TJ09

2016-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 10th Birthday!

My action log got wiped! sad.gif I was looking forward to looking through it, and now there's only one page! sad.gif Is it possible to get it back?

Loving new releases! <3 All beautiful, with intriguing descriptions and quirks. However, I must wonder, why must many of them be orange and blue? I mean, Celestials and Sapphires were blue! And Antareans were orange! And I notice many other existing dragons possess such colors very frequently 0_o I do wish there was a bit more color diversity among them, particularly in this year's releases.

I can't speak for anyone else, but blue is my favorite color, so I've used it frequently in sprites. XD

The tail looks a little small, but I guess with sprite dimension limitations you gotta do what you gotta do.

It's small by intent :3 didn't want it to have a super long tail.

This release went better. I just need two Nexus eggs and another Aria and I'll have a pair of each.

My favorites are definitely the Aria and the Morphodrakes followed by the Nexus and the male Frill. <3

I'll probably be hoarding the Aria, Morphodrake and Nexus for sure. Possibly the Frills, too.

Edited by Raikielia

that should be how it ALWAYS is

removed the extra day when left in the AP - all eggs will now be at 4 days or less xd.png

id be cool with it if the eggs where always at a few hours left, that way an abandoned egg would be risky because its sickly and hasn't been cared for

Well technically the eggs don't get sickly until they're looked at too much... an egg that has never been looked at is just fine.

But yes I would love it if the AP stays like this. The only times I see as there being a possible problem is during the holidays when it's locked for a week with holiday dragons. Not sure what wll happen then, since if they're still at 4 days then eggs could legit start dying if they're behind the holiday wall for a week. Still, I see mostly upsides to this new AP, so I'm happy with it.

It's very exciting to have the brand new & sorta new/old dragons in full display and just waiting to join in the daily activities of the Cave. I like all the new sprites and their adults and I'm working on their breeding plans.

Thank-you to all the spriters, conceptionists, TJ, and everyone else who have brought their ideas, tales, and gorgeous artwork to share with the rest of the Keepers.

But yes I would love it if the AP stays like this. The only times I see as there being a possible problem is during the holidays when it's locked for a week with holiday dragons. Not sure what wll happen then, since if they're still at 4 days then eggs could legit start dying if they're behind the holiday wall for a week. Still, I see mostly upsides to this new AP, so I'm happy with it.

It won't matter.

The old day added was added when an egg was picked up from the AP for the first time. In a case where the holiday backlog covered all the normal eggs, the normal eggs would never be picked up and the extra day would never be added. Things would die after 7d exactly as they will now.

It won't matter.

The old day added was added when an egg was picked up from the AP for the first time. In a case where the holiday backlog covered all the normal eggs, the normal eggs would never be picked up and the extra day would never be added. Things would die after 7d exactly as they will now.

Ah ha, I didn't realize that. Oh well. Poor eggs.

Dang it.

I have everything but a Nexus.

Gimme a Nexus Cave!

My hatchlings just got their wings and I'm so happy to see them grow. wub.gif

If I'm reading it correctly (kind of difficult this early in the morning - need sleep ^^; ), I think it reads,

"Once considered pests, the prolific Frilled Dragon fell victim to cruel extermination programs in recent years. Farmers had made a habit of killing them on sight, and several wizards were called upon to assist. What they concocted was a terrible plague, which prevented natural reproduction. It spread rapidly to wild dragons, until predication and poaching led scholars to believe they had gone entirely extinct. We have recently found a small pack of survivors that appear to be immune to the plague. Samples have been taken in an effort to cure and inoculate our domesticated specimens. Preliminary tests appear to be promising."

If I got any of it wrong, I apologize ^^; *hides in a dark hole*

Thank you! smile.gif

I can't read it, my eyesight is kind of terrible.

I am determined (Ask Stay Determined! Sorry...Undertale...everytime I hear determination) to do a morphodrake x night glory checker...I just only have two cb night glories .s.

I also am determined to do an aria x daydream, though I am curious about the male aria sprite, will do the lineage either way xd.png

I am determined (Ask Stay Determined! Sorry...Undertale...everytime I hear determination) to do a morphodrake x night glory checker...I just only have two cb night glories .s.

If you need an egg from that pair, I can help you out smile.gif I only have one CB female Night Glory, but I can breed it with one of my new drakes for you.

Edited by PKfreeze

Aria is my daughter's name xd.png. I don't know how she'd feel about it though, her favourite colour is green.

If you need an egg from that pair, I can help you out smile.gif I only have one CB female Night Glory, but I can breed it with one of my new drakes for you.

You are so sweet ;3; I was actually going to do Male Night Glories x Female Morphos since the two I have are M CB's...somehow my only Night glories are both male cb's go figure.

I have a couple questions for everyone.

- What was your absolute favorite thing from the event?

- Do you have any quirky naming schemes for the dragons released/rereleased?

- What will you breed first when the hatchlings grow up?

:3

Thank you for the information, though I'm really disappointed. I was very excited when I saw my full action log available, and now the anniversary is no longer as perfect for me as it was. sad.gif

Im sooooo disappointed too. I got to see my very first eggs and what I did with my very first dragon. I thought it was awesome! But now it's gone. sad.gif

Edited by WaterDroplet

I also am determined to do an aria x daydream, though I am curious about the male aria sprite, will do the lineage either way xd.png

I can also help with either of these. I have several CB night glories and daydreams.

I am thrilled to have the frills and arias back! I had frozen my only CBs (oops) thinking I could always get more. The others I have are messy or inbred, so not good for breeding. I can now complete my scroll goals for these two breeds.

Im sooooo disappointed too. I got to see my very first eggs and what I did with my very first dragon. I thought it was awesome! But now it's gone. sad.gif

Is that a glitch or were we only able to see them for a limited time? I wish it was permanent.

Finally got a Nexus!

Also a really kind person gave me a Nexus hatchling. Thank you!

Morphodrakes will look great with the Glaucus Drakes.

And Tarantula Hawks with Howlers!

I collected frills and old pinks before they were cool. cool.gif *hipster*