Obscure_Trash

Holiday-Kin Massbreed Event

I'll probably partake in this, if I don't forget. smile.gif I keep meaning to breed my holiday pairs out of season, anyway, as to make the AP a nicer place, but don't do enough of that by a long shot. So a breeding event would be an excellent excuse for that particular kind of diligence!

I'm in! It'll be the perfect time to test out acquired mates from this winter's holidays, too.

*Back to naming and logging things in spreadsheets*

What a great idea! I only have CBs of the past two holiday dragons, but if I can think of good mates for them I will definitely participate. I'm just extremely indecisive on what would look good or if I want them to have dedicated mates, so I really need to do some thinking over the next month...

Count me in. I have tons of holiday checkers and CBs I can breed. It'll be fun hunting the AP to find new blood for my lines.

Can probably count me in! I have so many Caligenes to breed, I can experiment with pairings. Hard part will be remembering to breed them.

Do you want to restrict the generation of the (perfectly checkered) eggs somehow? I can breed some lines up to 6th gen, which might not be everybody's cup of tea.

Mm, I considered it for a moment, but:

-I don't think there's actually going to be enough long checkers to drown out anything else

-Long checkers can be some of the hardest to find mates for and people end up having to trade a bunch of shorter gens to make it work, so if breeding them can help find mates, I'm up for it

If people would rather it be restricted, I can do that. I'd probably restrict it to up to 4th gen in that case, other opinions pending.

I'm not sure but aren't FoE normally only on Easter Day?

The first year (2010), FoE was two days. All the rest after have been three days. It just starts on Easter Sunday. ^^

I only have CBs of the past two holiday dragons, but if I can think of good mates for them I will definitely participate. I'm just extremely indecisive on what would look good or if I want them to have dedicated mates, so I really need to do some thinking over the next month...

Well, if you don't participate, hopefully you can at least see a lot of lines and get an idea of what you'd like to do yourself. =)

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I'm in! I have a bunch of CB Halloweens from 2011 onward and most of the CB Valentine's/Christmas since 2010. I'll be breeding a variety, probably with things ranging from Xenowyrms to some of the older Commons.

I also have some checkers to contribute.... most of them with Bleeding Moons (55 and counting). If it'll be too annoying to have Bleeding Moons flooding the AP, I'll restrict breeding to just a few of the shorter generation checkers. xd.png

I also like seeing higher generation checkers with Holidays even though I don't have many myself. They're difficult to find out of season mates for!

Edited by VampiricOmen

Just wanted to say I would not mind long lineaged Holiday checkers since they are not easily found and who knows it may help in the long run one day for someone doing that certain lineage!

I will be glad to participate and Share! And I think any Holidaykin (or basically Holiday Mate) of any type that is either 2G Or Patterned is going to be something people enjoy. No matter the lineage, most anything patterned can be combined with another similar pattern or shape, so anything can be bred with it if they don't have a perfect match.

And if they end up really liking the line, that may give them something to specifically request for next year. This is probably more important to newer to mid range players. As one gets much older, we often have so many lines we are working with that we don't need anything new to inspire us (other than new breeds coming out thus NEW combos). However... that doesn't mean an older player also wouldn't just take a checker and combine it with another checker to make a baby from two checkered parents. I do this all the time myself, and prefer higher even gen lines (5th & UP) because I like how they look better shape and picture wise.

I find fourth gen to be ok, 3rd gen very blah, and fifth and up, it just takes on more of a shape and a distinguishable pattern and look. So, I'm happy to breed anything, but I'll take any excuse to remind myself to breed good fun stuff!

I'm silly, I have a few cb dragons of recent events, so I can at least breed those.

Also I like the idea of longer checkers being included. If you've got them, why not share them? I'm also leaning towards it being on Easter only. Like you said, more people will be online anyway, so there will be people around to pick up the eggs we leave.

Edited by dragontamer44722

I'm in! smile.gif

I hope I'll manage to update my holiday breeding spreadsheet until then. I think I still have some new pairs to add from Halloween and Xmas 2015...

(I'm very good at procrastinating. cool.gif )

I'm in! I have a bunch of CB Halloweens from 2011 onward and most of the CB Valentine's/Christmas since 2010. I'll be breeding a variety, probably with things ranging from Xenowyrms to some of the older Commons.

I also have some checkers to contribute.... most of them with Bleeding Moons (55 and counting). If it'll be too annoying to have Bleeding Moons flooding the AP, I'll restrict breeding to just a few of the shorter generation checkers. xd.png

I also like seeing higher generation checkers with Holidays even though I don't have many myself. They're difficult to find out of season mates for!

I happen to like Bleeding Moon x holiday checkers, so breed them all.

Count me in! I don't have nearly enough holiday checkers/mates (not even 10) to count, but I'm happy to be part of any nice mass-breeding events. smile.gif

This sounds fantastic! I'm certainly in for this one!

If anyone is interested in doing swaps for blacktea from female lurker, I can breed gens 2-5. Just send me a PM! smile.gif

All my other CBs and checkers will be bred to the AP for Easter!! biggrin.gif

Oh, me too! I just need to remind myself to breed a mate for her on time xd.png

I've only recently started collecting holiday lineages, so I definitely need mates for both Christmas and Valentines! I have the older holidays that I can drop second gens from. Or if someone needs a second gen something, let me know (maybe we can work out a trade for some things I need). I have CB Yulebucks, Snow Angels (tri-color), Ribbon Dancers, Winter Magis, (my '09 Valentine I am STILL trying to get an egg for someone else, but if they have cooperated by then she'll be free), Sweetling, Rosebud, Pumpkin, and Black Marrows. I have 2nd gens of most of the others as well, if anyone wants a stair, and I'll be looking for matching 2nd gen mates so I can do even-gen lineages. Feel free to PM me!

ETA: Don't restrict it. I know people who have torn their hair out trying to find mates for longer even gen lineages. It would make their day (month? year?) to find some mates for those!

Edited by whoeverxwins

I know it's BMs but that's not really enough to wall, not for very long, anyway, so I say breed them! (And I say this as someone who doesn't like BMs. So please feel welcome!)

~

I will officially not be restricting by generation. Thanks for all the input!

Count me in. I have a lot I can breed. Some are with raresuncommons but a lot are also with commons...maybe some people will be inspired to do lines they had not thought of before.

Oh, sounds like a fun event! smile.gif And it might be a chance to shorten my long list of needed holiday mates as well.

So you can count me in!

Will we have a swap meeting for nice lineages here in this thread or take it to the trading section?

And how about a banner to advertise this breeding event? (no i surely can't make one myself...)

Edited by milkaq66