LadyNightshade

Pokemon Sun and Moon

psst it's weak to fairy now

Oh, lol, didn't notice the type chart I was referring to did't include the fairy type... but still pretty op, like, a resistance, three immunities and only one weakness. Which isn't even a 4x weakness.

I wish we could have gotten a fire starter that truly remains on all fours. There's nothing about being a quadruped that would make it any less powerful, and would only make its design more sought after.

Why is everyone jumping to conclusions about this Pokémon not being quadruped? To me, Serebii is the best place for information and I won't believe anything any other site until it is confirmed by Serebii.

At this point most people credit it because it features character designs before they were officially revealed by Game Freak.

Edited by Ashywolf

At this point most people credit it because it features character designs before they were officially revealed by Game Freak.

I'm still going to wait till Serebii has them then

at this point my favorite of the starters is popplio now which is the exact opposite of before

I was firmly Litten, but if these turn out to be real (even though I hope they aren't, which would be a loss for Riwlet and Popplio), I'm switching to Camp Rowlet. Maybe Popplio.

Please don't make me break my "Always start a new gen with Fire" tradition, Nintendo/Game Freak....

I normally don't trust leaks either, but one of the characters that was released was shown on the leak of the starter evolutions. THAT'S why people are saying they are real because it's a huge coincidence that a character shown in the leak was posted on serebii. It gives the leaks credibility.

I'm on neither camp for the starters, though I'll keep my Litten as a Litten. I'm still hyped for the games but my interest in the starters dropped to pretty much nothing. Once the games are released I'll get used to them, I always do eventually.

Edit: someone already pointed it out but oh well.

Edited by Storm_Dragoon

Yeah... If that leak is real then I'm switching to Rowlet. STOP MAKING BIPEDAL WRESTLER FIRE STARTERS. It would be weird to see a male Popplio with that final evo design, though- especially considering that starters are 75% male.

Why is everyone jumping to conclusions about this Pokémon not being quadruped? To me, Serebii is the best place for information and I won't believe anything any other site until it is confirmed by Serebii.

I don't know what's confirmed, I just assumed it was because my youtube recommendations had lit up with nothing but the same leak for it.

I just hope the Popplio final evo isn't legit. Yeah, it makes it look more female, but nope. It looks more like a fusion between Dewgong and Milotic. I love both of those pokemon, but combined? eh...

I'm still sticking with Rowlet. It is a hard choice, because all starter basic forms are cool and cute, but that little owl is sticking out for me.

I'm gonna pick rowlet just because 1. It starts off with a new move, and 2. it's a grass/flying type before it's even evolved, and that's a prett great type combination for a starter.

I normally don't trust leaks either, but one of the characters that was released was shown on the leak of the starter evolutions. THAT'S why people are saying they are real because it's a huge coincidence that a character shown in the leak was posted on serebii. It gives the leaks credibility.

I'm on neither camp for the starters, though I'll keep my Litten as a Litten. I'm still hyped for the games but my interest in the starters dropped to pretty much nothing. Once the games are released I'll get used to them, I always do eventually.

Edit: someone already pointed it out but oh well.

NO! IT CAN'T BE TRUE. SEREBII NO

NO! IT CAN'T BE TRUE. SEREBII NO

Serebii confirmed it true? Where?!

Plz no.

Serebii hasn't confirmed it true. I check the news multiple times every day. It also wasn't mentioned. I don't know why they don't tho, because they did mention the leak of one of the trailers a day before it would be revealed. But then again, instead of looking at what bad news this leak brings, look at the bright side. It mentions we'll get new forms for furfrou (I don't see Furfrou live in Alola tbh, so much fur in such a hot place, so maybe we can go to another place in the postgame?), a cat pokémon whose type differs by BREEDING and heck, even the possibilty that the starters have two final evos each, meaning you won't be bound to have any of those. I also like the idea of Ash-Greninja being in the game.

I am at least glad we didn't get syncro evolution, the concept just sounded silly. I guess Z moves replaced it which I don't have many opinions on, I just hope it's not going to be like megas where you HAVE to use them in competitive play because that's going to turn every battle into spamming the same move for each pokemon. At least megas are diverse. Speaking of which wonder if they've come out of artists block and given us a mega flygon this game?

The cat that changes type depending on parent COULD make me forgive litten...maybe...not likely. Cat pokemon are never strong. sad.gif

Serebii hasn't confirmed it true. I check the news multiple times every day. It also wasn't mentioned. I don't know why they don't tho, because they did mention the leak of one of the trailers a day before it would be revealed. But then again, instead of looking at what bad news this leak brings, look at the bright side. It mentions we'll get new forms for furfrou (I don't see Furfrou live in Alola tbh, so much fur in such a hot place, so maybe we can go to another place in the postgame?), a cat pokémon whose type differs by BREEDING and heck, even the possibilty that the starters have two final evos each, meaning you won't be bound to have any of those. I also like the idea of Ash-Greninja being in the game.

Oh, okay, phew. I'm glad smile.gif

Serebii hasn't confirmed it true. I check the news multiple times every day.

https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/760126149477408768

This is why he's not posting the starter evolutions. If he posts any information that hasn't been released then he's at risk of a Cease and Desist order. Serebii ended up getting nailed a few years back with a C&D order and doesn't want to risk it again.

One thing, someone mentioned to me Exeggutor's new form does make a whole lot of sense. If you refer back to the Pokemon lore, Exuggutor, if it gets a whole lot of sunlight, grows taller. And back in Gen 1. the Safari Zones housed not only some of its regions Pokemon, but Pokemon that weren't native to Kanto. Chansey, Tauros, Lickitung, Lickitung, Scyther, Pinsir, and Exeggcute could be only found in the Safari Zone. Makes me wonder what region these Pokemon originally came from

If I am wrong on anything, forgive me, I am just referring to what my friend said

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

The only mistake i found was that you listed Lickitung twice. I have never played the gen 1 games so I wouldn't know about the rest tho. On one of the artworks shown in the last trailer there was a different colored Tauros (also different from shiny tauros), so maybe that hints at an Alolan Tauros.

Was lickitung in the safari zone? Thought it was a trade-only deal.

Was it? Oops :/

In the Japanese version of Blue, Lickitung was only available in the safari zone. In the international version, it was changed to trading only.

At least, according to Serebii. ^-^ Strange that there is a difference like that. xd.png

That's odd! I never knew that.

Does anyone have a screenshot or video link to this tauros that people are discussing?

It was the recent release with Z moves.

video goes into it a bit.

However, if you go to the

at 2:59, you see that Tauros still has it's grey/dark brown mane. It may look a little lighter, however it still the same, in my opinion.

Thanks! I stumbled across it while watching the trailer again. It is odd that it is shown normally in the gameplay. A white-maned variant for snowy regions doesn't sound out of place, though.

People seem to be taking the Alolan forms relatively well, so long as you discount the Exeggutor jokes, definitely better received than mega evolution was.

When you think about it, the whole concept of Alolan forms is very realistic. Look at how real life animals can evolve into completely different species when put in different environments for long enough periods of time.. I know Pokemon has always delved into this area, but it's nice to see them take it a bit further than normal.

Also, there's more rumours of other Alolan forms, such as a fighting type Abra line and a water Growlithe line. Probably not true, but it's interesting to imagine.

Also, could the fossil Pokemon be a dodo? Not heard anything saying that, but it'd be cool

Edited by CharonDusk