TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

It is a time based release, albeit on a much shorter time frame than Seasonals. It is a new time mechanic that breathes new life into the game, IMO.

EDIT: It would not make sense to have them all drop at once. Due to the cycling of the moons, you would have to wait for some of the sprites regardless of when the release began.

Not everyone is going to like it, but from my observation most of the userbase is having fun figuring this out and enjoying the sprites. That's a win in my book.

If it was to take so long to get the silvers, then we should have started on the silvers and not the golds. That would have solved the time issue.

Personally, I've been having a lot of fun trying to figure it out.

Millie, I actually enjoy astronomy and figuring out long term dates like these will be. I think we'll have a lot of fun keeping on top of which color we get when.

Also, I don't know of any reason we can't have a new release in September. Even if we're still figuring out Lunar Heralds we still would enjoy new eggs, and we'd have plenty of time to catch them. Maybe a simpler one though.

definitely a simpler one for Sep i do love to try and figure these dragons out as much as everyone else does it is fun indeed. laugh.gif

I personally LOVE this release. It's a puzzle that needs figuring out, and I'm happy to be a part of it! I'm a patient person, so the waiting doesn't bother me a bit. In fact, I think it just makes it more exciting. These dragons are truly gorgeous. Thanks for responding to the question above and for a truly epic dragon!

I totally agree with you. This has been a lot of fun and I enjoy the challenge of trying to figure it out. Plus being a space nut I love that it has to do with the phases of the moons.

I don't understand why not having a release in September would be so bad, anyways. Until I came back a few months ago, the only DC I knew was one without new dergs every month. tongue.gif I might actually enjoy a break.

This release has been pretty exhausting anyways, even though I /love/ the moon phases mechanic and the dragons themselves.

Edited by weaseldale

You know what would be really funny?

That the Silver Lunars drop for five minutes, and then we have to wait a month before they appear again!  wink.gif

Even better....

The silvers only drop when BOTH moons are in full eclipse! And only on blue moon months, and only when the dates fall on even numbered days! Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!! ninja.gifxd.pngblink.gif

Even better....

The silvers only drop when BOTH moons are in full eclipse! And only on blue moon months, and only when the dates fall on even numbered days! Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!! ninja.gifxd.pngblink.gif

Back when the release first happened, I thought they might be different rarities and it would actually do something like. xd.png

It is a time based release, albeit on a much shorter time frame than Seasonals. It is a new time mechanic that breathes new life into the game, IMO.

EDIT: It would not make sense to have them all drop at once. Due to the cycling of the moons, you would have to wait for some of the sprites regardless of when the release began.

Not everyone is going to like it, but from my observation most of the userbase is having fun figuring this out and enjoying the sprites. That's a win in my book.

Probably I've a problem with focusing my attention for long time without rewards. I do not know enough about the user base but, based on what I read lately, the majority could not care less about the mechanisms. Just about "will a new sprite be dropping soon?, how soon?". That's it. And, at this point, I'm on the same page.

If it was to take so long to get the silvers, then we should have started on the silvers and not the golds. That would have solved the time issue.

Perhaps. Or perhaps we would have had to wait a long time for one of the others. wink.gif

It is not worth stressing out so much over what is a truly beautiful dragon and an interesting release. They will be around and it will be fun figuring out when to catch and breed to get the different colors. I am glad there are people who are actually good at figuring out such things. I will leave it to them and just enjoy!! laugh.gif

Even better....

ohmy.gifxd.png

Now that would be a rare dragon.

I think..right now, we have seen that the high blue percentage=blue eggs, high gold percentage=gold eggs, lower but still dominant gold percentage=bronze eggs, the other possibilities are lower but still dominant blue percentage=silver eggs, or that if both align to being perfectly equal=silver, since they may not be on a same schedule (both every how many days a cycle, one may be x days one may be y days, giving them chance to align at one sign or another). I am hoping for the former, as that would make silvers far less rare.

I think..right now, we have seen that the high blue percentage=blue eggs, high gold percentage=gold eggs, lower but still dominant gold percentage=bronze eggs, the other possibilities are lower but still dominant blue percentage=silver eggs, or that if both align to being perfectly equal=silver, since they may not be on a same schedule (both every how many days a cycle, one may be x days one may be y days, giving them chance to align at one sign or another). I am hoping for the former, as that would make silvers far less rare.

Here's the leading hypothesis. We're all using different words to say it, but we're all essentially saying the same thing. The percentages represent how much of each moon is visible from Valkemare.

> has been substituted for the words "greater than." This includes waxing gibbous, full, and waning gibbous.

< has been substituted for the words "less than." This includes waning crescent, new, and waxing crescent.

>50% Cirion, <50% Aurax = Blue

<50% Cirion, >50% Aurax = Gold

<50% Cirion, <50% Aurax = Brown

>50% Cirion, >50% Aurax = Silver

Edited by Millie_Azure

Even better....

Torture! Torture I say! lol

LadyLyzar, I was well and good addicted to DragonCave before this release, so this hasn't upped my activity very much, but I will say that this release has made me more interested in moons then I ever thought was possible.

I'm just thankful that other people have tables and lists about these different moon phases and are happy to share all those in-depth theories with those of us who can't think straight about it all.

I wanted silvers soooooo bad tonight, but I guess going through another cycle wouldn't be the end of the world. More bronzes and golds to collect!

Eh, we are having a release in September. And if they all dropped at once people would be complaining that they couldn't get a set of each. This is perfect. Plenty of time to hatch a big group before the next come.

Though having seen that summers really are dropping like crazy I think I may nab a few before they go.

Here's the leading theory. The percentages represent how much of each moon is visible from Valkemare.

This is starting to feel more and more likely an explanation, but I'm not ruling out that the 'blue' period is just a day longer than expected and we'll get the silvers tomorrow. If it's not, I'll be reasonably sure I have time to breed/raise other things before I need to clear space for silvers, and our reds and pinks would be grateful for a break!

Here's the leading theory. We're all using different words to say it, but we're all essentially saying the same thing. The percentages represent how much of each moon is visible from Valkemare.

> has been substituted for the words "greater than."

< has been substituted for the words "less than."

Ahhh ok, that makes a lot of sense, that does clarify the theory for me (I had read the theories overview posts a few times, but there was so much content it was hard to wrap my head around it). I think there may be some kind of math possible to figure out what the day-cycle is for each moon, if we know how many days it took for full->new or quarter->new, and times it by 2 or 4 depending on which evidence we had, to figure out what cycles they are. Then we could predict when and how they would line up, and take out some of the wondering. Has that math been done yet?

Ahhh ok, that makes a lot of sense, that does clarify the theory for me (I had read the theories overview posts a few times, but there was so much content it was hard to wrap my head around it). I think there may be some kind of math possible to figure out what the day-cycle is for each moon, if we know how many days it took for full->new or quarter->new, and times it by 2 or 4 depending on which evidence we had, to figure out what cycles they are. Then we could predict when and how they would line up, and take out some of the wondering. Has that math been done yet?

Yes! Shokomon has done a lot of work in getting the ball rolling with data collecting, along with pinkgothic and BananaGummyBear.

There's a GoogleDoc tracking information here, and there's a thread specific to the moon data here!

Eh, we are having a release in September. And if they all dropped at once people would be complaining that they couldn't get a set of each. This is perfect. Plenty of time to hatch a big group before the next come.

Though having seen that summers really are dropping like crazy I think I may nab a few before they go.

I agree. The Xeno drop was amazingly wonderful and fun, but it was sad I could only get at most two of each sprite. I'm not managing to catch many of these but I could if I tried harder, and I think that's the difference. This is nice and relaxed, I feel like I can breathe and also I have time to catch other things or work on some breeding projects now and then too xd.png

Edited by silver_chan

My friend, why would you? There are other awesome eggs to catch or breed. And sleep is more important than anything else tongue.gif

Missing the actual Release is missing a good part of the fun! smile.gif

Also, missing the Flood in this case not only limits catching but sets you back; with the Bronze being hard to catch up until the Flood, (with lag and and a bunch of haywiredless stuff going on) I went from starting with an empty scroll for the gold ones to having eggs spread over a day apart, which was a pain in the rear...

Have you seen any Silvers?

I've only seen two Lunar's drop since the hour drop, didn't catch either. So I don't know if they are dropping or not.

Have you seen any Silvers?

Still on Blues. Looks like Lantean Pegasus's assessment was right. smile.gif

I've only seen two Lunar's drop since the hour drop, didn't catch either. So I don't know if they are dropping or not.

I just bred one and it gave me a Blue. But... isn't midnight not for an hour? Maybe we'll get Silvers then.

For anyone wondering - after a few misclicks, I did snag a Lunar from the Volcano...They're still Blue

Ah, well - maybe tomorrow

I just bred one and it gave me a Blue. But... isn't midnight not for an hour? Maybe we'll get Silvers then.

I do hope you are right i will definitely stay on DC to see for myself like i bet most will. biggrin.gif