GoldeenTrix

The Pooty Force!

@Shiny Hazard Sign

Sure! I don't know how slow you want it to be, but here are two different versions:

16 FPS

10 FPS

His wings are a little off because wings actually flap in a circle and not up and down. It's minor, but it's something I'm looking to learn to animate in the future.

@Stella

I don't use any professional stuff, since I'm just playing around. I use an app called Flipaclip and my finger tongue.gif

Edited by GoldeenTrix

oops im really late to the bandwagon aren't i

I want to submit my Pooty!

Username: Lady_Lunevis

Name of Pooty: boukushu-tan

Picture of Pooty: user posted image

sometimes boukushu-tan will change facial expressions:

user posted image

Short Biography: boukushu-tan is not an alien. definitely not. boukushu-tan is a functioning member of society, who contributes by giving excellent philosophical speeches.

Anything else important: poot poot!

- boukushu-tan does not actually speak english, so no one can understand what boukushu-tan is saying.

- you are physically incapable of pronouncing boukushu-tan's pronouns, just use boukushu-tan's name. (it/its works too)

- to communicate, boukushu-tan will wave boukushu-tan's eyebrows around wildly and vibrate.

- lu herself is not sure if she's 100% serious with boukushu-tan tbh

((all i can say is that i'm really sorry))

Edited by Lady_Lunevis

omg i'm laughing so hard ye s : ' D tabs you are a genius <33

rae might suspect the box of being an alien . . . or just a plaything. xd.png

Well if its got a soul then its a living thing.

Rae doesn't nom fellow Pooties but she may sit on them if they are "sittable".

I'm practicing spriting! biggrin.gif

So I did sprite lines for Revaeyah.

If anyone wants a sprite for their own Pooty just let me know tongue.gif

user posted image

ACK! Should have checked back here last night! I'm outside right now, SO I can't update anything, but I will tonight.

I'm practicing spriting! biggrin.gif

So I did sprite lines for Revaeyah.

If anyone wants a sprite for their own Pooty just let me know tongue.gif

user posted image

Eeee eeeeeeuser posted image

It might be a tough one to sprite, though. So if you choose to do this, please do whatever you like.

Hm, I'd say to make sure the lighting is consistent. The fabric reference seems to be lit from the viewer.

Eeee eeeeeeuser posted image

It might be a tough one to sprite, though. So if you choose to do this, please do whatever you like.

Hm, I'd say to make sure the lighting is consistent. The fabric reference seems to be lit from the viewer.

What if the lighting IS from the viewer >;D /plottwist

jk, I see what you mean. I'll see what I can do.

omf springy xenowyrm, that made me giggle xd.png

Someone tell me how close the shading is to satin fabric, like this.

user posted image

Since you asked for critique… ;p

Firstly, satin does not drape in that manner. Perhaps something more coarse and or something lighter would make wrinkles on her back, but satin is smooth and would probably just slide on her fur. The bottom part of the cape would therefore be smooth, maybe with some vertical folds as the fabric drapes from its own weight. Satin kind of drapes like curtains, with the exceptions being if it's pulled tight or pinned/gathered at a spot.

Tabs is onto something, but also, there are several types of satin that have slightly different sheens. From what I see, it's mostly midtones, with a dithered highlight where the folds are high and gradually darker shadows where there are troughs. The overall shading of the form (e.g. near light source is bright, away from light source is dark) isn't really present other than how it defines the placement of the shadows of the folds. Drapey bits.

TL;DR, pay attention to the folds and make the shading softer. biggrin.gif

*boing*

Imma go to bed now, I'll see if I can do Yai and Jacku tomorrow.

Edit: Thanks for the crits guys <3333

user posted image

Edited by Stellaluna22

*boing*

Imma go to bed now, I'll see if I can do Yai and Jacku tomorrow.

Edit: Thanks for the crits guys <3333

user posted image

Eeeeeeeeee

Thanks!

Ah, yes, mine was a quick, not-very-careful critique. It is very important to watch how fabric folds and drapes. And then do lighting to match.

*Bows to Luna* Rae is a good muse, your spriting is just gahhhhh so beautiful, especially since you just started.

But then again I like simple art so I'm biased.

It would be awesome if you could do a Fae

Mage your artness is too confusing

Much vocabulary

So art

Very smartness

Tbh it sounds like when I talk about Smash Bros competitively

Woot! Back home from school!

Update Done!

@FangTail

can you do Netaku going endlessly through portals? that would be funny

Challenge accepted! Though this one will really take a while. I am NOT good with coordinating body movement. I'll have to reference a whole lot of stuff and experiment before I start this one.

@Stellaluna22

Oh wow! I love your sprites! I'm a beginner myself, though I haven't been practicing all that much. I think I'll focus on practicing animation for now...unless........OMG ANIMATED SPRITES. I have to try those some time. Oh yeah, and I didn't add your sprites to the Art list yet. I'll wait till they're finished before doing so. No point in putting unfinished works up there.
Edited by GoldeenTrix

Ooo animated sprites sound cool!

Except Rae is probably not the easiest thing to animate, unless you just keep her still and have her tail wave around.

Ooo animated sprites sound cool!

Except Rae is probably not the easiest thing to animate, unless you just keep her still and have her tail wave around.

Do you mind me Chibifying Rae? tongue.gif

:0

YAS DOOO IIITTT

CHIBI RAE

she would look so deviously cute and evil

(aka I don't mind xd.png)

Edited by Stellaluna22

with Netaku, you could just make him look like hes spinning through portals xd.png IDK why, i just had the idea pop through my head a second ago.