TJ09

2016-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 10th Birthday!

Such lovely adults! I think the Candelabras and Morphodrakes are my favourites from this release happy.gif

OMG YES. Those adults are beautiful!!! So much love! <3

If Nexus dragons like eating magic dragons, do Cassares give them indigestion?

This made me lol so much just now. xd.png

Now off I go to find me more Candelabra eggs because those and the Nexus are my absolute favorites and I've got plenty of Nexus for now. I am so weak for glowy things. <3

Edited by SyrusAllen

Ooooohhh, we have adults! Love them all, great job, spriters!

*Hoards the new insect-related drakes* This entomologist is happy!

I wish we could breed the nexus with the Cassare. It would look so cool!

I wish we could breed them with Hellfire Wyverns.... >>''

On a side note, did the action log get wiped? I remember seeing actions as far back as Jan 2012 at the start of this release and now it only goes through the last month or so.

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=9210690

Really loving the extra breed info. That note about the Frills is especially cool. And the super-protective Candelabras <3 I need one for a pet.

Hey Odeen, if Nexus dragons get violently unstable from the fire mana/ice mana conflict, what would happen if you kept one near Cassares while it was growing up? Would the Cassare's magic-dampening field prevent the mana growth and keep the Nexus more stable?

*shivers* Tarantula Hawks. Blegh.

The Nexus female looks pretty cool.

Hey Odeen, if Nexus dragons get violently unstable from the fire mana/ice mana conflict, what would happen if you kept one near Cassares while it was growing up? Would the Cassare's magic-dampening field prevent the mana growth and keep the Nexus more stable?

My understanding of cassare dampening may be flawed (I don't actually collect them or do encyclopedia stuff), but I would think the result there would be a Nexus that was still volatile and couldn't use its magical power. A more surefire way to keep a Nexus stable would be to strictly monitor and minimize its consumption of mana. It'd probably still not win any good citizen awards because by nature they're obstinate, quirky, and unsociable, but it would be far easier to handle. Just beware the day when it remembers how big it is, because the hunger is always there.

Wow! All really great stuff! Joined in 2008, and it's been a fun ride. Anniversaries are fun. laugh.gif

Man am I loving the AP right now. Not a single egg over 4 days! The only downside is that I'm already completely scroll locked with hatchies...this is dangerous for me, haha. Best addition to the site so far, imo

This was great. There were 4 new dragons for everyone. And for some of us that never had a frill or a bright pink, there were SIX NEW DRAGONS. What a great event.

None of these new releases particularly stand out to me, but I'm okay with that! Helps keep me on track with my own scrollgoals and stuff. I'm glad to see so many others loving them- in the meantime, I'll be loving my new pinks~ I hope they breed alright with prizes....

PieMaster, Odeen Lythiaren: thanks for the descriptions and research notes! I always love reading that extra information! It's good to see the tests are promising, Lythiaren!

Both the Aria and the Frill have a special place amongst my favorites. Frills because I managed to grab one CB back in the days. It was one of my first few Caveborns and I always liked it smile.gif The Aria's because I had never gotten one, but I always liked the dragon. And now I'll be looking for them always, I think.

I think my favorite one of the new releases is the Morpho drake because it reminds me of the dragon Sapphira in the Heritage series.

I like the other adults as well, but this one simply is special to me smile.gif

BTW at least checking this year, I've never seen any of the released dragons in the completed section... sad.gif and I mean checking long before the respective release

Are these chosen dragons taken down like 5 months before the release or what?

or now you need to be an artist already (with access to the hidden section) to have your sprite released? not much new blood lately (though true, those artists produce best shaded sprites) and the completed list is growing without releasing much^^; And some of the sprites there are really pretty, some are again by Infinis and now I'm getting worried those wo'n't be release brcause landed in the public completed section:P

(Sry, jus poking TJ about the tendency it starts taking xd.png)

With the last check I did a couple of weeks ago of all public concepts, I came at a total of about 200 completed concepts removed from the list since about 2010/2012, possibly for a release, or perhaps the designer(s) withdrew the concepts for another reason. The list I made is a compilation of information from others and the information I got from the completed list on the forum here.

Of this list (which has a total of about 800 request, including variants), 22 dragons have been released into the cave besides all the dragons that have been released and which haven't been developed publicly smile.gif . So...... We still have a lot to see smile.gif

I've seen dragon concepts which have taken (a lot) more than a couple of months or even years to be released in the cave (Anagallis had been removed from the Completed list about 3 years before it was released). But I've also seen concepts which had been removed only a couple of months before the release. So it varies quite a lot. And that's on top of all the concepts that have been send in privately to TJ.

I love seeing releases like this where we get several new dragons and I hope we'll get more of them, so that more concepts from the completed list can be released as well. We've got amazing concept designers and artists!

Back on topic: Love the new dragons, Yay to the Frills and Aria's and I absolutely adore the Morpho drake.

Frankenweenie, you da real MVP ;D

I'm quite partial to Candelabra x Lumina, Antarean, Brute, Ember, and Gold. I also may end up doing a spiral with my Desipis alts--those are always fun for me to work on c:

blink.gif MVP - is completely new in my "lexicon" =)

Haha. Hey, if you're gonna do something, might as well go the whole hog, am I right? xd.png

You're totally right! user posted image

We are so gonna have to do bloodswaps, because I'm thinking of doing all of those except Frill, too xd.png

Thanks so much for all the lineage pics! <33

Oh my goodness, thank you for sharing! I love the way they look with the Frills and the Terraes the best

Thanks for that! xd.png The Morphodrake X Night Glory mockup looks really nice. And Night/Day Glories are based on butterflies as well, right? So it seems fitting.

Tarentula Hawk X Ochredrake make a lovely pairing as well. wub.gif

wub.gifwub.gifwub.gif

Here are some more, with male Candelabra =)

user posted image

PieMaster, Odeen Lythiaren: thanks for the descriptions and research notes! I always love reading that extra information! It's good to see the tests are promising, Lythiaren!

Both the Aria and the Frill have a special place amongst my favorites. Frills because I managed to grab one CB back in the days. It was one of my first few Caveborns and I always liked it smile.gif The Aria's because I had never gotten one, but I always liked the dragon. And now I'll be looking for them always, I think.

I think my favorite one of the new releases is the Morpho drake because it reminds me of the dragon Sapphira in the Heritage series.

I like the other adults as well, but this one simply is special to me smile.gif

That's exactly how I feel =)

@Frankenweenie

MVP means Most Valuable Player - it's basically a cool way of saying you're a cool and useful bro. biggrin.gif More info here: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/kevin-durant-mvp-speech

I just got my first new release egg (hah, I was profiting off all the ER eggs in the AP! tongue.gif ) it's the Tarantula one, because it's my favourite this release. Think I'll be hoarding a lot of those biggrin.gif

Wooowww I love the adults! I think the Nexuses are my favorites. I absolutely adore fire/ice themes.

You rock, Frankenweenie! Definitely going to have to see if I can get my hands on regular Desipis x Candelabra somewhere down the line--loving that pairing. Also digging them with Tiki's Mistletoes, STDs, and Marrows o3o

Now, Frilleds. All I can say is: yespls.

Edited by PieMaster

Wow, everything is so amazing! I love these dragons. Thank you everyone who helped making these birthady so awesome! wub.gif

THE FRILLS ARE BACK.

I'm so happy.

I can finally correct the mistake of not picking up one all those years ago. I'm so happy~

Oh hey. The bright pinks are back too.

Happy birthday, Dragon Cave! I'm sad I missed it.

Also I have more access to Internet now. Yay.

Edit: Also, now that I caught up with all the new dragons...

YEA, new drakes and Drake eggs!

New lineages and backgrounds!

New Zombies are coming!

So many new things!! biggrin.gif

Edited by Shokomon

I read that as "yesipis." Fitting. xP

Shokomon - I feel the same! The only Frill I ever got was messy, so I can't breed it, and I never bothered getting an Aria since I wasn't bothering with collecting everything then and I didn't like their color. But now there's no more regret. <3

Edited by cbussiere

Love them all!

If I had to pick a favorite, it would have to be either the Candelabras or the Nexus (love the description with them).

happy.gif

I lovest the Morphodrakes the most which is why I'm going back to hoard them. biggrin.gif Luckily their eggs drop very frequently in the Jungle. <3 And have a distinctive description too. xd.png

I plan to hoard the Candelabra dragons myself too. >U>~ If it was appearance alone I wouldn't do very much but the breed description SOLD me. xd.png I must have an ARMY of these loyal little glowwings at my side, ready to carry out my commands and to fetch and play and to cuddle with me whenever I want it. >u<~ Yisssssss

Least favorite is the Tarantula Hawks e.e I don't like greenies anyways (even if the gold wings are great) and the description SCARES me because I hate spiders. E__E *backs away like a LOT*

The Nexus are kinda cool. O-o I like the eggs the best and I'm kinda sad there wasn't more colors on them like the egg because a more crystalline-focused-all-over dragon that had those egg colors would've been SMASHINGLY GORGEOUS. Also I don't really collect two-headed dragons so I don't have that many I can breed it to. -p- And the description for them makes me a bit wary of collecting too many since they're rather dangerous. O^e AND I don't want them going after me Desipis hoard E^E!!!

THANK YOU for bringing back the Frills and Bright Pinks and giving them new life. X3 Kinda sad my only Frill adult from the early years (messy lineage and all) had his sprite changed. :/ Oh well. I love the BPs as Arias now though. AWESOME. X3 And the reason for the Frills going away so long makes sense now. xd.png Poor Frill babies ;;;3;;; *pets her Frill de' Mana baby* This makes sense why you were so lonely all this time my boy. ;;;;3;;;

I never got to get a BP myself so getting Arias is AWESOME thank yoooooou X3