GoldeenTrix

The Pooty Force!

Who goes there? What goes bump in the night? Who did it?

A soft rustle of fur...a soft hissing...then a shriek of surprise.

My dear late lamented lords and ladies, ghosts and ghouls, vampires and werewolves, guests and members, and most of all, Pooties...

Welcome to the Pooty Force Halloween 2015 Quest!

We are embarking on a (potentially) dangerous journey...to complete a noble quest!

user posted image

Pooty is prepared...are you?

Anyone can play! New members or guests, you are of course welcome to play as well!

How to play:

1. Post that you would like to join.

2. Follow the link provided and make choices according to the story

3. Look closely throughout your journey for clues

4. PM GoldeenTrix with your answer when you are done. Title the PM: I solved it!

5. Wait. The winners will be announced on November 7th.

Little reminder: The text is made for a computer, viewing on mobile may make it wonky.

Rules:

1. Do not post your answers in the thread.

2. Do not ask others for the answer.

3. Keep discussion in the thread as spoiler free as possible, label spoilers if they are absolutely unavoidable. Use "[.color=transparent]spoiler here[./color]" (remove dots) if you must!

4. You are now allowed to submit your answer more than once. I will PM back as soon as possible telling you if it's correct or not.

5. Breaking any rules will only cause you to be removed from the participant list.

6. The prizes are IOUs. Please be patient, as the mods raise your prizes.

Prizes:

If you are a current member of The Pooty Force, the prizes you can get are as follows:

Answered correctly before November 5th 12am DC cave time: 6 CB BSA hatchlings of your choice.

Answered correctly before November 7th 12am DC cave time: 4 CB BSA hatchlings of your choice.

If you are playing as a guest:

Answered correctly before November 5th 12am DC cave time: 3 CB BSA hatchlings of your choice.

Answered correctly before November 7th 12am DC cave time: 2 CB BSA hatchlings of your choice.

Please make sure you've read the rules carefully! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

Are you ready, brave soul?

Then begin.

Participant list:

1. TehUltimateMage

2. AroaraAngelwolf

3. Fangtail528

4. Narvix

5. MyaMouse

6. Totallymypassword

Credits:

Many thanks to Stellaluna22 for helping me build up this Event Announcement and providing the War Pooty image!

Many thanks to XiaoChibi and Vrack for helping me proofread the text for the quest!

This event wouldn't have been possible without them, your biggest round of applause please!

Edited by GoldeenTrix

All added up to here! I'm going to bed, so I'll add anyone else that joins after school tomorrow.

I'll spectate..tongue.gif Since I know what happens it wouldn't be fair tongue.gif

Good luck everyone!

I will do the same! Watch out for the spirits! I'm excited to see who wins!

4. Submit your answer only once. You may not change your answer once it has been submitted.

Does this mean we won't know if our answer is right or wrong until after the event?

Pay attention to numbers in the story,

And you may go and find your glory.

Edited by Stellaluna22

I'd like to take a request

Username: XiaoChibi

No. of Request: 1

Payment: n/a

Anything else important: poot poot :'D

Event Announcement

Due to multiple people saying the quest is too hard, and the fact that no correct answers have been recieved, the following rule change will be implemented.

You are now allowed to submit your answer more than once. I will PM back as soon as possible telling you if it's correct or not.

Also, a little hint to push you in the right direction:

Is there some part of the quest that seems...out of place? A little random, and irrelevant? Those unnecessary detours that slowed you down, are they really hindrances?

Or do they contain a vital clue? Look for clues in paths that lead to dead ends or paths that go the long way around.

The cutoff for the largest prize will be moved to Nov. 5th due to the changes in the rules. A very big clue will also be announced on the 5th. So if you want the large prize hurry with your answers,

but if you're having trouble I'm sure the clue that will be given on the 5th will be of great help!

Sorry for the confusion! I hope you're all still having fun!

Edited by GoldeenTrix

… this is proving to be exceptionally difficult.
What

What

Whaaaaat

I'll join but confuse what

Can you say using:

[COLOR=transparent]Spoiler Color[/COLOR]

to tell me what's so confusing? (Or PM me so I can help a little.) When beta reading it I didn't think it seemed too difficult. sad.gif

Edited by Vrack

No nevermind it's good

I had an app that made text bigger 'cause I'm farsighted but it screwed up the gd text so everything was overlapping other things and it looked like 'sword tff of lght' or something but it's good now I deleted it for the time being

I'm not participating. (My murderous Pooty can save itself.) But I just wanna say that all the possessive "it's" are driving me nuts.

I'm not participating. (My murderous Pooty can save itself.) But I just wanna say that all the possessive "it's" are driving me nuts.

I thought I had found them all, sorry. I hope the fact that it sometimes changes to the past tense doesn't screw up your sense of emersion either. (I tried but I probably missed some of the mistakes.) dry.gif

Edited by Vrack

Eh-heh. The good news is that I'm probably the pickiest-about-grammar-person you'll ever meet. wink.gif I enjoyed the story!

whoops, sorry if the it's/its made it hard to read at times ;u;aa i think i remembered them the reverse way until i read this :'D

this is dor's request for dark fae c:

user posted image

edit: made the image a bit smaller.

Edited by XiaoChibi

Eh-heh. The good news is that I'm probably the pickiest-about-grammar-person you'll ever meet. wink.gif I enjoyed the story!

Lol, sorry for all the bloops. Some parts were a little rushed because I was trying to study and write at the same time. It would have been much worse if Vrack and Chibi didn't look it over.

I'll try and correct everything when I have the time. Right now I've got lots of stuff to edit in the first few posts tongue.gif

Everything Updated!

Edited by GoldeenTrix

Has anyone solved it yet? It can't be as easy as The St. Ives riddle? I'll take another look in the morning.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf