoyed this event. Got all I wanted, I have.4...umm... "Fluffy Halloween Dragon" eggs. brb influencing them

The fur patterns on these guys remind me of monkeys... I hope they grow out of the resemblance. When I said I was hoping for spooky dragons, I didn't mean "Nine's monkey-dragon-nightmare-fuel material" spooky.

I dont even have enough Pinks to influence >.<

Please. Someone tell me that gender swaps are common for holiday dragons lol

I'm still hoping there will be some sort of belated announcement about the event or something. If there isn't then I have to say I'm pretty disappointed. Minesweeper is fun but I was getting bored of it on day two of the event, so finding out I played all those extra games for the cure for nothing when I could've gotten my badge and been done is a letdown. I was really hoping we'd get an announcement for a new BSA at the end--heal if cure won, some type of zombie spreading infect BSA if spread won, with a note that whichever BSA didn't win would still be added eventually.

Standard disclaimer that I know it's a free game and the events are volunteer run, but we've gotten some really wonderful events in the past, so it's hard not to compare to past times. To this day the original haunted house choose your own adventure remains one of my fondest DC memories, and even seemingly more simple things like last year's crazy potions provided more week long entertainment then endless, seemingly pointless minesweeper.

I dont even have enough Pinks to influence >.<

Please. Someone tell me that gender swaps are common for holiday dragons lol

I'm in the same situation as you! I believe they are pretty common, so no worries about that smile.gif

Great....I missed it cause of work... -.- Thanks Halloween...you've yet again ruined my day... *walks off and gives up on life*

Great....I missed it cause of work... -.- Thanks Halloween...you've yet again ruined my day... *walks off and gives up on life*

You'd be amazed how many cheap deals for new Halloweens there are hidden in the trade threads after the fact, and a fair number tend to go through the AP too. Don't give up!

Ey, I didn't think the event was that bad. The sprites were cool, the eggs look nice, and like always everything is free. I can understand why people would get frustrated over the spread vs. cure thing 'cause tbh i'm still confused about how that went about but even so I think the event was pretty good overall. Might be bias since this is my first time actually completing everything and I love minesweeper.

Wow! #Spookay! Thanks TJ! cool.gif