Natayah

Player Activities & Events

Thanks, I updated the description from the original on the post above at 12:29 Pm, so I'm not sure if you read the new one, as well as the front posting. But I'm happy to make the first line read 2G/3G or something else. I was making a quickie version of the description the owner sent me. However, if you wanna give me something in 2 sentences or less that describes it and keeps it concise that better communicates the contest, please PM (only post in thread if my inbox is full to keep less clutter) it and that goes for anyone. If there is a description that could be better done, please suggest or tell me! Concise writing is not my forte.

No more posting until I go to bed - My S/O is in a Stupor and I need to go Rein them In. - However:

@Big Player Event People: Since The Holidays are Almost Here, we can plan but can't really set a date for a BIG event until after Valentines. So March at Earliest. What Time Frame would you like to Shoot for? We can do multiple ones too if they are spread out enough. Every 3-4 months minus Holiday Spread? Thoughts?

I kinda like early April. I know there was a Big April Fool's IRC/Chat Raffle a few years back that a lot of people really enjoyed. It ran for over 12 hours. I know TJ doesn't normally do April Fool's Events anymore, but there is no way to know that for sure. However, if we pick a date we like, and put good work into it and chunk it into a 2-4 day spread, we can probably work with the site to not schedule a Super Rare CB Egg Release. Maybe if they did anything, they would make it a Hybrid Only and/or Site Related, or just let us have that time and do something afterward. So picking a potential date is important, as well as being able to present a plan to justify it hopefully not conflicting with a highly anticipated release. And they work on those months in advance, so we need to at least have our plan drawn out by early Jan IMO Other Thoughts?

Edited by natayah

August Featured Groups

Cave Plumbers - Clearing Project - Collecting & Clearing Common CBs to Win Prizes - Long Running Group - Can Sign Up to Earn Points for Common CBs you will be Adding to your Scroll Anyway (or to start adding) & Everyone Can Use More CB Dragons for Various Projects & Hybrids & More! And more importantly, you are helping with the game overall with Biome Blockers and Ratios and Other Things that are Important & Get Great Rewards!

(Also a Great Way to Collect Specific CBs that you can also use to increase your collection of Dragons that Qualify for the TMB Raffle so you can have more dragons to breed to earn raffle tickets for Rare 2G Prizes & Common Breeding Projects/Checkers. Some other Contests Allow you to Double List w/ Other Groups Projects/Contests - Some Don't, So Check Their Rules!).

If you want to Join - Please Sign Up! If you are looking to Donate, PM The Account Until I figure out how that works...

Also Still Highlighting

Happy Birthday Gifting: Gifting Special Wishes on Player Birthdays!This Thread Helps People Get a Variety of Gifts or Birthday Surprises on/around their Birthday from a B-Day WishList! You can also Sign up too! They have a fantastic group of dedicated gifters, but I think a few more of us should also look at gifting here too! Thanks to those who have signed up, and what a special way to gift & celebrate a special personal day!

If you enjoy or use this thread and haven't posted, please at least say Hi! You don't have to make a large post or add to the convo. Or if you do, it is ok to post something small without it being a major update! However, since I do so many updates & Cover Different Topics & Responses/Answers, I have to break up my posts (cause I write alot.png ) and the thread at times looks like I am talking to myself. Just because I do this IRL ... please help hide my insanity! Thanks! Or if you already share info, reshare some info, including YOUR favorite steadfast threads or new ones you've discovered. This can include anything from your favorite forum games, favorite general discussions, favorite RP threads, and/or favorite gifting or player event threads. Just because I make a list doesn't make it the ONLY list and you can promote anything you love. Just because I don't specifically list it due to my focus doesn't mean you can't make a post about it. And So Other People can Learn About it Too and Maybe Join in! Much Love, ~Natayah

(Maybe there is another reason I chose a TWO Headed Holly... Easier to Converse With Myself...)

Edited by natayah

I like the idea of a IRC/Chat event/scavenger hunt, but I think that there should also be a corresponding actively moderated forum thread while it's going on. I say this because some people can't be on chat for whatever reason whether it's a filter or if they're confined to mobile gameplay. This way, players can still participate without taking the forum-wide event completely off of the forum.

I like the idea of a IRC/Chat event/scavenger hunt, but I think that there should also be a corresponding actively moderated forum thread while it's going on. I say this because some people can't be on chat for whatever reason whether it's a filter or if they're confined to mobile gameplay. This way, players can still participate without taking the forum-wide event completely off of the forum.

As someone who is too unfocused to ever stay in chat too long, I was definitely thinking of a scavenger hunt that was forum-based, incorporating cave and chat things (if it was okay with chat mods).

I like that.

It works out for more players.

Kinda like SockPuppet...I'm too unfocused so I would be afraid that if I turn away from the chat ...I would be completely lost (if the chat is moving quickly)

-------

Would this be a bit like Saika's Cheerful Bingo?

Or did I skip over the part as to what people would be looking for?

@Big Player Event Stuff - I am breaking this into 2 Posts because one is specifically more detailed response to the Scavenger Hunt Idea & Another is Entire Event Outline Related

@Scavenger Hunt - This Idea is Really Smart and I didn't know how well it could be implemented across all various forms of the DC Site & Chat. However, we wouldn't need to have "real individuals" sitting in chat rooms waiting in shifts to always be there. That would be easily be performed by setting up special rooms and having either Bots, Room Titles, Room Messages with Links to Offsite Answers, etc. "Assigning People" always causes issues if IRL happens. However, it's always cool if people want to log into the room and encourage people or chat or whatever. With this in mind, we could use both the Forum (great way to encourage people to explore the forums anyway), Existing Dragons (especially with Creative Descriptions, Lineages, Names, Etc.), and More. And I really like that on the various Games Personality Types, this takes care of the Puzzle/Explorer Types which a lot of games we have in the forums sometimes miss out on (aside from Trivia). Honestly this didn't even occur to me and I'm glad someone suggested it and we had feedback so I could think thru it. But we'd need a special group to map out the ideas, test them, make sure everything works, and all that jazz. Note: Player made bots are not allowed in rooms where DragonCaveBot exists (or at least not the main DC Rooms), so these would have to be uniquely created side rooms which makes more sense anyway.

Also - Trivia - Probably Easier Via Google Docs, but we could do a Trivia that requires people to find answers on site and submit and those with correct answers so many get random drawings for prizes maybe? More of a note to self or discussion topic, however, I'll add it to my "rough outline" on what I think we might use as an organizational plan, and people can comment as they like after this post.

@Big Player Event - I think if we are going to organize something, the best way to start looking for brainstorming is to break it into chunks and from there we can flesh out a rough layout of different segments, and let different people work on whatever segment. And there can be multiple teams that work under different segments. I can change fonts and colors on this longness later. I've been working on this on and off since last night so I'm gonna post it like promised.

Event Summary Overview Draft:

Here is A General Idea of How I see it Possibly Breaking Down:

Raffles:

- IRC General Open Scheduled (Open for Anyone But they Have to Join List or Schedule) (Note: This one itself is probably a Huge/Largest Raffle Management Undertaking - Possibly #dragonlotto or other special room set up Style Based on Previous Raffles Run like this).

- IRC Side Raffles in Different Rooms or Sponsored By Specific People/Groups Using IRC as their Raffle Medium Choice

- Forum: Established Raffle or Raffle Types Already Running

- Forum: One Time Special Raffles by Specific Groups or People

- Forum: Established Groups Choosing to Use their Established Thread vs Alternative One Time Method

Contests, Misc Forum Games, Bingo, Other Special Games:

- Established Forums & Groups & Forum Games can Create their own "Special Edition for Big Event" Games or Contests (Outside of Raffle/Giveaway Theme) within their own Thread or One Time Thread or IRC

- One Time "Special Edition Game" via One Time Forum Thread or IRC (One Time Group/Team or Individual)

Trivia:

-Some Individuals, Threads or Groups may do their own form of Trivia, but that we would lump in under the prior heading "other special games" as they would run and organize that.

- "Big Event Special Trivia" Could have Questions in a Special Forum, or Linked via a Google Doc, where people answer on the Google Doc, and then those with the right answer, so many get random drawing for prize perhaps?

- Would need group to think of good questions that might call upon many sites to reference info. But this isn't meant to be a "scavenger hunt" unless you want to consider it a "scavanger hunt for DC knowledge and DC related knowledge" that isn't super esoteric. But it can certainly be difficult or hard. Or we can have bonus questions. Probably better to discuss more for options, thoughts, & feedback from others.

Timing of Events: While the "Main Big Player Event" should probably happen during a 2-4 day spread (the smaller the better), Individuals , Groups and Teams should be encouraged to also consider scheduling their events in the days/time leading up to the Main Event & after the main event to continue the momentum and take advantage of the extra attention & marketing while not being lost in the shuffle of too many events at once

Other "Event Type" Groups: Is there one I missed? Please let me know so I can include it!

Organization: We need to pick a tentative goal date, set progressive goals and set up individuals and groups/teams to create, organize, progress, and track the various main events, as well as people to help do the same with the overall event as well, and people to promote and reach out to our existing players and groups within the game to promote and organize and support and explain other smaller joint efforts, making connections and resources available wherever and whenever possible

Comments & Feedback??

I think that when we do the "big event," it should be on a weekend so that more people participate. Also we should choose a date that isn't near a holiday, which leaves us sometime in March-April and then June-September. Though I would suggest not picking September since people would probably be planning for the Halloween activities.

I also think that it might be good to ask for a special forum account for this event to make it an official thing, sort of like Secret Santa and the other "specialized" groups have.

While I would agree with that, you don't get Forum Thread Account unless a Thread has enough traffic to warrant it. And we just aren't there yet. And I agree, I thought April sounded great a few days ago, then realized Easter... and Holidays just slowing down, and giving groups, threads, teams and people enough time to put together their smaller event (which isn't going to start until a few months at most before the BIG EVENT) and certainly won't go on during the Holiday Spread so ...

The most we need to plan is maybe an outline. Certainly we get some specific details for our "BIG PLAN" secret stuff, but an outline to start, and maybe some test runs (as smaller events before hand) would probably be fun and easy to do.

I don't know if the discussion involving that needs to be another thread, off site but certainly open to anyone who wants to participate, or can go on in between normal discussion that currently goes on in between normal discussion here.

I just don't want people to be scared off from normal discussion here while we might poke thoughts at bigger plans in the future. And I agree on your future time frames.

Thanks Jazeki!

Hey its aussie, one of the mods from the Influence for Me Project!

First off, I would like to have a big thank you for everyone thats an influencee, we couldn't do it without you! Hopefully many people also enjoys using the service! as well I personally think its great, and I totally think it helps loads of people.

I really can't talk on behalf of Atala, who was the thread creator. But I'm sure it had something along the lines of she needed somebody to influence one of her eggs and decided to make a group about it... Its pretty much how I found the group, as I really needed somebody to influence my egg.

I personally think all influencees are amazing. In my time modding, I don't think there has ever been a problem with somebody stealing an egg. Which I think is great and hopefully the clean record can continue. So if you wanted somebody to influence but unsure due to the worry of people stealing your eggs, all I can say is that its virtually non-existent!

Unlike many other groups, there's no big award for the person who influences the most in a given year or the person thats influenced most recently. This means that people that care for and influence your eggs are gifting their scroll space so you can continue to grow yours. Everyone who influences are making sure that you get the egg your looking for.

The good thing about Influence for me is that anyone can be an influenceer. You don't need a badge, 200 pinks or loads of eggs. All you need are a few pinks, a sign up - don't worry, its easy and free - and your part of the group. Many influencees also ask to swap eggs, so that way your not missing out on scroll space to care for others and some also ask for small gifts, which makes it fun to choose your inlfuencee and also give back. Of course, your not required to join if you want to influence, but its highly encouraged too. Once you start influencing, its hard to quit!

Once again, thanks to everyone! I'm sure I'll see some of you around.

Regards, aussie (& the Influence for Me team!)

Edited by aussieJJDude

While I would agree with that, you don't get Forum Thread Account unless a Thread has enough traffic to warrant it. And we just aren't there yet. And I agree, I thought April sounded great a few days ago, then realized Easter

I totally forgot about Easter and that DC does the festival of eggs. laugh.gif

And yes, I meant seeing if we could make one of these accounts when we have more of a set plan.

user posted imageGold and Silver Egg Giveaways! user posted image

Hey guys, Polar here! Just an announcement that the deadline to enter the gold/silver egg raffle is in two hours (6 PM EST) so make sure to enter ASAP! The lineage for the gold egg is here. The lineage for the silver egg is here.

You can enter to win here.

user posted imageGold and Silver Egg Giveaways! user posted image

Hey guys, Polar here! Just an announcement that the deadline to enter the gold/silver egg raffle is in two hours (6 PM EST) so make sure to enter ASAP! The lineage for the gold egg is here. The lineage for the silver egg is here.

You can enter to win here.

Hey Guys, this Awesome Lotto is only open until 6PM EST (like under an Hour) So GET SIGNED UP - DON'T DELAY!!

user posted image3rd Generation Bronze Tinsel Giveaway! user posted image

Hello everyone, I just wanted to announce the 3rd Generation EG Bronze Tinsel raffle, which ends in just over 3 hours, so make sure to enter while you still can! You can view the lineage here.

You may see more information and enter the raffle here.

Many of you may be familiar with The Mentoring Project. For those of you who are not, it is a program that has existed since 2009 that pairs new players who need a little help with experienced players who are willing to offer them a little guidance.

We are currently accepting applications for new Mentors. If you have basic knowledge of Dragon Cave and the forums and would like to help new players get started in the game, come on over and fill out an application. Just scroll down the first post until you come to the big green heading "APPLICATION PROCESS TO BECOME A MENTOR" and follow the instructions you will find there. smile.gifWe are especially in need of Mentors who are fluent enough in a language other than English to mentor someone in that language!

Edited by purplehaze

Many of you may be familiar with The Mentoring Project. For those of you who are not, it is a program that has existed since 2009 that pairs new players who need a little help with experienced players who are willing to offer them a little guidance.

We are currently accepting applications for new Mentors. If you have basic knowledge of Dragon Cave and the forums and would like to help new players get started in the game, come on over and fill out an application. We are especially in need of Mentors who are fluent enough in a language other than English to mentor someone in that language!

I sent over an application before you even had announced it (I saw the link in your signature) - any idea when I might hear back?

(I've been waiting for it to open for months, haha)

I sent over an application before you even had announced it (I saw the link in your signature) - any idea when I might hear back?

(I've been waiting for it to open for months, haha)

I wondered how you got there so quickly with your application. laugh.gif You should be hearing from me in a day or two. I have been extremely busy and haven't had much time. I have recruited Laura-Lana, one of the former thread monitors, to give me a little help, so we can work through applications as quickly as possible. Just be patient a bit longer. wink.gif

I wondered how you got there so quickly with your application. laugh.gif You should be hearing from me in a day or two. I have been extremely busy and haven't had much time. I have recruited Laura-Lana, one of the former thread monitors, to give me a little help, so we can work through applications as quickly as possible. Just be patient a bit longer. wink.gif

Yep, I had actually gone to respond and saw your signature. Cue excited noises on my part, haha. I wasn't expecting you to open applications so soon. Don't worry about the wait, I understand smile.gif

We are currently accepting applications for new Mentors. If you have basic knowledge of Dragon Cave and the forums and would like to help new players get started in the game, come on over and fill out an application. Just scroll down the first post until you come to the big green heading "APPLICATION PROCESS TO BECOME A MENTOR" and follow the instructions you will find there.  smile.gif  We are especially in need of Mentors who are fluent enough in a language other than English to mentor someone in that language!

How often do they get a mentee?

Edited by gigglymonkey12

I highly would recommend anyone who has played the game for at least a decent amount of time (doesn't need to be YEARS AND YEARS) and has a good grasp on how it works and forums work and things work (more important) and has a good personality and patience and wants to help (very much most important) consider applying for for the Mentor Project. It's a very essential cornerstone of this game that is heavily player involved.

If you want to be a player who "does more for the game" that directly involves helping it to grow and giving back, this is one of the greatest organizations/groups that you can belong to.

And if it is something you don't feel you can do right now, but would like to start learning stuff so you can do it in the future, I don't know if the Mentorship Program would be willing to post a list of like... good qualities to have or anything, but there is probably something someone could suggest even if its non-official.

I would say places like the Mentorship Program are good stepping stones for building resumes if you wanted to consider something like "modding" in the future, but mod apps rarely open up here. However, if there are other forums you are on, and are interested in becoming more involved with other games, having that experience on your "internets resume" is helpful. It also gives you an inside look on how essential player organizations and assisting new players and learning those interactions are important. If that is something you would like to learn, or just are super nice and want to help, it is great for learning and giving at the same time. It's a very handyand helpful skill set.

Also an FYI: Polar & PF4E's Raffles are Currently on a Slight Intermission and Accepting Donations. You may want to PM them and/or fill out their form if there is something nice you would like to donate to make a nice/interesting prize. It's a great way to directly supporting ongoing player events AND see your nice "gift" to be "gifted" in a way to very happy and excited people!

Edited by natayah

How often do they get a mentee?

It varies. Sometimes we get a lot of requests, other times we go quite awhile without any. And you can really decide how often you want to accept a mentee. When people post in the thread asking for a mentor, any of us can respond to them. If you don't feel you have time or whatever, just let someone else answer the call. If no one answers a request in a day or so I will usually start sending PMs out to mentors to try to find someone who can take on that person. Ideally, each mentor who is willing to take on a student will check the thread daily to see if there is any unanswered request. That saves me a lot of anxiety!!

And thanks, Natayah for the lovely plug for the program! biggrin.gif

Edited by purplehaze

Hey Just a Heads Up - The Cave Plumbers are Currently rebooting their Thread and creating a new one. So while people are welcome to post stuff in the old one, they are setting up a new one and any old things will be carried over to the new one. I'll give you an update when the new Thread is up so we can go show them some love!

Ahh I love the Cave Plumbers thread.

I saw their new thread earlier and I love the changes.

----

There's also a breeder who breeds a 3g silver tinsel as a prize.

I believe they have a new tinsel that they're offering for those that has the points for it.

Also Goldenscale Lotto is creating a new thread too so I am super excited for both of them. I planned on making a planned pretty announcement I guess when both of them had new shiny threads up, but since The Cave Plumbers are still Plumbing away, the old thread is open and people should take a look and show love to these guys. They both have new easier ways to donate and shiny new thread for involvement. The Goldenscale Lotto is a really creative mix of seek-and-find to gain raffle tickets and collecting commons. And what makes it cool is you get a limited number of raffle tickets each round (although you can get a few bonus too) so no one person dominates the raffle with 8000000 tickets vs your 5, and it levels the playing field. Plus they also have random chances to win throughout so it's a very different sort of "collection game/lotto/giveaway/contest" type.

With the Cave Plumbers, plenty of you have CB Commons (assuming they are adults and the plan is to keep them on your scroll - I only mention this with Halloween and Zombie Prep coming up, we'll discuss that later) can be input and things you have collected. Which is useful since most people have at least "some" collection of CB Commons (some breeds maybe more than others), so you might as well go register them. They also have nifty prizes & nifty donating opportunities so again, another great way to gift.

So many of these games allow you to use dragons, that you would have collected and used anyway, or are starting to collect some more of because of the multitude of uses or just growing your scroll, and can often be used across different games in different ways. I mean, you can only do it once, and you can always ask to double check, but the idea is to get players involved and rewarded for doing things that are very helpful for the game, or just to have fun. These people are awesome fun, and these groups have been running a LONG time and we need to support them in any way possible. Participating and/or Gifting and Promoting and/or Just sending out support helps a lot. But if you aren't sure what best to do after reading their thread, they always have people to PM. And peek in and take a look a their shiny new thread progress! And don't forget about them even after the shiny new thread!

Ok, I'm going to go back, re-edit this later into something shorter and easier to read.

ALSO - If you have not yet gone in and shown your support and/or opinions/votes for when you would like to see or if you would like to see a Holiday-kin MassBreed Event in Sept (especially to help prep for the Holidays), please go do so! This way we can get participation and interest confirmed and have that event be scheduled in and get a date set and all get excited!

I've got to study, but I wanted to do some sort of update.

Also, I don't know If I've mentioned this before, but this is something I'd like people to think about since some of you are starting to interact more with newer players and with other players:

1. What are your Top 5-10 (Heck it could be More, but some Number) of Sites, Threads, References, etc that you use for your most essential game play and/or favorites?

2. If a newer/younger player asked for references to the 5-10 (or whatever number, keep it reasonable but not overwhelming) on how to play the game and/or enjoy themselves, what would you recommend?

3. Same question as above, but this time for the "growing" player who has got down the basics, maybe is in the silver trophy level and wants to get more involved in the game and continue to grow, what would you recommend for them?

4 Same question as above, but let's say this is either a newer gold level player, or an older established player (for the conversation, we'll assume they don't have dragons that can basically get them anything they want) who wants to find some more fun in this game. Maybe they are a bit bored, or just want something beyond collecting dragons, or a project or option that is a bit more "Complex and involved" and requires a decent to good understanding of the game. What would you suggest?

You can answer these questions just to yourself personally, you can post answers here, you can post links here (even if I already have them listed), you can just mention ideas, or whatnot. But it is something to think about and if you have a go-to list, it might be something that other people would like to know so they can more easily recommend it to others.

Or anything else you want to discuss!

Also is there a thread out there that already has love/help for creating zombies, including the dates when people can start for earliest advantage, especially those of us wanting to try and get some of the different species and sprites of zombies this year?

Edited by natayah

Also is there a thread out there that already has love/help for creating zombies, including the dates when people can start for earliest advantage, especially those of us wanting to try and get some of the different species and sprites of zombies this year?

Try Zombie success stories. The thread was made quite a long time ago, but it seems that each year people give tips and timing and other advice.

And I am learning a lot from this thread, Natayah. I will definitely have to check out Goldenscale Lottery and Cave Plumbers among other threads mentioned here. I have never looked into either of those. So much to see, so little time! laugh.gif