angelicdragonpuppy

Limit AP eggs by breeder

Make that under 1 day, and you'll have lots of happy ND experimenters on your side. biggrin.gif

Joking aside, if a breeder has several eggs in the AP, obviously the oldest of them (=the eggs with the least time left to live) would be shown anyway, wouldn't they? And they'd probably get picked up way before hitting the 4 day mark as they'd be incu-hatchable by then.

I agree. I remember during the holiday dragon rush when the AP started showing non holiday dragons again and they were under 2 days or so..that was amazing.

Joking aside, if a breeder has several eggs in the AP, obviously the oldest of them (=the eggs with the least time left to live) would be shown anyway, wouldn't they? And they'd probably get picked up way before hitting the 4 day mark as they'd be incu-hatchable by then.

The problem is, it can't ONLY be based on which egg is the oldest, there has to be randomized shuffling between all eggs of that breeder with a low enough time to appear on the front page. Otherwise a few eggs that people don't want will prevent people from seeing all the other, possibly pretty, eggs that that breeder abandoned. In that case, there is a small chance that an egg could get hidden in the shuffle if the breeder abandons enough eggs over a few days. It doesn't hurt anything to add a little bit of code that kicks any egg below a certain amount of time out of its breeder's queue to display on its own, even if the chances of it ever really being needed are low.

I'm pretty sure that ANY egg - no matter how undesirable - will get snatched up as soon as it goes under 5d. Incu-hatchies are simply too tempting to ignore, even if they are messy inbred blockers. Just think about how fast the post-holiday eggs get cleared out.

So, I'm fairly sure it doesn't matter either way - eggs aren't going to reach 2d in the AP, let alone 1d, unless the site goes down for several days at once.

But, I still think a kicker for 2d or 1d eggs to get ignored under the breeder rule is a good idea. Just in case.

Bringing this up again since we've had two 6+ hour floods from single breeders in the last week.

I know they don't happen a lot, but the ability for it to be easily done is still very much THERE.

I would be behind this!

Having limited time to ap hunt, which is where I spend most of my game time, only to find a seemingly unlimited supply of only one type of egg for sometimes 12 hours, even more-is getting very old. Not sure who finds this amusing to do, but...

Almost all my freezies are from Terrafreaky's massbreedings xd.png So I would support 10 eggs per massbreeder appear in AP and when 1 gets snatched another appears, even if they breed over 500 eggs into the AP ~

Nah, do not support. There are benefits to AP walls, such as keeping the timers low, and if they bug you then it's not difficult to take a break for a few hours while they clear.

No support from me. There are other things to do in the cave if the AP is clogged and you're not interested in the breed.

Edited by DaniBoo

Almost all my freezies are from Terrafreaky's massbreedings xd.png So I would support 10 eggs per massbreeder appear in AP and when 1 gets snatched another appears, even if they breed over 500 eggs into the AP ~

OMW!! O.o Who even HAS enough DRAGONS of a given breed to make that many eggs. XDDDD I sure don't!

No support from me. I like the walls - as others have said, they help keep the time low.

If you have enough incubates, and some room on your scroll, you could hatch a few eggs, then toss the babies back. If even just a handful of people did that, it would help break up even the most stubborn walls in a fairly short time.

OMW!! O.o Who even HAS enough DRAGONS of a given breed to make that many eggs. XDDDD I sure don't!

42 apparently bred about 700(?) Mints to the AP - and could have bred hundreds more. Serious army collectors can amass a LOT of dragons!

I suuport this idea. I dislike walls of the same breed - some kind of limitation would be nice.

Even if it's a breed I like, it's no fun to click through tons of identical eggs trying to find something nice.

No support. I would hate to limit someone's ability to breed. Bad enough we have limits on freezing or space through accidental kills through vamping.

I'm pretty sure that ANY egg - no matter how undesirable - will get snatched up as soon as it goes under 5d. Incu-hatchies are simply too tempting to ignore, even if they are messy inbred blockers. Just think about how fast the post-holiday eggs get cleared out.

So, I'm fairly sure it doesn't matter either way - eggs aren't going to reach 2d in the AP, let alone 1d, unless the site goes down for several days at once.

But, I still think a kicker for 2d or 1d eggs to get ignored under the breeder rule is a good idea. Just in case.

This very moment speaks to why this thought is false. There is still a wall of nocturns, and they're well under 5 days (4 days, 13 hours). The nocturns have been there at least 12 hours, because I gave up AP hunting last night due to this wall.

Even if a single line was from other breeders, it would make AP hunting more interesting. Some have said there are other things to do. Not always. Often people don't want to egg lock themselves with 7 day eggs. Others don't have fast enough connections to make biome hunting worth while, others (like myself) have plenty of every CB and instead want nice lineages. There are many reasons people only AP hunt.

Edited by harlequinraven

No support from me. I like the walls - as others have said, they help keep the time low.

If you have enough incubates, and some room on your scroll, you could hatch a few eggs, then toss the babies back. If even just a handful of people did that, it would help break up even the most stubborn walls in a fairly short time.

What she said smile.gif No support. Annoyingly when 42's thing happened, I was fulfilling promises... sad.gif

Maybe I will breed my whites and greys....

No support. I would hate to limit someone's ability to breed. Bad enough we have limits on freezing or space through accidental kills through vamping.

This doesn't limit breeding in any way, though. It just keeps all the eggs from instantly popping to the front of the AP.

I was going to say no support for this idea because I love mass breedings, but of course not everyone does... It's a good compromise. I'm just worried that getting the AP times down would get really hard unsure.gif

Torn on this one. For one, walls keep the overall timer down. For another, mass breeds effect the breed ratios to my knowledge, granted not by much, but it also can encourage people to grab and raise dragons they normally might not in an attempt to clear the wall.

On the other hand, it is quite annoying to sort through walls trying to find something nice, and it's particularly annoying when those walls are from extremely messy lines, which I have encountered a few times.

However, I have encountered more "walls" of mixed species from one breeder which have messy lineages than I have walls of messy single species. And how would such a change affect holidays or planned mass breeding events?

Overall...I don't think I can support this.

I'm on the fence as well.

I really like the walls of eggs that get created, but at the same time when the walls last more than 12 hours AND are from just one person it get's tiresome-- I enjoy group massbreeds a lot more, it creates more diversity in the eggs and/or lineages.

I don't want to hinder people's breeding though. So there needs to be a very tactful compromise if everyone is going to be satisfied and still continue going about how they play DC,

It wouldn't hinder anyone's breedings no matter how it was implemented. People could still breed as many as they wanted to the AP. All it would do is limit the number that show up AT ONCE. As I suggested, ONE line of something other than the massbreeder's eggs could be in the AP. Then people who like massbreeds still have plenty to choose from, AP times would still remain low, and those who don't want to see 12 hour walls of the exact same egg would have something else to look at.

I think the biggest question here is whether the minor hassle of an egg wall is worth the unknown hassle (assuming it's possible) of coding a filter that situationally excludes eggs produced by a specific breeder.

That's not to say that a small subset's irritation is not valid because they're small, but more a logistical question.

Against anything that would basically destroy some people's playstyles,

well, in this case partly mine too because I've been breeding all my pairs to AP too (just in case of mine it's breeding 1 pair per breed, even if they were possible for me to be bred and just not showing in the AP all at once, it would rather go against the players interested in catching PBs of a varety of breeds, occassionally there are Golds and Silvers and 3gen Gold Tinsels too so I'd assume some would rather them not dying hidden behind some Caveblocking breeds I breed too, especially since these breeds are normally bred closer to the end as my breeds are sorted by release date, newest on top. And the problem of dying.. the entire reason I breed my scroll at all is to expand progenies of my pairs (I never mention the true reason behind this but it's to promote monogamy which is rarely practiced in adopt games and since I support and beleive in monogamy irl too it has a special meaning to me) and since dead offspring vanish from the parents' progenies and limiting eggs from same breeder may increase the probablility of death, I must be against all components of this suggestion as it's all against quite a part of my playstyle)

No from me, sadly to any form of this.

Also, after all, it's the ABANDONED page, a place where stuff sb didn't want went...^^; It's a kind of dump place and as in each dump, good stuff are dumped among all the mess, e.g it's not uncommon here to find a good couch or door or cupboard in the dump, some people collect tins etc. and ot\s ot like those stuff are nto changing... Isn't it how the AP is basically supposed to be after all? And not just on DC...?

IF an improvement is really that needed then maybe the most re-dumped eggs, could go behind the wall or a while (not appear on the AP) and reappear a bit later, just to keep things circulating, but ERs excluded(not sure if 3d left ERs or just 1d left ones). and I beleive it doesn't argue with playstyles that much in opposite to any limits per breeder.

Edited by VixenDra

See, I would have no issue with walls of endless eggs of one breed if we had unlimited kill and freeze-because this is just what I would do with them.

I still don't think its fair to impose "your" wish to breed an insane number of the same egg...why shouldn't many other players wishes to ap hunt for something pretty come into play here too.

For me, it just means I stop playing the game until the walls go away...which I guess is a good thing...but its also very annoying and frustrating when some of us have a limited time we can play, and we do most of our cave hunting in the ap and its selfishly been taken over by someone who decide to breed 700 mints...or how ever many bad lines of whatever they might have...

Had something useful like bsa or holiday lineages, or checkers...or even several different types of eggs that one person breeds, but seriously...

As a person who loves a good mass breed, I kinda like this idea. Doesn't actually limit my breeding, and reduces the likelihood of difficulty for other players. Even capping the number of eggs that display as high as 10, it'd take at least 3 users at full cap to create a proper wall.

It might be a bit of a shakeup for how the AP pulls eggs to display right now, programming wise, but it could be a cool system to have.

But then, where do CB eggs fall into the sort? Do they count as being 'bred' by the user that picked them, or are they their own category?