TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

I'd still like a chart or something we can track the timing and fill the chart with the phase and timing of the moons.

Also, I'm on mobile. How can I see the clock?!

Finally got the alpine so I now have one from each.Gonna wait for a while to try to nab any more/of the other colours due to the lag deamons here being ALMOST as annoying as the ones plaguing neopets at the moment due to the domes all being mobbed. tongue.gif

Also, I'm on mobile. How can I see the clock?!

I don't know that, but there is a link in the first post to the DC moon phase. smile.gif

Soooo....you are thinking that only two of these eggies are going to be CB....and the other two can be gotten by breeding the the CB ones at the correct time of the moon phase?

Very interesting indeed, if true.

It could be, or perhaps all of them could be CB and each moon have two colors depending the cycle. I'm just pondering right now xd.png

OOH!

This is a just a theory so don't base anything off it, I'm just putting it out here.

What IF, we are seeing so many commons because the initial golden egg flood is ending and the other ones might become grab-able?

THEORY/GUESS

Maybe the commons are appearing because you don't see the moon/s in the day? So the colours are sunset-midnight, midnight-sunrise, x2 moons. Don't ask me why we didn't get any Blues, maybe we will when it's waxing?

The moon is still in a waxing gibbous phase, until this afternoon, when the moon is full. I wonder why the new release started with a waning gibbous?

Moon phases explained

Moon Phase Calendars (local time and UTC time)

But these eggs are apparently based on Valkemare’s moons, Aurax and Cirion. If you click on the link in TJ's first post you can find the current phase of those moons.

Yes... what if the eggs drop only during the times of day when you can actually see the moon? blink.gif But I think that I'm gonna stop speculating and just go with the flow. happy.gif

Those phases are RL. These eggs will be based on Valkemare's two moons and their phases...That is the world that Dragon Cave is based in.

But not sure if that copies RL or not....

ninja.gif ninja'd by purplehaze laugh.giflaugh.gif

Edited by Riverwillows

A while back I thought about tracking the moon phases to give the wiki page extra information, but then I thought "naaah, there's more important things to do". FML sad.gif

(You're a sly one TJ, I'll get you next time haha)

Well I'm tracking it now! ^__^

Edited by bluesonic1

Hey, guys! Do you see that in the picture in the first post the eggs are aligned in the specific order? Gold, silver, brown, blue. Maybe that's the order they're gonna be appearing in the cave. Could be.

That aside, the silver baby came out and soon enough they will all be joined by the blue one. I'm pretty curious to see the blue one. biggrin.gif

Totally dying to see the adults now..... wub.gif

Think I'm gonna be trying for a PB lineage between the silver and blue now. thumbs_up.png

AND I WANNA SEE SOME SHIMMER LINES WITH THESE!!! biggrin.gif

Edited by Riverwillows

Totally dying to see the adults now..... wub.gif

Think I'm gonna be trying for a PB lineage between the silver and blue now. thumbs_up.png

Silver and blue would probably look so gorgeous together. wub.gif

Snagged three from the Volcano - are the eggs in the other Biomes all the same color as these?

Snagged three from the Volcano - are the eggs in the other Biomes all the same color as these?

AFAIK, no one has gotten anything but golds yet.

Yes. They follow the cycle of the Valkemare moons and look alike in all the biomes. smile.gif

Yeah, they appear to be all golden ones for now....the rest are based on Valkemare's moon phases..

***Dahm.... ninja.gif 'd again by Silver Fox!!! laugh.giflaugh.gif

Edited by Riverwillows

Oh, great, another middle of the night drop for what looks to be a rare egg, and unable to get any. I only saw them in Desert, the other biomes had regular eggs, although they disappeared fast so I wonder if they're just mixing in with the new ones? If they're already mixing, after 6 hours, it's jsut more aggravating.

I want to say thank you, but it's hard to say thank you for something that's just going to frustrate me. I still can't find my xenos, although Thursday I did pick up 4...I almost had a heart attack over seeing so many in one day.

I really want to say thank you, it just won't come out.

***Dahm.... ninja.gif 'd again by Silver Fox!!! laugh.giflaugh.gif

Didn't even see the first time I did it - that's how fast I am. xd.png

I should probably change my custom member title to Ninja or whatever. tongue.gif

If you ask nicely, I'm sure some people will be glad to help you get some....

Ooh pretty eggs! Thank you for the new release, TJ and spriters!

I have to run off to do an errand so I will try to catch some when I get back.

Are they dropping in all the biomes?

New release! Of course as soon as I went to bed lol. Caught one on my phone, and that's all I have space for ATM, bu three will hatch soon. I'm not dumping anything. This is a very cool and interesting release. Interested in seeing more.

Didn't even see the first time I did it - that's how fast I am. xd.png

I should probably change my custom member title to Ninja or whatever. tongue.gif

*Ninja Fox* yeah, that's a good one