LadyNightshade

Pokemon Sun and Moon

It's called Tortunator...?

When I get one, I'm calling it Terroriser. Or Arnie.

Whenever I look at the new pokemon's name all I can think of is "The Terminator" or the "Termin-turtle". I don't know why, it's just the name I guess xd.png

I've been stalking everything for a while, but never took a good look at any of it. My little-est brother and I sat down and looked at it all earlier this morning and I'm really stoked about it! Can't say much for him though, he was only bouncing off the walls screaming "omigodIwantTHEGAME NOOOW" wink.gifxd.png

And no Dolphin yet.

I'm going to cry if they don't add one

Apparently explosion turtle is based on this super weird real-life turtle. I had never heard of it until today and I'm glad it exists.

I actually really don't want a dolphin Pokemon, but since the region is based on Hawaii I'm basically just sitting here waiting for my worst nightmare to arrive at this point.

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

Apparently explosion turtle is based on this super weird real-life turtle. I had never heard of it until today and I'm glad it exists.

I actually really don't want a dolphin Pokemon, but since the region is based on Hawaii I'm basically just sitting here waiting for my worst nightmare to arrive at this point.

I'm trying to remember where I've seen that thing before. It was either on one of those countdown shows on Animal Planet or at the zoo I went to in 2nd grade, but I remember saying it was one of the coolest things I saw there. smile.gif

I would like to see a Dolphin pokemon too. I think it'd be neat to finally have one of those. I mean we have shark pokemon and we have whale pokemon, why not a dolphin?

Edited by Syiren

Explosion turtle is great and I love its goofy face. I always liked how Mawile essentially faced away from the opponent during combat due to its anatomy, and it's cool to see another Pokemon with that gimmick.

It is the second Pokemon that does that, but you left out Mega Sceptile. So would that be two and a half because Mega Sceptile is a temporary evolution, but it still does it.

Mostly just the Pokemon from the CoroCoro reveal a while ago, but also a punch crab. I hope it draws some inspiration from mantis shrimp, because I've wanted a mantis shrimp Pokemon forever.

The sandcastle ghosts' mouths go all the way through their body!! Aaaaaah I love it. And Stufful seems to have a tag. It's a lil bear plushie that evolves into a bear costume.

Pokemon is great and I'm excited for gen 7, I scream into the sky for the 1943724th time

Starting to take a liking to the sandcastles. unsure.gif

The crab is.....ehhhh. Looks kinda weird.

The tag on Stuffel probably says "Approved by pedobear!" or something. tongue.gif

Okay, I'm not a fan of Bewear, but that pre form though, it's cute. wub.gif

And that crab fighter, the way its eyes are reminds me a little of the Rocky movies.

Hawaii is in the middle of an area renowned for Pacific dolphin diversity, so it would be amiss if something Cetacean was not included.

So I have a neat little theory that is totally not gonna happen. We've seen that Drampa is a dragon with a pretty Easternesque appearance, and the new dragon is a turtle. What if we got 2 more pokemon that represented the cardinal directons in Chinese folklore? We have the "dragon", we have a "turtle" all that is missing is the phoenix and the tiger. I think that would be a pretty neat little thing if it were to happen.

Litten's final evolution WILL be a tiger. Chinese zodiac is what fire type starters are based off, dragon, rat (not completely obvious in the evolved forms (hardly notable at all) but still), chicken (rooster), monkey, pig. The only option for litten to evolve into is a tiger. I don't see it evolving into a dog, ox, rabbit, snake, horse or goat at least...

As for the Phoenix, might happen. Nothing special about that.

Edited by Felixr2

Litten's final evolution WILL be a tiger. Chinese zodiac is what fire type starters are based off, dragon, rat (not completely obvious in the evolved forms (hardly notable at all) but still), chicken (rooster), monkey, pig. The only option for litten to evolve into is a tiger. I don't see it evolving into a dog, ox, rabbit, snake, horse or goat at least...

This is Pokemon. Litten evolving into something not a cat wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Also, we already have 3 fire birds (two legends, one not), at least one of which is directly inspired by a Phoenix, so I kinda doubt there being another one. But again, wouldn't be surprised if they did.

I kinda meant that Drampa, Tortunator, and the supposed other 2 pokemon of my theory would become a new "family" like the Nidos, Electabuzz and Magmar, that kinda thing. But it is just a personal theory, would love to see an electric tiger, and maybe a water phoenix? I dunno.

Edited by dragontamer44722

Why does everyone keep citing the Chinese zodiac?? Cyndaquil is a shrew and Typhlosion is a honey badger. Besides, I'm really skeptical that the starters follow any kind of theme at all, especially one that would lock them in to a certain number of generations. I mean, I'm expecting Litten to be a tiger anyway because it's got the stereotypical face marking, but seriously.

Even if we assume the theme is Chinese zodiac, the cat's usually considered the honorary 13th because most myths detail that the cat also participated in the race but lost. It could just not change species.

Edit: I somehow forgot about the Fennekin line too. What's the argument there, they're secretly rabbits? :V

Edit: I somehow forgot about the Fennekin line too. What's the argument there, they're secretly rabbits? :V

I think the argument is that fox = dog.

I think the argument is that fox = dog.

Yes.

Also, Cyndaquil's category is the "Fire Mouse Pokémon".

And litten already has stripes, and jumping to the honorary 13th before the first 12 have been used seems odd to me.

Edited by Felixr2

Personally I don't think the evolutions have any sort of link to each other specifically because of the Fennekin line, but everyone has their own thoughts. Does anyone remember how long it took Nintendo to reveal the evos for gen 6? I know they were leaked early but when was it official? It seems like they are taking their time with this one.

Why does everyone keep citing the Chinese zodiac?? Cyndaquil is a shrew and Typhlosion is a honey badger.

Cyndaquil is literally called the fire mouse Pokemon. Not shrew, not badger. Mouse. Yes, they draw inspiration from those animals, but why call it a mouse if not for a reason? (Other than a mistranslation).

As for the "not following a theme and limiting the generations" thing, when you look at the starters they do seem to follow themes;

Grass = All related to reptiles except Chespin

Fire = Chinese Zodiac but Fennekin is debated

Water = All amphibious creatures but no purely water dwellers

Granted, without official confirmation from Game Freak or Nintendo, this is really fan speculation.

As for the Chinese Zodiac thing limiting the generations, as I've said, it's fan speculation. Maybe they're following a theme, maybe not. If they ARE, Chespin and Fennekin show they're still willing to deviate from them, and the Chinese Zodiac thing could've been created initially when they had no idea how long Pokemon would even last.

Either way, if people want to speculate and have fun doing so, let them. Only official confirmation could have a final say.

I'm mostly just baffled that these specific theories have so much traction. There are plenty of possible theories for starter themes that don't involve bending over backwards to justify why certain ones fit into the pattern. Hey, here's two I made up just now! Fire starters are warm-blooded animals (except charmander, which doesn't matter because dragons are fictional and could be warm-blooded for all we know)! Water starters all have three toes on at least one appendage! Maybe all grass-types are reptiles, but the brown ones are just exempt from that pattern, I don't know.

And there being no purely aquatic water-type starters feels like common sense to me, tbh, since starters are going to be featured heavily in promotional materials and anime, and it'd be difficult to justify a Pokemon based purely on fish walking around. And even if they made one, there are probably going to be fans arguing that since it can walk, it's based on a lungfish, and is thus semi-aquatic :VV

A direct falsification of the third theory: rowlet. Also, I assume you mean the Chespin line by the brown ones? The only chinese zodiac animal that is not warm-blooded, except for dragons which, as you said, we don't know of certainly, is the snake. And Popplio, while it doe look like it has three finger bones in each front fin, doesn't actually have three toes/fingers on any appendage. All these theories are interesting indeed, but I don't think they are any better than the Chinese zodiac one.

Also, the Chinese zodiac one is given much attention because you can actually base stuff off of it, with your theories you can't really do anything except for see if the rule has been followed when a new starter of that type has been released, which isn't really as interesting.

Edited by Felixr2

A direct falsification of the second theory: rowlet.

I apologise if I'm not reading this correctly, but how is Rowlet disproving the "grass starters are related to reptiles" theory?

Nintendo direct has revealed some new things in a new trailer today, including two new Alolan Pokemon (one directly and one indirectly), though the way the woman was pronouncing the Pokemon's name was rather irritating.

Also, Snorlax has suddenly become more terrifying.