TJ09

2016-10-31 - Happy Halloween

so happy i managed some eggs...hopefully unfogging won't end up to viewbombers.

I would've gone for more but I've been busy with stupid tests

i even missed trick or treating/scaring people :C

Aw I was hoping we could play the minesweeper after the event was over. It's such an addicting mini game.

It IS one of the games that comes with windows, you know.... (I've been addicted for YEARS).

Other than the way the game was handled, this has been great. I'm longing to see the new adults.

Thanks to everyone involved the 2016 Halloween fun!

I can't wait to see what the new mature dragons look like, the hatchlings are tantalizing.

I was able to play the event this morning, as it was saved in a window, until I won and then it was over. I ended up really enjoying it after, with a lot of help on line with live links and visuals, I figured out how to play.

It is too bad though that the event badge was tied to winning a game and choosing CURE or SPREAD. I think that everyone who played without winning before giving up, should get a badge. It was my "stick-to-it" attitude that kept me playing past my initial frustrations and feeling of hopelessness in ever winning a single game.

All in all this was a fun Halloween!

This was a great Halloween event. I enjoyed playing the event game and considering I'm terrible at Mindsweeper this actually helped me improve. biggrin.gif I had a blast collecting the TorT's and of course going crazy with catching and breeding halloween eggs was fun like always. I got some great lineages and also caught some for my lineage projects. I can't wait to see what these new dragons grow up as, so far their S1 and S2 sprites are adorable and super creepy in an awesome way.

Thanks TJ and Spriters for another great event. happy.gif

I'm actually incredibly disappointed. I've always been able to get the Halloween dragons and thought that they continued into the morning in the past. Now I've missed out and that's really irritating. I didn't forget, the lag just prevented me from grabbing one at the time.

Check the AP w/i a day or so--heard that folks were dropping extras--good luck! Check the trade threads and the departure comm.

All these Halloween eggs, and I just want to make a couple vampires in celebration of Halloween.

I don't wanna bite any halloween dragons, but I might not have a choice.

I guess I could bred my own to bite...

Wow look at all those incu-hatchable Halloweens on the ap...wish my eggs would hurry up and hatch so I can grab some! laugh.gif

Wow look at all those incu-hatchable Halloweens on the ap...wish my eggs would hurry up and hatch so I can grab some! laugh.gif

I know, I can't wait for tomorrow! biggrin.gif

Waited to breed most all my Halloween dragons until last night... Tried to extend the extras in the AP as long as I could for everyone!

Hey guys, if you really look at the hatching sequence, you can see an eye peeking at you

I have to admit I'm annoyed at how the game ended. We should have been told beforehand that the cure would end up winning no matter how much we tried to spread. That was a letdown.

But I LOVED getting old Halloweens, and the new dragon is AWESOME, and as much as I hated minesweeper going into this, I really grew attached to the game.

The hatchis look somehow familiar to the Green Goblin from Spiderman laugh.gif

Awe, good thing I had trades set up, as I missed the whole release and zombies and all! Did the game end special?

Awe, good thing I had trades set up, as I missed the whole release and zombies and all! Did the game end special?

nope no special end, no ending at all tbh

I don't know if I agree that the fact that Cure would end up winning that was annoying (it was a given that the disease would remit by the end of the event), but I think what really put people off was the fact that Team Spread was getting extra help, and no one knew. It cheapened both Teams' efforts because Spread thought that all the effort to spread the disease was their own doing, and Team Cure thought they were genuinely fighting against other players to stop the spread.

No one knew what the actual weight of the teams were; it was only revealed after the natural spread assistance slowly died away. And once it did, we were shown that an overwhelming amount of people were on Team Cure, so much so, that it made it feel like there was very little effort on the part of the Spreaders. Hell, we honestly thought there was a glitch going on because of how drastic the shift in power was.

Maybe if we knew from the get-go, we would feel less slighted, and more people would have turned to Team Spread as the assistance died away. Or if there had been no assistance in the first place, more evenly numbered teams would have formed, instead of most people jumping to the Cure Army. Or maybe we could have all jumped to Cure to try and beat back the natural spread of the virus if we were aware there was artificial assistance.

But we will never really know. I guess this stuff will just have to be kept in mind for the next Player vs Player event.

--

On another note, I can't wait for these guys to grow up! I want to see what they look like. Someone said they look like flying monkeys (like in the Wizard of Oz), and I can't help but agree.

I've also got my vampires now, with one repulsed. Enjoy your new Day after Halloween Vampire. xd.png

Edit: Typos.

Edited by Shokomon

I have to admit I'm annoyed at how the game ended. We should have been told beforehand that the cure would end up winning no matter how much we tried to spread. That was a letdown.

But I LOVED getting old Halloweens, and the new dragon is AWESOME, and as much as I hated minesweeper going into this, I really grew attached to the game.

Cure wasn't rigged to win (unless by win you mean all the sprites going back to normal, but that was... rather inevitable). Spread was actually getting extra points naturally for the first six days, but stopped getting that boost on the last day, so the final cure win was purely user driven. If no one had submitted either way spread would've won.

Underwhelming finish either way, was hoping to see some official story closure when today started. sad.gif

The nature of harmful biological agents is that they spread. Passive infection is a part of actual disease. This is not some ploy to frustrate you, think of it as team cure finally finding a vaccination to fight the disease.

That being said, Odie made an awesome hatchling.

I can't wait to see some eggs starting to hatch so I can see the eyes. I missed TJ09s

Off to look af hatcheries and give views.

I'm sad I didn't get all the trick or treat sprites, they're always so cute.

Edited by Corgi-osis

I've never won minesweeper prior to yesterday, it was fun to learn how to play. biggrin.gif

Regarding the event, I liked the premise/overall story and the art (badges, story art, ooze design, etc.) What I did not like was that you had to win to be able to get a badge--I would not have won without the help from wonderful DC people--and that it was revealed very late in the game that this was not a true PVP game. I also did not like that this ended rather abruptly without any sort of semblance of a conclusion. I don't know if it was a rush to get the event going or there were not enough volunteers to put a whole story together, but outside of aesthetics (everything looked good), this was a poorly developed event.

There were bugs (which is to be expected--to be fair); the game wasn't intuitive (not everyone knows what minesweeper is or is good at it); there was confusion surrounding what the research actually did and what winning a game did (which led to people thinking that teams got more help or that their efforts were wasted or there was confusion over badge switches); there was a built-in mechanism that skewed results (in biology, agents spread, yes--but this needs to be clear in the story that users are working from); and the event ended rather abruptly without any conclusion to the story.

In the future, I think if there's going to be just a mini-game without any actual outcome, it's fine to not have a backstory. Just make it clear that the players have to win to get a badge.

The trick-or-treating was great as always and I love the new Halloween babies so far. I'm just sad that lag seemed to ruin that for some of the players.

Edited by Jazeki