GoldeenTrix

The Pooty Force!

I think you can just trample ahead and do whatever you want since its an art piece, really.

Oh, that's good then. n v n And I guess it's also fine since I already got volunteers that are fine with me drawing their Pooties.

Also, just so you know, the art I'm going to make will be related to Halloween. ~

Holy Guacamole Crackers...

30+ posts in one day, you people are insane...

*Starts shifting through all the posts for things to update and questions to answer*

All newly-submitted Pooties above this post have been added!

Q&A

@Lady_Lunevis

ahh i have a question!!!

since i'm not creative at all and i also can't draw creatures oops is it allowed to draw pictures of other artists' pootys (pooties?? pootys?? english???) without having a pooty of your own, or must you submit one in order to be able to draw others?

Yes! You can draw any of the Pooties even if you do not have a Pooty of your own. So far nobody has said that they do not want fan art of their character, so all Pooties are available for doodling.

@TehUltimateMage

Too much pressure to not change your pooty once it's been posted. DX

I suppose this needs some clarifying. You can edit both the picture of your Pooty and the description whenever you like. But, the character cannot change.

You can give it clothes, armor, face paint, but at the end of the day it's still the same character, and the design must remain the same.

There may be exceptions, like events and things that I'm planning wink.gif

@CottonKatt

Do I have to fill some kind of a form about the idea, though?

Nope, you only need to fill in a form when submitting a Pooty, making an art request or accepting an art request. Any other artwork can just be posted here and I will add it to the list.

If I missed your question or if you still feel confused, feel free to ask again or PM me!

Other kinda important things:

After reading through everything, you guys seem to like the idea of a collaborative Pooty family Photo. That can be done. But to avoid chaos and people adding in their Pooties randomly which would result in 20 different pictures, Pooties will be added in one by one in the order they were submitted. How's that?

Once I make a new drawing and doodle my Pooty in since it's first on the list, I will PM the next person fangtail528 and tell her to add her Pooty. After she's done, she'll PM the next person on the Pooty list and so forth.

Also, I have a Halloween event planned. I won't tell people what it is yet, because I'm working out the details. But look forward to it, it should start about a week before Halloween. wink.gif

Update Complete!
Edited by GoldeenTrix

Aw yiss update hype

But how big the will the image have to be? And what of us with neither digital art skills nor a printer?

After reading through everything, you guys seem to like the idea of a collaborative Pooty family Photo. That can be done. But to avoid chaos and people adding in their Pooties randomly which would result in 20 different pictures, Pooties will be added in one by one in the order they were submitted. How's that?

This sounds like the best option, as it also really avoids the chaos nicely.

But I have one question, though - will there be any kind of a deadline in adding the Pooty?

I'd say maybe 3-4 days each, really depending on what medium your Pooty is.

Pencil and paper drawn Pooties aren't likely to take over a week (I could draw mine in under 2-3 minutes, actually), and digital ones maybe a day or two.

Just my opinion^

Mmmm...how are we going to transfer from paper to digital, though? Scanner? Or do some crazy editing so the paper Pooties have blue lines like they're sketched, kneadable erasers, etc. and then copy and paste it with digital ones?

Yeah, that sounds like a reasonable time. As my Mushu is fairly easy to draw, I'm pretty sure I'd be able to complete a small drawing of her in about two days, if not only one. Depending on the day though.

I'm not sure about the paper ones, but scanner sounds like something. It's still a mystery for those who don't have access to a scanner, though... Hmm.

Hmm...well...perhaps the sketchy type Pooties can be drawn digitally so it looks like this. (AQWorlds Wiki)

Still retaining that digital-ness, of course. And the artist who does it could maybe trace the doodle.

Most of us here do digital art, or at least have a scanner, so the family photo is going to be done digitally. For people who cannot do digital art, the best way would be to draw it on paper, scan it, and then send it to me. I will try to edit it onto the digital family photo as best I can.

For people without a tablet or a scanner, I think it would be best to draw your Pooty in the post you want on paper, and then get one of us to trace over it for you. I'm not sure what other solution there is to this problem for now.

Any other ideas? I won't start the family photo until this is resolved, as I don't want people to be left out.

As for the size of the image, it shouldn't matter all that much. I can add space as needed. That's the beauty of digital art. Need more space? Add more lol.

Edited by GoldeenTrix

Rae just has her dragon skull and tattered cloak. She's light gray-brown and has darker tabby stripes.

THE SKULL MUST HAVE A SCAR

Welp I did some drawings and I'm gonna wait until tomorrow to post em, but I have:

-A couple regular Fae drawings

-Mecha Fae

-Fae gijinka, but only the head cause my bodies are worse than my usual art (Yes, that's possible)

-A Halloween pic with another pooty

-And Fae with the mask off

I want to submit my Pooty!

Username: TehUltimateMage

Name of Pooty: Alton or just "screaming birb" (i'm bad with names)

Picture of Pooty: He's black ink on vellum-based paper (fancy!)

user posted image

Short Biography: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Anything else important: Alton is very small, has no indoor voice and is either very angry or very panicked because of some work deadline or other that Mage has missed. A little backstory: I tried drawing my pooty in class. Drew the face of a screaming bird, then my friend hijacked my notebook and this happened and I love it. XP [Poot poot! Fun fact, I once saw a car with the liscence plate "pootpoot" but it drove away before I could snap a picture D: ]

I'll draw some more art (including gijinkas!) of screaming birb tomorrow, but here is bonus art before i go to bed tonight.

Edited by TehUltimateMage

I want to submit my Pooty!

Username: Shiny Hazard Sign

Name of Pooty: Scribbles the Magical Unicorn Rat

Picture of Pooty:

user posted image

(Click image for larger version)

Short Biography: Though he is the size of most rats, Scribbles has a big heart. He loves giving kisses and cuddles to everyone, and is always determined to make the best out of a bad situation. He especially loves dressing up like comic book superheros and singing jingles from commercials. His favorite places to sleep include sweater pockets and hoods, household potted plants, and stacks of books (the older books the better, because the smell of aged paper puts him to sleep!). Scribbles is particularly skilled at perching on shoulders and squeaking words of encouragement to his friends (and shaking little pompoms as their own personal cheerleader).

Anything else important: Poot poot! As a magical unicorn, Scribbles can change the color of his mane/tail hair at will.

So my earlier suggestion for the sketchy Pooties, and this was what I meant:

(Using Aroara's Jacku and Yai for example)

user posted image

Today was torture, 5 gruelling hours of Chemistry followed by 4 more hours of Liberal Studies.

School, Y U DO DIS.

I hope you guys don't expect me to be super professional with these updates tongue.gif

But anyway...

All artwork and new Pooties have been added!

(And OMG a mod too)

Q&A

@CottonKatt

But I have one question, though - will there be any kind of a deadline in adding the Pooty?

I'd say about a week or two. It might not take long for you to draw it, but sometimes life gets in the way and you just don't have time to draw.Also factoring in the fact that some Pooties may need to be traced or edited in, I say a longer time would be best.

@Stellaluna

Hmm...well...perhaps the sketchy type Pooties can be drawn digitally so it looks like this. (AQWorlds Wiki)

Still retaining that digital-ness, of course. And the artist who does it could maybe trace the doodle.

I was thinking that people without tablets could just draw it on paper like they always do and scan it. I believe I can edit it in without too much hassle. The Pooty will just take a little longer to add to the family photo.

People that don't have scanners can post their Pooty on here in the pose they want when it's their turn. I'm pretty sure one of us will be able to trace it onto the family photo for them. I must request that you use the Art Request form when doing so though, to prevent confusion. I will elaborate more when the project actually starts. There will be a dedicated post to explain how everything works and it will be linked to the OP.

@Dorchadas

I would probably need it traced over but I'm unsure... I'll see when it's my turn to add in.

For now, have some chibi-fae.

Uhh...the link is broken. You might want to fix it so I can add it to the art list ^^;

Update Complete!

Let me know if I missed anything!

Edited by GoldeenTrix

What I suggest is that people who don't have scanners can take a photo of their drawing, and we can just photoshop their pooties in.

(also I realize something funky is going on with my pootie's picture, I'll fix that in a bit)

What I suggest is that people who don't have scanners can take a photo of their drawing, and we can just photoshop their pooties in.

(also I realize something funky is going on with my pootie's picture, I'll fix that in a bit)

The problem with that is that photos often end up drastically different due to lighting and angles. Your Pooty could be dark brown the first time and yellow the next. Of course, if you do not want it traced you can edit your Pooty into the family photo if you know how. It's up to you.

Also, here's the digital version of your Pooty that I promised you Dorchadas biggrin.gif

You said he was fluffy and pure white, so this is how I pictured him. It's a very simple sketch, but I hope you like it.

user posted image

(Click for larger image)

Edited by GoldeenTrix

So my earlier suggestion for the sketchy Pooties, and this was what I meant:

(Using Aroara's Jacku and Yai for example)

user posted image

Sweet! But sorry to be picky, Jacku's horns look more like a hook with a small hook pointing back, they aren't on lined paper, and yai's eyes are completely white.

I'll do his horns when I can.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf