LadyNightshade

Pokemon Sun and Moon

Omg yes. I think those leaks are rather Farfetch'd if you ask me

Did somebody say user posted image?

lol, Seriously though, I'm happy to start with either Rowlet or Popplio at this point. Litten is adorable beyond belief, but it'll take me a while to get used to its final form (if at all) if the leak proves to be true. This won't be the first region where I dislike the fire type. I love Turtwig and Piplup's cute, but I really didn't care for the Chimpchar line.

Interesting, those fish were on that "leaked" pokedex list, even with the note that the evolution is a single fish incorporating a school of many fish.

Serebii says it's a forme change and not an evolution, though. It's the execution that I'm really impressed with. (Look at all those eyes!!) And it's not an incredibly obscure concept, so it could've just been a guess.

Serebii says it's a forme change and not an evolution, though. It's the execution that I'm really impressed with. (Look at all those eyes!!) And it's not an incredibly obscure concept, so it could've just been a guess.

it could have been

So apparently there's a new theory going around the Team Edge Skull are actually based on pirates.

I hope not. There's no improving on the real pirates of the Pokemon world.

Edited by CharonDusk

So apparently there's a new theory going around the Team Edge Skull are actually based on pirates.

Team Aqua in AS reminded me of Pirates if I'm honest

Team Aqua in AS reminded me of Pirates if I'm honest

Team Aqua are best pirates. But Team Magma are still best team.

Then again, Aqua were based more on the "traditional" idea of pirates, while these guys could be based more on modern pirates.

Edited by CharonDusk

Several in the anime, but of course that isn't game universe canon.

Another new... "interesting" pokémon has been announced!

"Another new image has come from CoroCoro. This image showcases another new Pokémon but doesn't provide many details about it including type, classification and so forth. This Pokémon is called Namakobushi and is said to be able to send its insides out from its mouth and use as a fist. We'll provide full details on this Pokémon as and when they come" -Serebii

user posted image

Looks like a sea cucumber! Google translate tells me Japanese for sea cucumber is namako, so it seems likely. It is beautiful and perfect.

But sea cucumbers are shaped like cucumbers... I've never seen one with a rabits tail before either :/

Ehh, in my experience, they're usually shaped like lumps with spikes, and I've eaten one so I should really know.

Okay, I actually can't sleep now because of how perfect this lil baby is. Its butt fluff actually more resembles the tentacles on the mouth end of a real sea cucumber, so although I'm not, like, a sea cucumber expert, I'm pretty sure what the reference is here. Sea cucumbers are one of those creatures with a cloaca, which is basically an omnipurpose orifice, with everything that description implies. So in this guy's case, in addition to breathing and expelling waste and all that jazz, it also pukes out a fist made out of its own internal organs to attack things with.

Like... this is it. We have reached perfection. A weird biology reference with an even weirder and distinctly Pokemon-y twist, in a simplified but very recognizable creature design. If I could choose one Pokemon to base an inexplicable amount of merchandise on, this would be the one. You know those novelty toys whose eyes pop out when you squeeze them? Imagine those, except with namakobushi, and an intestine fist. The potential is limitless. I hope it evolves and remains this incredible.

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

But sea cucumbers are shaped like cucumbers... I've never seen one with a rabits tail before either :/

I've never seen a sentient sandcastle, a dog that can spit fire or a rat that can electrocute people.

This is Pokemon, not real life. Artistic liberties are to be expected tongue.gif

Too true charon.

But I've swum with sea cucumbers... and they are shaped like cucumbers, hence the name. The only one which looks a little different was the tiger cucumber which had bright orange spots and if you poked it would jet out sticky dreadlocks as a defense mechanism all over its body.

Mm, maybe it's a cultural thing? I don't know, but the sea cucumbers I've seen have never resembled land cucumbers to me.

This is a Japanese sea cucumber, which I really can't think of a way to accurately describe other than "lump with spikes".

And I totally forgot that there actually are sea cucumbers that expel their guts to fend off predators. How could I. The fist thing is still A+, though.

Just google sea cucumber, everyone is shaped like an actual cucumber, some have spikes some have spots but they're not blobs.

Could be, do you know where its found cause if its found near hawaii or other tropics it'd be pretty reasonable assumption... looks a bit like a pig to me with that weird nose/mouth thing.

Sea Pigs live deep in the Abyssal areas and have supposedly been found all over the world. So it's possible there could be some near Hawaii or other such tropical areas.

Aside from the sea pig, sea cucumbers have always reminded me more of hagfish than cucumbers.

I wish they'd reveal the final evos for the starters already ;^; also I hope we get a new eevee evolution this gen.

Sea pigs live at the abyssal plains of the Altantic and the Pacific. Typically at depths of 3000 to 5000 feet. Hawaii most certainly reaches those depths (reaching as deep as 18,860 feet at the deepest part) so I would assume they live there. Perhaps it would evolve into a pokémon based off a species of sea cucumber that IS actually shaped like a cucumber?

Aside from the sea pig, sea cucumbers have always reminded me more of hagfish than cucumbers.

I wish they'd reveal the final evos for the starters already ;^; also I hope we get a new eevee evolution this gen.

I am hopeful they do the dragon type Eevee evolution

In a trailer, we already saw an Eevee in the Pokedex with little icons for the evolutions and there were only enough icons for the Eeveelutions from prior generations. So I'm pretty sure we're not getting another one.

Edited by TheCompleteAnimorph

It doesn't mean we won't get one. In my great and humble opinion, I think they should have released a Dragon Eeveelution alongside the Fairy Eeveelution

If they DID do a new Eeveelution, it would probably be something to act as a counterpart to Sylveon. So Dragon, fighting, steel or poison.

I don't think they will, sticking to the "No eeveelutions in odd-number gens" started in gen 3, but it'd be awesome if we did.

Or GameFreak have thrown that to the wind and not only will we get an eeveelution each generation, we'll get a completely random type. tongue.gif

Edited by CharonDusk