TJ09

2016-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 10th Birthday!

Just a few more hours until my second batch hatches!

So excited!!

I love drakes, so I'm glad to see more of them!

Pretty awesome the retired breeds have made a comeback. And nice job on the new breeds.

Interesting concept with the Nexus dragons. For reasons I wish I could explain, their design makes me think of the Red Death from HTTYD. Candelabra Dragons look really fun, and I could see myself befriending one if the dragons on this site were real. Morphodrakes also have an interesting design, which strangely reminds me of those swimming pool liners combined with lapis lazuli. Unfortunately, I'm not too thrilled with the Tarantula Hawk Drake, but I'm not sure exactly why.

The Nexus dragons....are so amazing...

Seriously, amazing sprites. Amazing! I don't know any other words, apparently!

-pets glowy crystals-

And I looove the Tarantula Hawks, they don't quite look like the typical style of sprite. They seem a little watercolor-y, which is a compliment, because I love the way it looks. Also, pretty colors c:

Yay, I have new hatchies! biggrin.gif Not sure why, but the Aria hatchies remind me of bubblegum (must be because bubblegum is usually pink) xd.png

My favorite thing about this event is the low-time AP eggs. Stopping adding a day to AP eggs is one of the best decisions this site has made.

But for the game as a whole, I'm most excited about Frills and Arias, because they are out in the world again. I don't do lineages and probably won't grab more then a handful of each (although frozen Frill hatchies sound pretty dang good), but for the userbase as a whole this is the most wonderful thing ever.

I have no naming schemes picked out, and I don't always do naming schemes in the first place, but I think I might.

My favorite thing about this event is the low-time AP eggs. Stopping adding a day to AP eggs is one of the best decisions this site has made.

But for the game as a whole, I'm most excited about Frills and Arias, because they are out in the world again. I don't do lineages and probably won't grab more then a handful of each (although frozen Frill hatchies sound pretty dang good), but for the userbase as a whole this is the most wonderful thing ever.

I have no naming schemes picked out, and I don't always do naming schemes in the first place, but I think I might.

While I think it was a smart choice, not adding a day won't make too much of a difference in the end, I think. The eggs right now are probably so low because everyone's ignoring them for new releases, but once people start grabbing them again, the times will get higher and higher. The main difference is you won't have to do internal math to figure out when an egg you bred will hit the AP.

Nice to pop back by to see so many new changes and dragons!

I'm glad frills are finally decided one way or the other. I've been holding my breath on the lineages I have with them for too long.

I can't wait for my little frills to grow up - mostly because I've 21/21 hatchie locked myself tongue.gif My single adult female frill won't have to be so lonely anymore. Might have to change her description :S

I'm so excited about the retired dragons coming back and the new sprites. You don't understand just how excited I am! biggrin.gif (You probably do.)

When I was....a young boy.... I bred my...Frill Dragon and I tossed the...egg because I was dumb. And now I....get a new...chance to breed....my lovely One N' Only...and to make my amends....

TTATT I'm so happy....

http://dragcave.net/lineage/EO4V

Edited by _Z_

17 hours before my arias grow up! I can't wait to see the male adults!!

Hatched and named accordingly -> Frill hatchie happy.gif So happy that they're back, I joined not too long after their retirement (if I remember correctly) so it's exciting to be able to obtain them happy.gif

I can't wait for my dragons to grow up. biggrin.gif Just 5 more hours before I get lovely adults of the new releases! <3 YES

I went back to get more of the morphodrakes and the candelabra dragons. biggrin.gif Getting there on my hoard now. :3 Will also make sure to take time out to get more Frills and Arias. biggrin.gif I don't mind the green of the Frills because nostalgia is all-consuming there. <3

While I think it was a smart choice, not adding a day won't make too much of a difference in the end, I think. The eggs right now are probably so low because everyone's ignoring them for new releases, but once people start grabbing them again, the times will get higher and higher. The main difference is you won't have to do internal math to figure out when an egg you bred will hit the AP.

It'll also remove the headache of trying to calculate when somebody else's egg hit the AP, which is particularly important for Solstices. No more "what wing color is this" issues.

I found this amusing so I thought I'd share—

Anyone a fan of Journey? xd.png

And sure enough the Frills came back. We just had to not stop believing. tongue.gif

The male Aria looks amazing! I love his happy face and his pose.

Feel like linking? The wiki doesn't have the sprite yet and my only Aria hatchie gendered female.

Feel like linking? The wiki doesn't have the sprite yet and my only Aria hatchie gendered female.

Here ya go! Click him to see his full glory since he gets cut off in lineage view.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/W6cMb There he is, in all his glory

ninja.gif

I have truly enjoyed this release. I now have even numbers of male and female Arias...my CB girls are no longer alone. And frills and all the new lovelies. But a long way to go before I fill my oversized scroll goals for each breed.

Thanks again to TJ09 and all the spriters for a very good birthday gift.

Edited by ainisarie