LadyNightshade

Pokemon Sun and Moon

I just beat the 4th trial. I have:

Brianne the Brionne (mvp trial 1/3)

Sun the Pikachu (mvp trial 2)

Lilo the Marowak (mvp trial 4)

Bucket the Snorlax (gonna sub him for a Pangoro).

So far I'd say trial 1 was the hardest, 4 was annoying, and 2 was the easiest.

I finally caught my level 11 Salamence after 4 days of hunting, I named her Khronos for all that time I spent hunting

I go back to hunting for another shiny Bagon for my brother and just 7 minutes later I catch another low level Salamence, I named her Inlusio

I got to say, Tapu Koko has quickly became one of my favorite legendaries along side the Moon Pokemon Especially after the end credits where it has a picture of Lily being held by it and it looks like Lilly is about to give it's head a hug which is adorable as fudge[/white]

*Coughs* Anyway, Tapu Koko is now a permanent member of my team

God I had been wanting to get Minior since I first saw it, and now that I'm at his location I discover that he can only learn 1 flying move! And not a very good one... I've promptly decided to get a skarmory instead.

Dude. Minior can be taught Acrobatics. Without a hold item, Acrobatics has a base power of 110 with perfect accuracy.

It's still only one move, and I don't have Acrobatics... also I wanted ot use the Flying Z-power... can't really get that base power of 110 if he's carrying a Z-stone. Also after looking Skarmory has boatloads more resistance than Minior.

Minior is going to be amazing competitively, though. It gets Shell Smash, and before Shields Down is activated, it can't be statused, meaning you either have to set up to try and oneshot it or switch in something that can, in which case it sets up multiple Shell Smashes and wrecks your face, or it gets one Shell Smash off, takes a hit (and probably survives), and then its speed doubles and it wrecks your face.

I don't really care for competative though.

Wow... been playing pokemon since red... and I finally caught a shiny biggrin.gif Yay.

Been avoiding this thread like the plague until I got my own copy, which just happened today when I got Sun (I really wanted Moon but it was sold out everywhere I went, so really hoping we can catch and trade the UBs). These are impressions from just the first 15 minutes of play;

(Spoilered because it's only fair)

· Holy smoke, the MC's walk motion is so stiff and robotic. I didn't bother in the demo because I thought that it was just in the demo, but man is it annoying.

· Happy to see that it looks like the Aether Foundation aren't as nice as they portray themselves. I mean, I already got spoiled into the boss is actually quite nasty, but happy to see this, still.

· Lillie is a precious cinnamon roll who needs protecting and you can't convince me otherwise (at least, not until the game is over xd.png).

· Tapu Koko is awesome. Spearows are a-holes.

I FINALLY GOT THE GAME biggrin.gif

It took three resets for a female Poppilo :3

I'm really loving the figurines we got; I'm going to put mine somewhere unstable, so that it'll fall and I can shout GODDAMMIT MOON MOON!!!!!! xd.png

Still peeved about them getting rid of Super Training. Long ago completed the game and now taking days to make my Pokemon perfect.

Everything about Salazzle makes me question why this game is rated E.

Then, there's Gengar.

Should you feel yourself attacked by a sudden chill, it is evidence of an approaching Gengar. There is no escaping it. Give up.

THERE IS NO ESCAPING IT. GIVE UP.

It apparently wishes for a traveling companion. Since it was once human itself, it tries to create one by taking the lives of other humans.

Ghost is lonely, decides to kill others to be less lonely. Seems legit.

I'll have to admit, there are some pretty brutal Pokédex entries in this game, for example:

Moon: Drifloon- "If for some reason its body bursts, its soul spills out with a screaming sound."

Edited by DarknessDragon197

oh man I saw Drifloon's as well and I was like GameFreak WHY

That also makes me think of the whole Abandoned Megamart....

I mean, the whole thing was destroyed in a rage by Tapu Bolo because they dared construct on his sacred land. But then stop and think about how the whole place is overrun with ghost pokemon. And there's a ghost pikachu.... I mean... what if the ghost pokemon were actually people who were in the mart when it got destroyed by the tapu? The pikachu/mimikyu being a real ghost pikachu trying to hold on to its past?

I may be overthinking it, but it is a little dark.

I beat the pokemon league and now I'm just going around catching the Tapus and then the UBs.

Tapus are taking a while because I'm being particular about what kind of pokeballs they go in.

Tapu Fini sucks because of her aqua ring.

I SRed until I caught Lunala in the one moon ball you get in the game. WORTH IT. Too bad there isn't a sun ball to put Solgaleo in...

Now that I'm done the main story, I have to say it was a nice change of pace to shake up the formula.

The only complaint I have is that it kind of held your hand the whole way. Didn't really encourage exploring like the old games did. I wish they could have made modes or something, like a beginner and veteran mode. One that tells you were to go and stuff, and one that doesn't.

Then, there's Gengar.

Ghost is lonely, decides to kill others to be less lonely. Seems legit.

The RotomDex seems to have a ghost typed bias.

I feel like a lot of the dark Dex entries are just Rotom messing with the player.

I feel like a lot of the dark Dex entries are just Rotom messing with the player.

Maybe, but he was also chicken about going in the abandoned megamart.

And I'm like Rotom, seriously YOU ARE A GHOST.

So he may be serious about what he says and not just pranking.

(as in, he is too scared of things to want to scare others)

I love that guy though, he's like a less annoying Navi.

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

Finished the game with my desired team. Rather satisfied that no one carried me the way through the E4, heck, Lunala didn't really do much save for some Moonblasts. I'm barely overleveled (max. lv 59-60) as well, which is a nice note to end on. I only had 5 revives on me, and every member played an equal part.

Team was Decidueye, Gumshoos, Salandit, Golduck, Kommo-o and of course Lunala. All of them have nicknames, but I'll just not say.

Edited by Kraz

While on the topic of Pokedex entries, let's talk about Araquanid:

Sun » It delivers headbutts with the water bubble on its head. Small Pokémon get sucked into the bubble, where they drown.

Moon » Despite what its appearance suggests, it cares for others. If it finds vulnerable, weak Pokémon, it protectively brings them into its water bubble.

The only two possibilities I can think of here are:

1. "Oh poor thing let me - wait I forgot you can't breathe water oops"

2. "DO NOT WORRY SMALL CHILD FOR I SHALL TAKE IT UPON MYSELF TO END YOUR SUFFERING BY ANY MEANS POSSIBLE"

I have sun and I caught the wimpod 4 days ago and it has not respawned for me since

my sister has moon and she keeps catching wimpods, they respawn for her every 5-10 minutes

can someone tell me what's going on with wimpod

Just became the champion and captured tapu koko. I really think the idea of trials simply suits the story more naturally than gyms, at least this story. Great decision on that, GF. It's... interesting how they gave everybody a variety of facial expressions except for the main character, who seems devoid of any emotion. I guess they did that so it won't feel like the game is dictating what you feel like?

Spoiler below, only read if you've already had the credits rolling.

So... I wonder... I picked the male character and multiple times I got the impression Lillie feels more than friendship for the main character... what happens if you pick the female character? Does Lillie become lesbian? (not that I would have problems with that...) And in the end it's implied that Hau loves Lillie... did they really have to put up that triangle? I'm sorry, Hau, but Lillie is MINE and she will always be. I was the one who saved Nebby multiple times and even saved her mother! She even gave me Nebby (I kept it as my Solgaleo's nickname) and her doll!

My team as of right now:

- Decidueye

- Greninja

- Salazzle

- Solgaleo

- Zygarde

- Tapu Koko

Other pokémon that I'm still willing to train:

- Vulpix

- Absol

- Sylveon (member of my team until I caught Tapu Koko, did a great job aiding me in battle)

- Growlithe

- WHERE MY TYPE: NULL AT? D:

- WHERE MY TYPE: NULL AT? D:

This is the only spoiler I looked up because I really wanted to have it on my team, too.

Apparently you get it at the Aether Foundation after beating the game, which has really annoyed me because I wanted to actually USE it during the story, but making it a post-game-only Pokemon makes it only useful as a collector's item or if you're a competitive battler, which I'm not :|

Edited by CharonDusk

This is the only spoiler I looked up because I really wanted to have it on my team, too.

I got accidentally spoiled looking for type:null as well... oh well.

Current team is

Brianne the Primarina

Sun the Raichu

Lilo the Marowak

Ladd the Pangoro

Ryuko the Skarmory

Last one will hopefully be an executor, probably gonna call him Greg.

If it's really spoilerish then I guess I'll find out myself... xd.png

If I can't find it I'll see what you said there.

I think I do have an idea where it's going though...

Spoiler: I checked out the notes on Type: Null in Lab A, after all.