TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

Whelp, at least I'll have a chance to dump a misclick. xd.png

I am not chancing it i will make sure that silvers are dropping laugh.gif

Yay my first indigo hatchling got her wings yes yes yes. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited by Laryal

This has given me plenty of time to name dragons. It helps ease the frustration xd.png

My Heralds have been given the name of Heralds for various ancient Gods and Demi-Gods most of them Celtic. Each Deity's name begins with the letter of the dragon's bio.

Herald of Angus Og is from Alpine, Herald of Vulcan is firm Volcano.

It helps me keep track of the CB.

This has given me plenty of time to name dragons. It helps ease the frustration xd.png

My Heralds have been given the name of Heralds for various ancient Gods and Demi-Gods most of them Celtic. Each Deity's name begins with the letter of the dragon's bio.

Herald of Angus Og is from Alpine, Herald of Vulcan is firm Volcano.

It helps me keep track of the CB.

Cool I never thought of that. xd.png

NEW PHASE CHANGE!! AURAX is NEW and CIRION is FULL!!!

BUT EGGS ARE STILL BLUE!!!

- EDIT: LadyLyzar gave us some more info. See below.

- Please tell me if I missed anything!

- Document Updated!

A CURRENT SUMMARY OF WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT THE MOON AND EGGS:

(For everybody who was late to the party and/or wants updates)

-------

- We have Beautiful pseudo-six-winged Lunar Heralds, the former prize breed, moon-loving dragons!

- Currently, the moons have changed phases!!! Aurax (Gold Moon) and Cirion (Blue Moon) are in the New Moon and Full Moon phases respectively.

- Everyone is still catching Blue/Indigo eggs in the Cave!! No change in color!

- We have Adult dragons, and we are breeding Blue/Indigo Lunar eggs. No change in color!

- The eggs are found in the Alpine, Desert, and Volcano Biomes. (Think places where the sky is easily seen.)

- So far, Gold, Bronze, and Blue/Indigo eggs have dropped in the Cave! Bronze and Blue/Indigo eggs have been bred.

- Info on the current moon phase can be accessed from the Time page, which you can get to by clicking the clock in the top right hand corner of the new Standard DC skin, by going to the Help page and clicking Time Reference link, by going to the first page in this thread and clicking the link in the banner, OR by clicking the 3 above links embedded in this post.

- As of Sept 05, 2015 @ ~9:00PM, Indigo Lunar eggs began dropping en masse! Go and grab them!!!

- No one had been tracking the moons until now, so we have no idea how quickly they change. So, we cannot accurately predict what eggs will come when.

- That means no one knows how to get the other egg colors until the other moon phases come and the lunar cycle completes itself.

- There is a possibility that the release started in the middle of the Waning Gibbous phase for Aurax and Waning Crescent phase for Cirion.

- Based on current data, it seems that Cirion's phases change faster than Aurax's.

--- Aurax takes 8 days to move from WaNing Crescent to New Moon.

--- Cirion takes 4 days to move from WaXing Gibbous to Full Moon.

- IMPORTANT: All data before 09/03/13, 1:56 PM was incorrect as the time page was showing Aurax's phase for BOTH moons. TJ has provided a corrected cycle in his post.

- This does NOT affect the information gathered on the eggs, just the moon phases the eggs were caught/bred under.

- The cycle has progressed, and so far we know: (Taken and modified from TJ's post)

Aug 29, 2015 @ 12:00 AM EST/DragonCave (DC) to Sep 01, 2015 @ 7:59 PM EST/DC.

Aurax: Waning Gibbous

Cirion: Waning Crescent

CB Lunar eggs are Gold.

Sep 01, 2015 starting 8:00 PM EST/DC

Aurax: Waning Crescent*

Cirion: New*

CB Lunar eggs change from Gold to Bronze.

- The Gold egg drop lasted about 3 days and 17 hours.

* = TJ's post doesn't mention a phase change at the same time the new color drops, but we know the color change happened here. So, we assume the phase changed happened here too.

Sep 02, 2015 @ 12:00 AM EST/DC

Aurax: Waning Crescent

Cirion: New

CB Lunar eggs are Bronze.

Sep 03, 2015 @ 12:00 AM EST/DC to Sep 05, 2015 @ 7:59 PM EST/DC

Aurax: Waning Crescent**

Cirion: Waxing Crescent**

CB Lunar eggs are Bronze, and Bred Lunar eggs are Bronze.

** Exact time of change Unknown.

Sep 05, 2015 starting @ 8:00 PM EST/DC

Aurax: Waning crescent

Cirion: Waxing Gibbous

CB Lunar eggs have changed from Bronze to Blue/Indigo, and Bred Lunar eggs have changed from Bronze to Blue/Indigo.

- The Bronze egg drop lasted about 4 days.

Sep 05, 2015 @ 12:00 AM EST/DC to Sep 09, 2015 @ 7:59 PM EST/DC

Aurax: Waning crescent

Cirion: Waxing Gibbous

CB Lunar eggs are Blue/Indigo, and Bred Lunar eggs are Blue/Indigo.

Sep 09, 2015 starting 8:00 PM EST/DC

Aurax: New

Cirion: Full

Sep 10, 2015 @ 12:00 AM EST/DC

Aurax: New

Cirion: Full

[Edited by Shokomon]

- Note: The Moon Phases TJ posted were Phases of the moon at 12:00 AM EST of their respective date. That is why the post doesn't match up with the color change.

- We can assume that on Sept 1, 2015, the phases changed at 8:00 PM EST/DC, where Aurax shifted Waning Gibbous to Waning Cresent, and Cirion from Waning Cresent to New Moon.

- There are many theories on how the eggs will come and when, including, but not limited to:

• 1) Certain eggs being available during different phases of the moons in general, under the assumption that the moons are in synch, and will share the same moon phases.

2) Certain eggs being avaliable relative to the different phases of each moon (assuming the moons are NOT in synch) and overlap between both moons' phases.

3) One moon's phases controlling cave-born colors and the other moon's phases controlling bred colors.

4) Certain Lunar eggs colors are linked to Aurax, and the other colors are linked to Cirion.

5) Gold is the CB color, and the others could be Bred colors.

6) The Lunar egg colors are based on what percentage of the moons are illuminated. If one moon is greater than 50% illuminated (gibbous to full), while the other moon is less than 50% illuminated (crescent to new), then Lunar eggs are the color of the dominant moon. If both moons are equal in illumination, other colors show up.

- Exactly which moon phase produces what eggs, which moon controls breeding and caveborn colors, and which colors are associated with which moon are up for debate.

- The Lunar Heralds' description has given some support to Theories 1, 2, and 6.

- The newest phase change, recent egg colors, and TJ's correctional post seems to support Theory 2 and 6.

- There are also theories about the DC lunar cycle itself, including, but not limited to:

• 1) The Moons are in synch and share phases.

2) The Moons are NOT in synch, and occasionally have overlapping phases.

3) The DC Lunar cycle is equivalent to Earth's Lunar cycle, and the current phase will change in at  most a week.

- And there more theories on the size of the moons, their relative speeds, their distance from Valkemare, and the list goes on.

- As of the most recent change and TJ's correctional post, the moons' phases are not in synch͵ supporting Theory 2.

- LadyLyzar will tells us more about the dragons, once we start getting adults.

- TJ stated that the orbits of Valkemare's moons are close to circular, and the centre of mass would be close to the planet as it is much larger in size.

--- (Sorry for the confusion here! I completely misinterpreted what TJ posted. Thank you pinkgothic for making a much more accurate summary statement.)

- LadyLyzar seems to hint that the Lunar Heralds may have been initially intended to be prize dragons, and later states that they were made at the same time as the Shimmers.

- LadyLyzar confirms that the 2nd and 3rd set of wings are in fact illusions. Only the top ones are real and that it is not motion illusion.

- LadyLyzar has given us information on the Adults!

- LadyLyzar is giving us a pretty Gold Lunar Herald avatar to match her own avatar. She'll give us the Bronze avatar once we start getting adults.

--- She has given us the Bronze Herald Avatar!

- LadyLyzar states that Lunar Heralds do indeed have metallic scales, but she didn't intend for them to be classified as "metallic dragons" like Golds and Silvers. As they were originally intended to be prizes, she wanted to make them shiny and pretty.

- LadyLyzar does not call the "blue" Lunar eggs "Indigos;" She just states that the "blues" are indigo in color as indigo is her favorite color, which makes sense as the "blue" lunar was meant to be her Alt. She later has reaffirmed this, stating that there is no official name for the "blue" Lunars and that they really are just indigo in color as they were to be her alt were these dragons to be chosen as prize dragons.

-LadyLyzar states that the element for the Lunar Heralds had not been planned out, and that she would put them as "Light" element.

- LadyLyzar states that the Lunar Heralds were retooled after the Shimmers were chosen for prizes, and while the moon phases work a little different than she expected, it's not complicated, and we will figure it out eventually. She won't tell us anything about the mechanic though.

- The description for the Lunar Heralds has been updated from this:

Lunar Heralds are deeply attuned to the two moons of Valkemare, Aurax and Cirion. Strictly nocturnal, they draw energy from moonlight and will only hunt when the moons have waned. When breeding, the amount of moonlight the parents receive from each moon will determine the color of the egg produced.

- To this:

Lunar Heralds are deeply attuned to the two moons of Valkemare, Aurax and Cirion. Strictly nocturnal, they draw energy from moonlight and will only hunt when the moons have waned. When breeding, the amount of moonlight the parents receive from each moon will determine the color of the egg produced. When a Lunar Herald is struck by direct moonlight, an illusion of multiple wings may appear. Witnessing a Lunar Herald’s illusory wings is commonly believed to be a sign of good fortune.

Threads!

- Lunar Herald Breeding and Naming

- DC Moon Watch and Lunar Herald Theories

Documents!

- DC Moon Watch & Lunar Egg Tracking

And, I think that's it for the summary.

Edit: Adding a final thing before bed.

Edited by Shokomon

Yes! Shokomon has done a lot of work in getting the ball rolling with data collecting, along with pinkgothic and BananaGummyBear.

There's a GoogleDoc tracking information here, and there's a thread specific to the moon data here!

Looking at that thread, with my guesswork, it seems Cirion is on a 12 day cycle overall. Aurax seems to be on a 24 day cycle. So now is Aurax New, Cirion Full, the next significant line up will be in 12 days when both are full. Silver drop in the fuller periods??? 9 days from now (18th) till the 22nd?

Or not, that's just what I THINK I've figured out with math and a small graphic I have made that lines them up almost as well as I can when it's late and I am tired

user posted image

Open circles is full, filled is new, colors relate to moon colors, and somewhat-lined-up-dots are days. I somehow have a day missing in there somewhere but I am not awake enough to figure out where. Actually perhaps for the cirion full moon smack in the middle, that may need another dot. But my math should be right or close to right.

I was just going to ask if both moons could be full at the same time, and if maybe that's when silvers will drop.

Yes, both can be full at the same time.

I'm amused that it's possible to see three different Lunar colors in the hatcheries at the same time. Still a few late bloomer golds floating around.....if silvers had dropped tonight that would have been really funny to see!

You could be right that sounds logical to me if the moons have to be full for Silvers to drop.

Perhaps. Or perhaps we would have had to wait a long time for one of the others. wink.gif

It is not worth stressing out so much over what is a truly beautiful dragon and an interesting release. They will be around and it will be fun figuring out when to catch and breed to get the different colors. I am glad there are people who are actually good at figuring out such things. I will leave it to them and just enjoy!! laugh.gif

Considering the others are demonstrably staggered by four days, that wouldn't be the case.

There is nothing fun about missing a release or about not being able to do anything else with your scroll because you're waiting for an alt to drop. It's simply tedious.

Maybe in a few minutes at 12 it will flood.

Oh i do hope so that would be awesome! laugh.gifxd.png

No flood....

I do believe I'll be going to bed now. Perhaps I shall wake up to Silver dragons. Perhaps I shall wake up in Oz as well. Or Hogwarts.

Edited by antennakit

Midnight: the moons are still in the phases they attained at 8pm.

Aurax (Golden moon) New

Cirion (Blue moon) Full

Alas! I guess we'll have to wait a little longer to see the Silvers. I hope they're not too rare, Silver is my favorite outcome when there is a choice of colors (big shock, I know)

Midnight: the moons are still in the phases they attained at 8pm.

Aurax (Golden moon) New

Cirion (Blue moon) Full

Also confirming that the eggs are still blue. I bred one to check to see if the color had changed anyway. It did not.

This is the most exciting drop that I've had the privilege of experiencing since the Guardian dragon drop, which was the first and only new dragon breed I discovered by grabbing from the cave instead of being told about it and/or seeing it on the forum news. The Xenos helped get me playing on dragcave more regularly again, but the Lunars are what have me coming back every day! It's exciting to me that they were designed as a Prize dragon because it's like everyone gets to win, and I'm having a lot of fun theorizing on how the moon phases will impact their colors. What a fun way to discover new information about dragcave's world!

If we do have to wait for 2 full moons at the same time for a silver, this thread is going to stay open for a looooooooooooong time

Well, I'm off to bed cause I've got work in the morning, but will anyone be willing to stay up to keep watch over the phases? (Or if you are in another timezone where it's daytime, just check every hour or so?) Like I said before, we don't know if the New and Full Moon phases lasts a true 24 hrs (and will end at 8:00PM 09/10/15) or just the night (which ends at 6 AM EST/DC) or even somewhere in between. I think we'd all appreciate it if anyone could check in every once in awhile.

-However, real life comes first! Don't overexert yourselves!

Have a good night, guys!

Well, I've hung around here all day waiting to see if there would be silvers, but I'm going to give it up for the night. I've had a great time though, hunting eggs in the AP and hatching them to give away in the Departures thread. I still have two more on my scroll to give away tomorrow.

IMHO, for a month with four different dragons, slow delivery is much better than a fast drop with it being over for those of us who didn't get an early start of who are just not fast with the clicking. I much prefer this than what we had with the Xenowyrms. I still feel like I should have done better with that one.

If the silver drops are as generous as the first Heralds have been, I'll be more than happy with them, even if I never do figure out what the moons are up to at any given time. smile.gif

This is most definitely the longest release thread I have seen in a long time.