TJ09

2016-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

Overall, I do love the design of these new dragons. There's just something about them that makes me thing gator. I don't pretend to know why. But I do agree with those who feel like the whole matchmaker thing has been done before. On the plus side, this dragon seems to be slightly different. It reminds me of an old fable I read as a child, about a camel who dreamed of being a dancer. She practiced for years, and when she finally felt like she'd mastered the talent, she put on a show for her friends. However, after seeing her performance, everyone told her that she was a terrible dancer and was the most ungraceful creature ever. However the camel remained convinced that she was an amazing dancer, and the criticism was just her friends being jealous of her gift.

Well, today's story was short and to the point. Not that it's a bad thing, of course. Just was expecting more to do. Still, the hatchlings seemed precious, and it makes me wish Dragon Cave was real and not an internet sprite adoption game.

Still, the hatchlings seemed precious, and it makes me wish Dragon Cave was real and not an internet sprite adoption game.

I think a lot of people on here would agree, including myself.

EDIT: There is just a complete wall of green on the AP lol

Edited by Holocast

Is it true that these new dragons are a male only breed? Or are there some females out there?

I honestly love the comedy behind the description. I think the only problem I have is the dragon is a bit too decorated. The sprite itself is set in an interesting pose and the dragon is a surprise for a valentine one. I feel the markings distract a little bit from these qualities. I'm still happy with them, especially with the description.

Ok guys: Heres the deal: I know a lot of you missed items, either by skipping paths or getting caught in funky loops. Please do not get hung up on that. There WILL be a chance to go back and get everything you missed, and re-read everything you skimmed over while clicking through to fast.

YOU WILL BE ABLE TO GO BACK LATER, TO GET THE MISSING ITEMS. Be patient.

biggrin.gif

* jumping up and down with glee * YAY !! YAY !! YAY!!

THANK YOU !!!!!

I honestly love the comedy behind the description. I think the only problem I have is the dragon is a bit too decorated. The sprite itself is set in an interesting pose and the dragon is a surprise for a valentine one. I feel the markings distract a little bit from these qualities. I'm still happy with them, especially with the description.

My sentiment exactly. I could have done without the spot/heart-like markings on them which make them look a little over-decorated and distract from their cool pose. I like that they are fierce looking and not the lovey-dovey, cuddly, "typical" valentines dragon.

EDIT:

And, I think I found some Mutamore pairings that I am going to try for next year...

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Kind of on the fence about these 3 below...I guess it will depend on if there is any new dragon(s) released between now and then that I like more...

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by lanette

THEY'RE MALE ONLY!!!?! blink.gifsad.gif I gave mine female names. Wasn't the last holiday release (Christmas) male only too,oh well I guess I'll freeze mine.

Edit: decided to only freeze one of them,but I'm still pretty embarrassed about naming them cutesy anime girl names when they're really masculine looking male dragons.

Edited by MagicUnicorn

THEY'RE MALE ONLY!!!?! blink.gifsad.gif I gave mine female names. Wasn't the last holiday release (Christmas) male only too,oh well I guess I'll freeze mine.

Edit: decided to only freeze one of them,but I'm still pretty embarrassed about naming them cutesy anime girl names when they're really masculine looking male dragons.

There's actually nothing wrong with giving male dragons feminine names nor vice versa, but you realize you can rename them if you don't like the names you chose, right?

I loved the cute little hatchlings in tonight's game! biggrin.gif And I love getting all the items so far too. X3 So cute little Arsani hatchlings! <3

I wish this was real and I could live in this world. :/ Or at the very least have the dragon collecting and breeding and raising be some kind of game like the pokémon game lol complete with magic, spells, potions, and the like alongside plots and character and dragon interactions and cute decorating and creating, feeding and cooking mini games. xd.png Not going to be a possibility either of those things so I'll just be content with dreaming about it. xd.png

Anyways this is just so amazing all of this - the world, mythology, dragons, etc. - that it inspires me to daydream about it and others to role play games and scenarios in the forum threads, and has such a huge fan following that it's just amazing! Thank you EVERYONE who made this beautiful world and sprite collecting game and forum possible! <3 TJ09, the spriters, and each and every commenter and role player and designer and inventor here big and small! <3 Truly a time of love for all. X3 <3

I think the Mutamore passes as a Valentine dragon just fine. The only thing that I dislike about them is: the whole match making thing has already been done (Heartseekers).

Except that that's only words. I live in hope of these having an actual BSA....

Even if not - this one is MUCH funnier laugh.gif

I also like the new look of the Mutamores instead of the more typical valentine dragon appearance. Not to say I don't like the existing valentine dragons, but it's nice to shake it up a bit on occasion.

I also liked the event this year. Much more comfortable than last year's event and one I could work in my own time frame and having fun with it.

Thanks to all who made this holiday celebration possible. Another DC darn good job done!! xd.png

I have 29 objects... Is that all of them?

Thanks for the fun, TJ and Spriters...

I like the new dragons. They are not gushy cute, and I can really appreciate that. I haven't thought of any names yet though. xd.png

The one downside for me is that their pose keeps reminding me of one of Arvalis's pictures: http://arvalis.deviantart.com/art/Barlow-512337404

As for the text event, I'm now caught up to the current point at least.

I don't hate that they're male, I should've explained that. I just hate that the idea that them possibly being male didn't even pass my mind. I kind of have a ton of mental issues,and me screwing up with the names and everything,made my anxiety problems act up which is why I was using all caps. I'm not angry just really panicky,because I utterly failed at naming my dragons.

Edited by MagicUnicorn

I don't hate that they're male, I should've explained that. I just hate that the idea that them possibly being male didn't even pass my mind. I kind of have a ton of mental issues,and me screwing up with the names and everything,made my anxiety problems act up which is why I was using all caps. I'm not angry just really panicky,because I utterly failed at naming my dragons.

Well, if they don't have a BSA, so did I. biggrin.gif

Z'Match Maker (I got a Z !!) and Kiss n' Make Up xd.png If they are a just a PIA I shall have to rename. Maybe.

I have loads of names I bitterly regret. Join the club. I am just too lazy to redo them (you couldn't change them when it first happened to me) - and also according to my SO it would give than a personality disorder... laugh.gif

I have 29 objects...  Is that all of them?

So do I, so I hope so !

Edited by fuzzbucket

I'm just saying you can rename them rather than having to feel as if you have to freeze them or whatnot. If you don't like the names you picked, rename them to something else you do like!

~

Today's story was very cute. =)

I think I def have to breed my mutamore's to spotted greenwings and tan ridgewings for next year. Then blue nebs and nhios or tsnumanis next. Urgh, still undecided! There's a bunch of lineage previews in the breeding thread in SD for those interested. ^^

There's a bunch of lineage previews in the breeding thread in SD for those interested. ^^

Sock, can you please point me to the thread you're referring to? Not sure if it's just my sleep-deprived brain, but I'm just not finding it! xd.png

Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE (Husky51 @ Feb 18 2016, 08:40 AM)

I have 29 objects... Is that all of them?

------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE (Fuzzbucket@Feb 18)

So do I, so I hope so !

Thanks, Fuzzbucket, long time no see...

I got six items today, but still missing a few from yesterday T-T

Same me. Have 27 sad.gif