LadyNightshade

Pokemon Sun and Moon

NO I WILL MURDER THEM IF THEY DO

I HOPE I'M WRONG TBH, ANOTHER FIREFIGHTER STARTER IS ALL I HAVE FEARED

fake e: Well that's something at least, even if I'm still very unhappy with the bipedal muscledude look (I cannot read Japanese so I couldn't tell what the type was). Why can't we have a quadrupedal fire starter stay that way for once?

I HOPE I'M WRONG TBH, ANOTHER FIREFIGHTER STARTER IS ALL I HAVE FEARED

NO! If they do that, it'll be decided that I'll be starting off with Rowlet (even though I'll be starting with it anyway).

RANT

NONONO! THEY MADE 3 FIRE/FIGHTING STARTER IN A ROW. THEY BROKE THE CYCLE BY ADDING FIRE/PSYCHIC! DON'T RESUME THE CYCLE! Leave it on all fours and add a stupid Fire/Dark to the mix. Most of the cat pokemon are normal type, except for Purrloin (who is dark)

While I'm at it, ADD A DOLPHIN. I will literally kiss everyone in Nintendo if they do (not that I would) Unless Poplio becomes the Dolphin, but I don't think they'd stray from the sea lion Pokémon.

Litten is NOT going to be fire/fighting, but it COULD be a fugly wrestling toby the tiger furry looking thing.

I feel like I'm unnecessarily angry about this but it's been so long since we had a good fire starter and quite a while since we had cat looking cat pokemon. I fell in love with litten when it was shown and knowing it's probably going to evolve into a crotch thrusting furry with a cat head plopped on top makes me want to cry.

I'm unhappy with edgy furry design too. It had potential to stand out of other fire starters... Hopefully next generation.

Rowlet's final evolution is simply amazing. Looks like a wise owl archer. I'll definitely go with it instead of Litten.

if that leaked litten evolution design is real i want game freak to lower me into my grave when i die so they can let me down one last time

Edited by Switch

I find its design leagues better than those of both Delphox

Shrine maiden oracle fox is amazing, fight me :T

I'm super hyped for that Rowlet and Popplio evo, though.

I have to say, I'm loving all three final forms. I'm disappointed that Litten's final form is on two legs, but it looks so amazing I'm willing to overlook it. I want to see what its battle animations look like.

Rowlet's final form is enough to make me consider not raising Popplio to raise it instead. Sea otter mermaid or Pokemon Kaepora Gaebora? It will be a tough decision.

Popplio's evolution from that leak is really throwing me off because Cure Mermaid, is that you??

I kind of hope these are fake because I like the clumsy baby clown feel that Popplio has and mermaid seal totally throws that away in favour of generic elegance, but if not, I guess I'm naming mine Minami.

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

I honestly don't like any of the leaked starter final forms... they look too human! They're pokemon, meant to be animals.

RANT TIME

If the leaked litten evolution is true I am going to be so freaking angry. Why do they make every fire pokemon bipedal?! Why would they make this cute little cat into a freakin wrestler that does crotch thrusts to attack (yes really), it looks so much like a furry fever dream I am foaming at the mouth. It's tony the tiger on steroids. It's uglier than emboar. WHAT DOES POKEMON HAVE AGAINST QUADRUPED POKEMON. We could have had a sleek, majestic black panther or sabre but not we got ANOTHER wrestler. If this is true I'm actually no longer hyped for S&M, I usually end up picking up pokemon games years after release (they're expensive) but this was the first one I was going to buy on release. But now, if it's true, if they ruined the first starter I've liked in the last 2 generations...screw it. They ruined fenniken. They ruined chespin. I'm sick of it.

END RANT.

Speaking as someone who actually likes the Fennekin line, I have to agree. At least half of the grass and water final evolutions have been either total quadrapeds or can walk either way, but only one fire type has and that seems to be portrayed as a bipedal more often than not.

For me, the problem is consistency. The other two types, when you look at them, are fairly consistent in their themes throughout the generations. But fire seems to go all over the place, even if it's based on the zodiac.....

Also, holy smoke people have been mercilessly making exeggutor jokes xd.png

I like delphox and emboar, but I really would like a proper quadruped fire starter. And I'm just so sick of wrestlers now. I'm probably going to pick popplio if this is real

It looks like they designed litten's evo as fire/fighting and then remembered everyone was sick of that typing so they just slapped fire/dark on it after the fact.

It's still another fire wrestler...

Edited by Switch

Something some of you might find interesting: EDIT: Seems pokejungle gets blocked on the forums, apparently counts as malware, I've viewn the article multiple times since yesterday and I'm not experiencing anything different than usual, so I think it's safe. In the description of

you can find the link to the pokejungle article.

The leak that was also mentioned earilier in this thread gained a LOT of credibility with yesterdays trailer. The supposed concept art of the final evolution of Litten had two people standing sitting near it while it was lying on the ground. One of those looks very similar to Ash, but the other one is where it gets interesting. This lady sitting near the pokémon's legs is a 1 on 1 match with Mallow in appearance. The trailer also seemed to confirm there are no gyms, which is one of the other mentions in the leak. It also got expanded stating types for more alolan forms, seems like they're all going to be gen 1, and stating that Ash-Greninja will be in the game. This could have something to do with Ash being on the concept art. The last thing they added is that there MIGHT be two final evolved forms for each of the three starters.

EDIT 2: Forgot some of the other stuff they also added, like Furfrou getting new styles, a new cat pokémon with different types based on BREEDING, a new two stage Ice/Ghost type snowman evolution line and that the regular forms of pokémon recieving Alolan forms will ONLY be obtainable in sun & moon by transferring them from older games. (RIP Kalos postgame dream?)

Edited by Felixr2

It seems pokejungle is flaring up all the malware detectors right now. I really really hope the starters have too forms, and one of littens is the badass tiger panther sabretooth we all wanted.

Sometimes I wonder whether they actually design it so one starter always has the coolest final evo so that can be the one ash carries around, and then they make the others purposefully ugly (barring first stage)

Well if all those starters are legit I'm never evolving my starter. They are some of the ugliest starters they have ever made. They somewhat ruined Fennekin for me and now they are ruining my favorite starter since Cyndaquil.

I'm hoping they do have two evolution because the ones 'leaked' are terrible.

I personally really like them. Definitely gonna pick Rowlet, cuz, c'mon, it's final evolution is an ARCHER. Hower popplio's final evolution, a water/fairy type siren, is also pretty interesting. For litten, the concept art feels the most "pokémon", but it's honestly my least favorite.

Well if all those starters are legit I'm never evolving my starter. They are some of the ugliest starters they have ever made. They somewhat ruined Fennekin for me and now they are ruining my favorite starter since Cyndaquil.

I'm hoping they do have two evolution because the ones 'leaked' are terrible.

This is why I wait until we have actual proof for the final evolution stages for the starters. I trust Serebii a lot more then I do of Pokemon Jungle (mainly due to the fact they don't leak a whole lot of information). Instead of jumping to conclusions, we should wait till we see what Serebii says.

As for the wrestlers, Blaziken and Infernape were the best fire/fighting Pokemon. They had the moves and Emboar was really of for me, not because it was a boar, but because they made it into a wrestler Pokemon that really wasn't needed. It's a boar so the appropriate typing would have been fire/ground or something while still staying on all fours. Only reason I say this is because Emboar can only learn 1 fighting type move and that's Arm Thrust as it levels up (minus the TMs).

A lot of people are going to be mad if Litten becomes a wrestler, I like Litten because its a cat. I will be mad if they turn this into an unnecessary wrestler Pokemon with the typing Fire/Dark

Speaking as someone who actually likes the Fennekin line, I have to agree. At least half of the grass and water final evolutions have been either total quadrapeds or can walk either way, but only one fire type has and that seems to be portrayed as a bipedal more often than not.

For me, the problem is consistency. The other two types, when you look at them, are fairly consistent in their themes throughout the generations. But fire seems to go all over the place, even if it's based on the zodiac.....

Also, holy smoke people have been mercilessly making exeggutor jokes xd.png

The only fire type I can think of that has the ability to stay on all fours at least part time is Typhlosion. It doesn't appear like it in the games, but I remember an episode which featured one in a battle and at times it was on all fours.

I could have been one of the specials that followed Gold instead of Ash, but it was too long ago for me to remember clearly.

Also, Fenniken is the only one I ever choose for X and Y, my only gripe is having to sit through that unbearable cut scene to SR in order to get a female every time.

I wish we could have gotten a fire starter that truly remains on all fours. There's nothing about being a quadruped that would make it any less powerful, and would only make its design more sought after.

That Exeggutor.....I really want to know what the designers were thinking when they came up with that. I don't care if they gave it a dragon type. It looks so Wrong! I just can't take it seriously.

They made Exeggutor look like an actual palm tree. I seem to be the only one to like it...

Most people seem to like the Exeggutor form actually, it's so bizarre and funny looking you can't help being endeared by it. It's not a disgusting 'gamefreak wtf are you doing' (like the litten evo) but a 'whoa wtf gamefreak how high were you xd.png'

They made Exeggutor look like an actual palm tree. I seem to be the only one to like it...

Actually, I like i. I was never an exeggutor fan, but this has converted me a little bit.

Actually, I like i. I was never an exeggutor fan, but this has converted me a little bit.

biggrin.gif Yay, people who think the same as me! Get ready to use that new pokémon that's actually an old pokémon but now looks goofier and has become week to like a third of third of the types! (one of which is a 4x weakness, he does have three 1/4x resistances and a 1/2x resistance tho, but those are to water, electric, grass and 1/2x to ground, while he's weak to dragon, fairy, bug, flying, poison and 4x to ice)

As cool as a grass/dragon type sounds, it's really not that great a type-combination. Altho Alolan sandshrew and sandslash maybe have it even worse, with a 4x weakness to Fire AND Fighting. Alolan Ninetales really gets away the best with the Ice/Fairy type I think, it may have 4x weakness to steel, but it is immune to dragon types and for the rest, the amount of weaknesses and resistances is equal. Still nothing compared to the Dark/Ghost type tho, which has one weakness (to fairy), one resistance (to poison) and THREE immunities (to normal, fighting and psychic)

Edited by Felixr2

Still nothing compared to the Dark/Ghost type tho, which has NO weaknesses, one resistance (to poison) and THREE immunities (to normal, fighting and psychic)

psst it's weak to fairy now