LadyNightshade

Pokemon Sun and Moon

It doesn't seem to be permanent night rather than just 12 hours ahead (so when it is day time in your part of the world, the game is night, and vice-versa).

That's the impression I got too. It's actually kinda cool when you think about it.

Raticate needs to be condemned.

They made Rattata really adorable but...Raticate looks like he decided to have a butt for a face

I thought the exact same thing. Ratatta is adorable, but I won't be evolving mine. Same with Beware's pre evo. Just....no.

As for Jangmo-o, I believe he'll claim the last spot on my team. Right between the Surfing Raichu (so awesome) and the Ice-fairy Ninetails. wub.gif

I'm really fond of Type: Null! It's one of the coolest pokemon revealed so far I think. That being said, I noticed something interesting about it too

The spike design around its neck looks similar to the spike thing around Arecus' body. Team Aether, who created Type: Null, have Arceus' color scheme and motif to their outfits. So i'm thinking..is Type: Null meant to be a failed recreation of Arecus? It is a chimera though so maybe it takes influence from Arceus and other pokemon to become the "ultimate pokemon"? I dunno I could be way wrong on this but it is interesting to think about it

Wow, aerolyx, that... actually really makes a lot of sense. Also, if any pokémon were to be affiliated with aether, it'd be Arceus (and maybe the creation trio, but they were created by Arceus so...).

"This Pokémon wearing a mask has been dubbed “Null,” meaning nothing. The shapes of its front and hind legs are clearly different. The reason is that Type: Null was constructed to synthesize the strengths of various Pokémon, enabling it to adapt to any situation. The mask fitted to Type: Null’s head is a piece of equipment designed to control its latent powers. It’s extremely heavy, so it also serves to hinder Type: Null’s agility. To complete a certain mission, there was need of a Pokémon powerful enough to rival those Pokémon often spoken of in mythology."

This means that the arceus like ring around his neck is just part of it's mask. However, the only installment in alola (that we know of) that seems capable to create something like this is the Aether Foundation, so the arceus like ring does imply an even heavier relation to arceus. I also think that if this one is dubbed "Null", there may be variants of other types that also have a Type: X name... Also look at the last line: "There was need of a pokémon powerful enough to rival those pokémon often spoken of in mythology." This basically implies it was designed to defeat legendaries, and has to wear his mask so he doesn't get out of control. Now why would a pokémon loving organization create a synthetic pokémon just so they have something that can defeat legendaries? That seems highly suspicious to me. I also feel like Type: Null might be the first (and failed) attempt at creating an Ultra Beast...

None of you are mentioning how They snuck Pokémon Snap into the game.

Oh really?

Taking Photos - Not sure if hint that Snap sequel/remake is on the way, or if this is Nintendo crushing our dreams....

It doesn't seem to be permanent night rather than just 12 hours ahead (so when it is day time in your part of the world, the game is night, and vice-versa).

We've had a shortage of symbols in names since Mr. Mime. Now it seems they are embracing the punctuation AND spacing, with Tapu Koko and Jangmo-o.

Porygon 2, Porygon-Z and Mime Jr. also exist!

There's a new trailer posted on serebii and it shows a person who is pretty much Professor Oak:

Serebii has confirmed it's not the Professor Oak we know, it's actually his cousin, Nariya Oak.

Looks like studying Pokemon runs in the family.

None of you are mentioning how They snuck Pokémon Snap into the game.

Um...

POKEMON SNAP IS BACK!

I believe that was two pages back. It's one of the best things I've seen for the games so far, aside from the new pokemon that is.

Serebii has confirmed it's not the Professor Oak we know, it's actually his cousin, Nariya Oak.

Looks like studying Pokemon runs in the family.

As well as Gary Oak from the anime who said he'd become a professor just like his grandfather after Ash beat him in the Johto League.

Edited by Syiren

Porygon 2, Porygon-Z and Mime Jr. also exist!

Yes that is true, although I wouldn't count Mime Jr. personally. I forgot that Porygon-Z had a hyphen.

There's a new trailer posted on serebii and it shows a person who is pretty much Professor Oak:

i love that trailer but more importantly i love that background music where can i get it...

We got some new scans.

Rockruff has two forms for his evolution, day and night (night looks a bit like zoroark)

Also got two new game exclusive ultra beasts; Expansion (Sun) and Beauty (Moon)

Also it looks like the alola forms might be coming to Pokemon Go.

We got some new scans.

Rockruff has two forms for his evolution, day and night (night looks a bit like zoroark)

Where's the dang dolphin? I'm going to kill Nintendo if the don't do a dolphin D:<

I like both of Rockruff's evolutions (especially the day one, the night resembles Zoroark, which is not bad, but kinda unoriginal). The ultra beast Expansion seems to be a mosquito with steroids, lol

This coro coro was rather disappointing, they should have told us rockruff evo's type(s) too. Also, I could careless about the ultra beasts, when I look at them all I see is a gimmick that may or may not carry over to the next gen of future games. But we're due to get new news in 2 days so here's hoping something a bit more "eventful" is revealed

Ooh UB-2 Definitley looks like Lusamine.

AND OMG EDIT: At 1:35 it's Lillie!!

Whoa...that video is amazing. And the scenes with Solgaleo and Lunala...that was some Final Fantasy quality graphics there! blink.gif

Okaaaay.....the new two UBs....the Beauty one is....not too bad. Reminds me of a sea creature. The Expansion one looks really weird, like it belongs in a different series.

And I swear, if it turns out we can only get the Midday Rockruff in Sun, I am gonna be really mad, because the Midnight form ain't cutting it for me.

Okaaaay.....the new two UBs....the Beauty one is....not too bad. Reminds me of a sea creature. The Expansion one looks really weird, like it belongs in a different series.

And I swear, if it turns out we can only get the Midday Rockruff in Sun, I am gonna be really mad, because the Midnight form ain't cutting it for me.

You should be able to get it in Moon. Remember there is a twelve hour difference between the two games

I'm so glad we have a proper wolf pokemon now! eue ♥

If we can catch Ultra Beasts, my UB-02 Expansion will be named Larry (the Lobster).

I hope we can catch ultra beasts because I really like that jellyfish one T.T

Just give me all the ultra beasts. And Rockruff's midday evolution. And Type: Null. And Solgaleo. Hmm, gonna be my team. xd.png

But no, I'll pick one ultra beast so I can also use my starter and Jangmo-o (especially if it really is the pseudo). If we can't catch ultra beasts... probz gonna be marshadow. I like me some good legendaries. xd.png

We got some new scans.

The arrows are going from pokémon go towards alolan forms. It is a possibility that they intend to say the forms are coming to GO, but wouldn't it be cool if you could get the normal forms of the pokémon by sending them over from GO to Sun/Moon? Would be a great explanation as to why they're all gen 1...