TJ09

2016-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 10th Birthday!

Looking at the adults, I think TJ is trying to make another statement about the blue and orange conspiracy. tongue.gif

Ooh, I'm loving these Drake designs. The dragons look great aswel, but for me the highlights are the Drakes.

Aria/Bright Pink - Jungle => "This bright egg has a warm shell."

Frill - Jungle => "This egg has strange markings on it."

Unstable Pink (2-heads) - Alpine, Volcano => "This dense, crystalline egg seems dangerously unstable."

Mottled Red - Coast, Jungle => "This mottled red egg almost glows from within."

Web Drake - Desert => "A delicate web-like pattern decorates this egg’s shell."

Blue Drake - Jungle => "A few bright markings decorate this egg’s shell."

Quoting for new page smile.gif

Once considered pests, the prolific Frilled Dragon fell victim to cruel extermination programs in recent years. Farmers had made a habit of killing them on sight, and several wizards were called upon to assist. What they concocted was a terrible plague, which prevented natural reproduction. It spread rapidly to wild dragons, until predation and poaching led scholars to believe they had gone entirely extinct. We have recently found a small pack of survivors that appear to be immune to this plague. Samples have been taken in an effort to cure and innoculate our domesticated specimens. Preliminary tests appear to be promising.

-L

so cool. o_o perfect explanation! Thanks for your effort!

My well-ordered, phone-typed bonus info for Nexus Dragons:

- Mana crystals grow out of the dragon's skin somewhat like keratinous horns or antlers. In extreme circumstances these crystals may be chipped or broken, but they always grow back eventually.

- Although fire and ice mana crystals grow in close proximity to one another on the dragon's body, they do not actually blend together at a chemical level. The crystals growing from its chest and tail are conglomerate structures comprised of tiny bits of both mana types, which makes them appear bright purple.

- Each head uses a powerful breath weapon corresponding to its magical alignment which, combined with the dragon's natural strength and reckless fighting style, make it a formidable opponent in direct combat.

- While most Nexus Dragons are born with the same mana configuration (fire on left, ice on right), "southpaw" individuals with the opposite configuration do hatch occasionally. This provides neither benefit nor detriment to the individual.

- Nexus Dragons are solitary, mingling only briefly to reproduce. The female will guard her offspring viciously, even from its sire, until it matures enough to grow wings. Then she kicks it out to fend for itself because she's nice.

- As a rule, Nexus Dragons don't actively hunt others of their own kind. However, they will gladly cannibalize a grievously injured or deceased Nexus to acquire its mana.

Odeen, what's the plural if you don't include the word "dragons"? Nexi, Nexuses, or just Nexus? Nexen?

Odeen, what's the plural if you don't include the word "dragons"? Nexi, Nexuses, or just Nexus? Nexen?

Assuming that Odeen was using Latin, the plural should still be Nexus.

Oh wow, I just saw the new adults! wub.gif If I had to choose a favourite it would be the Morphodrakes, but all the sprites are great and the descriptions are so creative, I love it. wub.gif

I also like the new lineage view more and more, I have a lovely double chevron lineage that looked nice before but now it looks AMAZING! biggrin.gif The new lineage view is so much more elegant than the old one.

really do love to see how the adults have turned out!!

the nexus and tarantula moth dragons are my favorites so far, but tbh they're all beautiful.

i can't wait for mine to hatch so i can grab some more ❤❤❤

but the aggressive, mana-hungry nature of the nexus makes me wonder, who would win if they were to fight a desipis dragon?

I am loving the Candelabras, I will definitely need more.

but the aggressive, mana-hungry nature of the nexus makes me wonder, who would win if they were to fight a desipis dragon?

I don't know who would win, but I'd really rather not be anywhere near to find out. rawrscary!

...What they concocted was a terrible plague, which prevented natural reproduction. It spread rapidly to wild dragons, until predation and poaching led scholars to believe they had gone entirely extinct. We have recently found a small pack of survivors that appear to be immune to this plague. Samples have been taken in an effort to cure and innoculate our domesticated specimens. Preliminary tests appear to be promising.

-L

It's working! I have a male and female Frill, who had never bred. I convinced them to try again, and they now are the proud parents of a cute little Frill egg, which I hope will hatch soon. Yay!

Edited by Jennie

Loving them all! They're really, really beautiful dragons!

But my favorite will be the Candelabra, I think. All the glowy stuff... <3 <3 <3

Thanks to all the spriters for another lovely round of dragons. <3

!!! This is such a surprise of an update, I was so shocked when I saw this! This is so great that you've brought back the retired dragons and have created several new ones to go along! Dragon Cave is such a fantastic site and a joy to be on. May it never stop being awesome wub.gif

Soooooo .... now that I've seen some of the Arias gendering male, I'm curious if they might end up with a dimorphism. ^-^

On a side note, did the action log get wiped? I remember seeing actions as far back as Jan 2012 at the start of this release and now it only goes through the last month or so.

Oooh ohmy.gif *makes mental note to breed many many Cassares as a safeguard in case of a Desipis-Nexus fight*

Lovely sprites! The Tarantula Hawks are my personal favorites, but all of them are great. Can't wait to see the lineages people make from these. Really pleased to see more drakes, especially such pretty ones.