TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

Just curious but since new and full phases only last one day do you think the colors could switch tomorrow night instead?

I am off as well tired from a busy day see ya will be back tomorrow for sure night everyone waves.

IF the colors are going to cycle back through bronze and gold again before getting to silvers, I'd have to assume that the silvers would flood for even longer then the blues did. To catch up with the ratios and such. That would be nice.

I do hope they keep this thread open until we've gone through it all though.

If that's true about ratios then I would encourage everyone to enter or participate in the TMB raffle /points at Sig, to help those ratios. Especially as people tend to stop breeding during releases. I think the majority of the eggs in the AP have been CB. Otherwise, the ratios get negatively affected since we're producing fewer of those other commons.

/shameless plug

Anyone have adult Indigos yet? o-o

Mine still have almost a full day before they grow up and I caught them about an hour after blues started dropping.

Mine still have almost a full day before they grow up and I caught them about an hour after blues started dropping.

Yeah, unless someone earthquake'd them there's still almost a full day before adults.

Edit: Not for the first time, I have the irrational urge to breed the blues with papers.

Edited by Gryphonic

Since it has kept working after the moons changed, I'll repost my theory/speculation, adding some dates to it:

Hmmm....

Cirion went from "new" to "waxing gibbous" in abot 3 days, 20 hours.

That would mean (if it has a regular orbit) that it takes about 15 days for it (+- a day) to do one full cycle. Quite the fast little runner, this one !

Aurax on the other hand has been waning ever since the 29th, without reaching new moon yet. Out of that more than 7 full days in a waning crescent. So in a regular orbit that would mean 28++ days for one full cycle. (Same as, or even a little slower than, our moon.)

That said - maybe the ratio is a conveniently exact "2 cycles of Cirion for 1 cycle of Aurax".

And if the silver Heralds really need both moons being gibbous to full, that would mean we'd still have to wait for quite a while to see them, going through the other colours again first.

Let me try to show what I mean. I'll start from a point where both moons are full and going to wane:

A stands for Aurax, C for Cirion, gib for gibbous, cre for crescent (waxing or waning doesn't matter)

New Moon and Full Moon will be listed as crescent and gibbous, respectively, because I don't think they have their "own" day

A gib + C gib = Silver

A gib + C cre = Gold  ----> we started in this window

(Aurax still waning, Cirion reached new moon here)

A cre + C cre = Bronze

A cre + C gib = Indigo/Blue ----> we are in this window now

(Aurax arrived at new moon here, Cirion is full)

A cre + C gib = Indigo/Blue ------> Edit Sept, 10th: we are in this window now

A cre + C cre = Bronze

(Aurax still waxing, Cirion at new moon)

A gib + C cre = Gold

A gib + C gib = Silver

(Aurax is full, having completed one cycle, Cirion is full after completing two cycles in the same time)

Each of these windows is about as long as the time between the release of Bronze and Indigo/Blue, that means 4 days.

That would amount to:

4d Gold

4d Bronze

8d Indigo/Blue

4d Bronze

4d Gold

8d Silver (starting at the 21st)

and back to the start

...and now I can't wait to see if that's right or rubbish ! laugh.gif

I'll assume that the colours of the eggs will always change on 8 pm DC time on the given day.

05. - 13. September: Indigo/Blue

13. - 17. September: Bronze

17. - 21. September: Gold

21. - 29. September: Silver

29. September - 03. October: Gold

03. - 07. October: Bronze

07. - 15. October: Indigo/Blue

Beware ! This is speculation, not knowledge. It just fits the facts that I know so far.

So for now I'll either stock up on some Heralds or continue with my breeding projects. In both cases, if the Silvers surprise me, I can still drop whatever I have there, and go a-hunting then. wink.gif

This is a really cool release, letting one monthly release glide over into the next one without adding too many new breeds of dragons while still keeping some diversity ! Great move, TJ !! (At least I assume that the Silvers will be the September release. Kind of.)

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

I've seen the moon phases have changed. Does that mean that the silvers are dropping now?

Well, at whatever point Silvers may Drop, I certainly hope that we also get a good Flood of them, with enough Dropping thereafter that everyone can get lots... Gorgeous dragons and a very cool concept! smile.gif

NO CHANGE. blink.gif I just missed a lunar herald egg and when I took a look at it, it was blue. I'm puzzled.

Phew!

Glad to hear they're still blue. I actually managed to lock my scroll with hatchies... ^^;;;

Most from the AP.

I *really* shouldn't have gone wandering through the AP... *sigh*

I'm starting to feel like the only one who wants silvers already xd.png

Nah I want silvers too. Mostly because I have a breeding project in mind for these guys, and I can only start it during a silver phase xd.png

Since the new moon and full moon phases didn't change the eggs, maybe once this phase is over we will get silvers.

The gold ones started dropping when both moons were in waning gibbous. The blue ones started dropping when Aurax was in waning crescent, and Cirion in the waxing crescent phase. Now they are:

Aurax: new moon

Cirion: full moon

The only logical idea is that Aurax goes into waxing crescent, and Cirion to waning gibbous, though all this moon phase guessing doesn't go so well for me. sad.gif

Edited by *Silver Fox*

Yeah and from what we've currently seen, Aurax takes a long time to change phase so unless a change in Cirion is all it takes, it's going to be a while until Silvers drop.

Speaking of drops though, there are no Heralds in the Alpine dropping at the moment....

Yeah and from what we've currently seen, Aurax takes a long time to change phase so unless a change in Cirion is all it takes, it's going to be a while until Silvers drop.

Speaking of drops though, there are no Heralds in the Alpine dropping at the moment....

The one I came across and missed was in the volcano, dropping with two more lunar heralds next to it. But only for the initial refresh, they were gone immediately.

Now they are:

Aurax: new moon

Cirion: full moon

The only logical idea is that Aurax goes into waxing gibbous, and Cirion to waning gibbous, though all this moon phase guessing doesn't go so well for me. sad.gif

That should read "Aurax into waxing crescent". smile.gif

The one I came across and missed was in the volcano, dropping with two more lunar heralds next to it. But only for the initial refresh, they were gone immediately.

That was probably me- I got tired of the Alpine and caught 2 from the Volcano instead tongue.gif

I'm actually partly happy that we didn't get silvers just yet. *influencing needs to get off cooldown* I can wait. But it's a bit confusing that they didn't come right after the blues, maybe because it's the nature of the moon cycles. smile.gif

I'm actually partly happy that we didn't get silvers just yet. *influencing needs to get off cooldown* I can wait. But it's a bit confusing that they didn't come right after the blues, maybe because it's the nature of the moon cycles. smile.gif

I think it's because things got too predictable in the cave. The bossman doesn't do predictable.

I think it's because things got too predictable in the cave. The bossman doesn't do predictable.

At least not since the scheduled releases stopped being a thing. tongue.gif And I'm glad, predictable is boring. tongue.gif