angelicdragonpuppy

Limit AP eggs by breeder

The number of eggs per user should be a bit bigger... Especially when it's holiday breeding week... It would be sad if only a few of low gen holiday dragons would appear in AP... I think the limit should be around 20-25 minimum smile.gif

Nevertheless, I 100% support this, I hate mass breeding with a passion and I will never freewillingly do them, unless I have some kind of gain from it. I will never pick up breed un/commons from the AP either and if it happens that I do it's just for zombie experiments on halloween rolleyes.gif

Edited by WoLfgIrLyS

O.o Good GRIEF that'd have to be a LOT of eggs.

That said.... how often is someone ACTUALLY able to produce a wall that lasts that long?

Not often I bet as it would take an INSANE number of pairs of dragons to breed that many eggs.

I guess I had in mind reducing the time so they were ER... more or less instantly hatcheable.

My thinking being that some breeds sit in the AP a while, even IF they aren't forming a wall. For example... I have noticed a fair number of mint dragon eggs in the AP this morning and they seem to be going NOWHERE.

ETA- My GUESS'd be that PART of the problem was the timing of this wall. MY Bet is that too many people are still hunting for Xenowyrms to be interested in picking up low time Neotropicals... just my thought.

You would be correct in your guess. tongue.gif I, a big AP hunter, didn't even notice the Neo wall until well into the day, because I was hunting Xenos.

As for how often.... I do not remember the last time someone blocked the AP for more than an hour or two, and like I said... I'm a big AP hunter. It would take a couple of hours of constant breeding to produce a wall of that size normally, and I think a large part of the reason it didn't clear fast was *because* most of the usual AP hunters weren't there. I know WhiteBaron used to do mass breedings of 200+ Royal Crimsons. Those cleared out in less than an hour once they hit incu-hatchable status, so scaling up, the Neos should have cleared within 4 hours. They didn't, so the only thing I can assume is that the people who normally would have been clearing them out were elsewhere.

With the Xenos being elusive, its a sure bet that like myself, many of the other big collectors were elsewhere. I probably should have grabbed 16 and frozen them... But between the (mostly) lethargic hatcheries and wanting to keep slots open for Xenos (and the inevitable miss-clicks)....

Cheers!

C4.

You would be correct in your guess. tongue.gif I, a big AP hunter, didn't even notice the Neo wall until well into the day, because I was hunting Xenos.

As for how often.... I do not remember the last time someone blocked the AP for more than an hour or two, and like I said... I'm a big AP hunter. It would take a couple of hours of constant breeding to produce a wall of that size normally, and I think a large part of the reason it didn't clear fast was *because* most of the usual AP hunters weren't there. I know WhiteBaron used to do mass breedings of 200+ Royal Crimsons. Those cleared out in less than an hour once they hit incu-hatchable status, so scaling up, the Neos should have cleared within 4 hours. They didn't, so the only thing I can assume is that the people who normally would have been clearing them out were elsewhere.

With the Xenos being elusive, its a sure bet that like myself, many of the other big collectors were elsewhere. I probably should have grabbed 16 and frozen them... But between the (mostly) lethargic hatcheries and wanting to keep slots open for Xenos (and the inevitable miss-clicks)....

Cheers!

C4.

Yeah, and I never even SAW the Neo wall.

Amazingly enough. IF It lasted that long, you'd have thought but... nope.

I was busy hunting Xenowyrms... with no sucess I might add.

I only heard about it afterwards when the mods had to clean out the Massbreed thread when things got... personal. WHICH Is unacceptable, whatever you might think of massbreeding.

So I think that the AP just didn't clear as quickly as it normally would have done.

The breeder just chose the time for their breeding unwisely, is all is my take on it.

More On topic, though... I also think the person who mentioned that this could cause trouble for Holiday breeding may have a point. Walls the rest of the year are one thing, but walls of holidays when people are hunting those are another again.

Edited by Silverswift

Holidays always go to the head of the queue. No worries there. (others DIE waiting xd.png)

Holidays always go to the head of the queue. No worries there. (others DIE waiting xd.png)

I think what they are worried about is the "stacking" effect in this idea. Lets say someone mass-bred their Halloweens, at a time when no one else had bred. If this were in effect, then you'd see just 10 eggs... Which means slower users would have a much harder time, as opposed to being able to choose from 30 eggs from the same breeder.

At Halloween, I don't see it as being a big deal, but at Christmas and Valentines with their much lower supply of eggs... Yes, yes, I do see it as being potentially a big problem.

Besides, I don't support this idea anyway. Its a very rare instance that the AP gets clogged for this length of time, and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have lasted nearly as long as it did if we hadn't *just* had a mega release of a highly-in-demand breed.

So! A perfect storm generated a tempest in a teapot:

1. Mass breeder with 1000+ of a not-overly-popular breed

2. Breed with badly out of whack ratios.... so it produces a TON of eggs

3. Most of the normal AP hunters absent hunting for Xenos

4. Typical forum over-reaction to a very temporary condition.

Cheers!

C4.

So! A perfect storm generated a tempest in a teapot:

1. Mass breeder with 1000+ of a not-overly-popular breed

2. Breed with badly out of whack ratios.... so it produces a TON of eggs

3. Most of the normal AP hunters absent hunting for Xenos

4. Typical forum over-reaction to a very temporary condition.

Cheers!

C4.

pretty much. I also agree with the rest and honestly I doubt mass breeding walls can ever be more than a small inconvenience.

Just one problem:

You are NOT at a Grocery store, you are digging in the dumpers *behind* the Grocery store. The Biomes are the Grocery store. The AP is for eggs that have been discarded. Yes, many people go there for low timed goodies, me included. But that doesn't change the fact: its a DUMPSTER, and as such there's no reason to think there will be good things there all the time. Quite the contrary! Often times, I go AP hunting and find nothing of interest. Other times, I find lots of prettys.

Considering if you have a clutch of more than one egg they are auto abandoned here, I don't consider it a dumpster. And don't the eggs that aren't picked up in the cave get thrown to the AP after a while?

And as someone said before, it's more of a thrift store. Sure, there are a few questionable eggs, but most of them are decent (and that's if you even care about lineages).

I suppose an even better explanation would be that the Cave is so slow, only contains a select variety of breeds, and other cons of that nature, so for people with limited play time, at least the AP is more of a viable hunting ground.

I've refreshed for hours looking for something in the Cave to only end up empty handed (which is why I don't really Cave hunt anymore - it takes too long, and my time is precious).

Edited by Wahya

And don't the eggs that aren't picked up in the cave get thrown to the AP after a while?

There's a suggestion for this to happen. Right now, the dragons that aren't picked up are deleted and new ones are generated in their place.

There's a suggestion for this to happen. Right now, the dragons that aren't picked up are deleted and new ones are generated in their place.

Oh Ok - thank you for the info smile.gif I thought that had already been implemented xd.png (I see a TON of CBs in the AP, so that's why I thought it was already in place).

Oh Ok - thank you for the info smile.gif I thought that had already been implemented xd.png (I see a TON of CBs in the AP, so that's why I thought it was already in place).

That's because *other users* pick up those eggs, suffer through being locked for 5 hours, then dump them into the AP for your pleasure.

tongue.gif

Which is just one reason I find people's insistence that the AP needs to have good eggs for them to be highly insulting. Other users have already suffered to give you those low time eggs.

To me, demanding people NOT mass breed, or adding a stigma to it, is like you demanding that strangers give you good gifts all the time. The AP isn't some place you go to buy new eggs, its not some place to find all sorts of treasures. Its a place where people have chosen to send eggs. Yes, many people (including myself) will often breed good things for the AP. I love going through the "Great Lineages found in the AP" thread, and I've lost track of how many times I've seen my eggs there. It makes me feel good!

But that does not blind me to the fact, when I breed for it and when I pick eggs up for it, that the other users are under *no obligation* to give me good eggs, nor to abandon CBs after they come off cooldown. To me, its a matter of accepting the bad with the good.

I view the once-in-a-blue-moon blockage of the AP with a wall for a day as a small price to pay for other people's generosity.

Cheers!

C4.

But that does not blind me to the fact, when I breed for it and when I pick eggs up for it, that the other users are under *no obligation* to give me good eggs, nor to abandon CBs after they come off cooldown. To me, its a matter of accepting the bad with the good.

I view the once-in-a-blue-moon blockage of the AP with a wall for a day as a small price to pay for other people's generosity.

Cheers!

C4.

I rather agree. And even if not - heck, how often does it really matter (sure, yesterday was a mite startling, but even so...)

I think this is not necessary, as in my opinion there is no problem that needs solving in the first place. Massbreedings by a single user happen very rarely (and if they happened regularly, the ratios would even out and that user wouldn't get that many eggs from the same pairs anymore).

The insistence isn't on finding 'good eggs', it's about not having the AP taken over by one or a few players who think it's ok to fill the AP for hours on end with whatever they deem to breed. It's about control when you get right down to the nitty gritty.

Just one problem:

You are NOT at a Grocery store, you are digging in the dumpers *behind* the Grocery store. The Biomes are the Grocery store. The AP is for eggs that have been discarded. Yes, many people go there for low timed goodies, me included. But that doesn't change the fact: its a DUMPSTER, and as such there's no reason to think there will be good things there all the time. Quite the contrary! Often times, I go AP hunting and find nothing of interest. Other times, I find lots of prettys.

As for this suggestion:

No support. For multiple reasons:

1. If a breed CAN mass-breed enough eggs to block the AP for more than 10 minutes... Then that breed *needs* to be mass-bred. Try making a wall of Shinies, it just won't work. The ratios will stop you long before you get enough eggs out there to form a wall.

In short, mass breeding helps. Anything that suggests that its frowned upon is A Bad Thing.

2. The AP is the Abandoned Pile. Its what's been discarded. Anything that attempts to alter what's seen to make it "better" is running contrary to what it is. Its not a thrift store where you go for deals, its not a place where you go for shiny new stuff. Its not even a yard sale! Its a place where people have discarded things they do not want. A landfill for eggs as it were.

3. Very few people are willing, normally, to take the time needed to breed enough eggs to block the AP for any appreciable amount of time. Its a very RARE occurrence that the AP gets walled for more than an hour or so. I just tried, it took me on average 10 seconds to breed a dragon and move to the next. To breed 100 dragons, that's 1,000 seconds.... or 16.7 minutes. And you won't get 100 eggs from that pairing. To breed 700 pairs, you're looking at about 2+ hrs of nothing but breeding dragons. Its rather infrequent that someone sits down and *does* something like that. So its not a big problem, at all. The time it takes to breed dragons ensures that!

tl;dr

Why waste effort on "fixing" a "problem" that actually helps (long term) and happens once in a blue moon?

Cheers!

C4.

This!! No support from me as I don't see the problem of an occasional wall.

It can be annoying but it doesn't seem fair to limit the AP. What about people who don't mass breed one breed but breed many of their dragons at once? What about the popular mass-breeds? Limiting the AP doesn't seem needed as it'll do more harm than good. Some people don't have access to fan sites or forums to trade their eggs but don't want to hold onto all their pair's children.

The insistence isn't on finding 'good eggs', it's about not having the AP taken over by one or a few players who think it's ok to fill the AP for hours on end with whatever they deem to breed. It's about control when you get right down to the nitty gritty.

The AP is, by definition, controlled by users, any user who chooses to breed for the AP. The eggs in it only COME from users! Granted, I want to change that, but it hasn't changed yet. Yes, yesterday one user was able to "control" it for a number of hours.... But if they did it often, then guess what? They'd cease to be able to do so. As those who remember what the Cave was like, for Mints, before a certain user began mass-breeding them on a regular basis (years ago, this was).... Continual, long term mass breeding does affect the ratios. And it gets to the point where even breeding 1,000 Neos, you won't produce enough Neo eggs to form a wall for long. And that's not including the fact that it would take 5+ years to collect all those Neos in the first place, unless you constantly trade for them.

In short:

I think it IS ok for a user to "take over" the AP for as long as they can. Because the simple fact is: The more they try to do it, the less they actually *can* do it. So let them do it! Within a couple of months, they won't be breeding enough eggs to block the AP.... And then they have to go spend a year or more collecting a different blocker.

I love those people, truth to tell. Because it is through them that long term changes in the rarity of certain blockers *happens*. The general collectors of all breeds, or the Biome hunters, or the lineage builders, or the AP stalkers, we can't do that sort of change in a blocker. Only the major hoarders *can* have that kind of long term affect. It happened to Mints, it happens to Neos (they used to be real bad blockers), it happened to Balloons, it is happening to Waters, it happened to the BBW, it happened to the Dorsals, its in the process of happening to the Flamingos, it even happened to Albinos (they underwent a ratio shift after a user started collecting them, I know I was working on a lineage for a while before then and after then).

Mass breeders aren't a problem: they are a blessing in disguise. They aren't the malicious trolls you've been making them out to be. They are just fanatic hoarders who happen to love a particular breed and choose to share. Just another user like you and me, who plays the game a little different.

Cheers!

C4.

Mass breeders aren't a problem: they are a blessing in disguise. They aren't the malicious trolls you've been making them out to be. They are just fanatic hoarders who happen to love a particular breed and choose to share. Just another user like you and me, who plays the game a little different.

Cheers!

C4.

Hm. Looks thoughtfully at grey and white armies smile.gif

The AP is, by definition, controlled by users, any user who chooses to breed for the AP. The eggs in it only COME from users! Granted, I want to change that, but it hasn't changed yet. Yes, yesterday one user was able to "control" it for a number of hours.... But if they did it often, then guess what? They'd cease to be able to do so. As those who remember what the Cave was like, for Mints, before a certain user began mass-breeding them on a regular basis (years ago, this was).... Continual, long term mass breeding does affect the ratios. And it gets to the point where even breeding 1,000 Neos, you won't produce enough Neo eggs to form a wall for long. And that's not including the fact that it would take 5+ years to collect all those Neos in the first place, unless you constantly trade for them.

In short:

I think it IS ok for a user to "take over" the AP for as long as they can. Because the simple fact is: The more they try to do it, the less they actually *can* do it. So let them do it! Within a couple of months, they won't be breeding enough eggs to block the AP.... And then they have to go spend a year or more collecting a different blocker.

I love those people, truth to tell. Because it is through them that long term changes in the rarity of certain blockers *happens*. The general collectors of all breeds, or the Biome hunters, or the lineage builders, or the AP stalkers, we can't do that sort of change in a blocker. Only the major hoarders *can* have that kind of long term affect. It happened to Mints, it happens to Neos (they used to be real bad blockers), it happened to Balloons, it is happening to Waters, it happened to the BBW, it happened to the Dorsals, its in the process of happening to the Flamingos, it even happened to Albinos (they underwent a ratio shift after a user started collecting them, I know I was working on a lineage for a while before then and after then).

Cheers!

C4.

Honestly, I am inclined to agree with C4 on this.

IF what happened yesterday happened on a regular basis, I could see the reasoning behind NEEDING to take control of mass breeding. TUltimately, however, it is sort of self limiting. in the first place, I think only a few have hoarded enough of any UBER common dragon, even, to form that sort of wall. Second they could ONLY do so once a week at most... AND the more breeding that goes on, as C4 said, the harder it is to breed that many. Because ratios.

I feel for those that have limited time to hunt BUT... I think the problem would be hard to 'fix'; without creating more, worse problems, as I think on it.

Although I DO think, perhaps reducing time on some of the AP eggs that have a lot of that breed MIGHT help.

Edited by Silverswift

Honestly, I don't CARE if a person breeds every dragon they own and dumps the eggs on the AP.

Truth is, IF there is nothing on the AP I want, I look in the Cave and vis versa.

Maybe I am easy going about this? I don't see any need to limit it. Ultimately, I don't see it as MY place to tell another user how to play this game... whether I like what they are doing or not... so long as it is within the rules ( AND massbreeding is NOT breaking any rule, to my knowledge ). I get that some people get frustrated by egg walls, however, I also am not sure I see the need to tell others that like them they cannot have them... or only with MUCH more work. It wouldn't be deemed acceptable to DEMAND that a person breed dragons of theirs, would it? I am not sure demanding that they NOT breed is any better. IF a person is breeding for shinys and gets a lot of fails, what then, would they still be able to dump fails tot eh AP? OR woudl they have to keep then. If they have to keep them, mightn't it be an impediment to breeding for things that are actually wanted?

So... I don't think it is necessary at all.

I think that the proposed suggestion of making only 5, maybe 10 eggs from one breeder visible in the AP at any given time is a very good and sound one. It doesn't prohibit breeding in any way, shape or form. People are still free to breed and abandon to their heart's content. And yet, this mechanic prevents any one person to spoil the AP for everyone else with floods of only one breed / floods of messies.

I'd even go so far as to suggest to lower the limit to 3.

Fuzzy, if you make my beautiful White lineages hard to breed, I will cry! tongue.gif And so will anyone requesting any! They're one of the few really consistent breeders remaining to me, lol.

The point about people having little room during a Release is a very valid one.

I'd earlier regretted being able to only fit in 5 Common Incuhatchables, although there all but one were specifically CBs, (one being another pair of Neos since there were some lovely CBs on the AP at the time, along with a lot of dreadful lineages) and I'm hoping that I don't have to gift away any hatchies to make hunting room when some eggs hatch later today.

There actually are plenty of scrolls large enough to plug up the AP full-time with less-desirable breds of one sort or another, although, of course, no sane, decent person with a life would, if they realized the problems created, especially for those with little time to hunt, which really defines the limiting factors to those of decent, aware people not thinking it worth-while to waste time breeding multiples almost nobody would want simply in order to generally foul up other people.

Tawanda001 has a valid point, that it's unfortunate that any one person with a large scroll of messies and/or of breeds which few want more of can mess up the AP for the entire Cave and for the entire period that many people may have to play any day of the week, because there are a lot of them, although thankfully few capable of even thinking maliciously and in such a petty fashion.

(Edit: I failed to quote the post to which I was referring here, which now seems to be missing, and certainly did not intend to imply that mass-breeding itself is malicious, simply that I strongly feel that nastiness should not be encouraged for any reason. I have no coffeeeee, so bear with me, lol.)

I really don't like the idea of encouraging malicious behaviours because if they're made acceptable or even claimed to be desirable, they worsen and spread.

And the more people who decide to try to ruin AP hunting for others, the worse it will get, along with Viewbombing and other general nastiness.

Those of us who already Fog/unFog dragons every time we go to sleep or can't watch our dragons are still hoping and waiting for a Fog/unFog-All action...

Some of the recent organized mass breedings have been designed to provide a nicely lineaged variety of dragons, increasing the odds that some people would want whatever was produced, which is something vastly different than flooding the AP with a messy-lineaged, useless-to-most batch of the same breed(s).

And if the biome-to-AP dump were to be implemented, that would at least partially counter mass-breds with a supply of CBs for those looking for/willing to take them at lower times.

That Time-Based Egg Slot idea of TJ's would also provide many with an extra egg space and 3 more hatchy slots.

But any mass-breeding occurring during a Release period is going to sit a lot longer, especially when the new dragons become harder to catch, slowing the process down.

People with slow connections may not be able to hunt in the Cave and be limited to to AP-hunting, while many people look for nice lineages/lower-time dragons in an AP in which many players randomly gift pretties.

I don't know enough about potential ramifications to feel comfortable about voicing much of an opinion on altering AP mechanisms in this particular manner, but it certainly would have to be eliminated during Holiday breeding seasons.

Re-edit: was not referring to one of C-4s posts, btw, but somebody issuing congratulations regarding blocking the AP for 8 hours.

Edited by Syphoneira

Fuzzy, if you make my beautiful White lineages hard to breed, I will cry! tongue.gif And so will anyone requesting any! They're one of the few really consistent breeders remaining to me, lol.

The point about people having little room during a Release is a very valid one.

I'd earlier regretted being able to only fit in 5 Common Incuhatchables, although there all but one were specifically CBs, (one being another pair of Neos since there were some lovely CBs on the AP at the time, along with a lot of dreadful lineages) and I'm hoping that I don't have to gift away any hatchies to make hunting room when some eggs hatch later today.

There actually are plenty of scrolls large enough to plug up the AP full-time with less-desirable breds of one sort or another, although, of course, no sane, decent person with a life would, if they realized the problems created, especially for those with little time to hunt, which really defines the limiting factors to those of decent, aware people not thinking it worth-while to waste time breeding multiples almost nobody would want simply in order to generally foul up other people.

Tawanda001 has a valid point, that it's unfortunate that any one person with a large scroll of messies and/or of breeds which few want more of can mess up the AP for the entire Cave and for the entire period that many people may have to play any day of the week, because there are a lot of them, although thankfully few capable of even thinking maliciously and in such a petty fashion.

I really don't like the idea of encouraging malicious behaviours because if they're made acceptable or even claimed to be desirable, they worsen and spread.

And the more people who decide to try to ruin AP hunting for others, the worse it will get, along with Viewbombing and other general nastiness.

Those of us who already Fog/unFog dragons every time we go to sleep or can't watch our dragons are still hoping and waiting for a Fog/unFog-All action...

Some of the recent organized mass breedings have been designed to provide a nicely lineaged variety of dragons, increasing the odds that some people would want whatever was produced, which is something vastly different than flooding the AP with a messy-lineaged, useless-to-most batch of the same breed(s).

And if the biome-to-AP dump were to be implemented, that would at least partially counter mass-breds with a supply of CBs for those looking for/willing to take them at lower times.

That Time-Based Egg Slot idea of TJ's would also provide many with an extra egg space and 3 more hatchy slots.

But any mass-breeding occurring during a Release period is going to sit a lot longer, especially when the new dragons become harder to catch, slowing the process down.

People with slow connections may not be able to hunt in the Cave and be limited to to AP-hunting, while many people look for nice lineages/lower-time dragons in an AP in which many players randomly gift pretties.

I don't know enough about potential ramifications to feel comfortable about voicing much of an opinion on altering AP mechanisms in this particular manner, but it certainly would have to be eliminated during Holiday breeding seasons.

AND here is the thing too. I DON'T feel that those that do mass breed generally do it out of malice.

( There may be those jerks that DO of course BUT I don't believe that they are in the majority) It may BE that when they breed... perhaps to see if they CAN create an egg wall and for how long.... they don't even THINK about those who may have a limited time to hunt. I doubt if MOST of them do it to be malicious. I, for instance, am not privy to everyone else on this site's general schedual or when they are most likely to be hunting the AP.

SO to call it a malicious behavior... IMO, of course, is a little harsh.

THOUGHTLESS, perhaps... but out and out malicious like some of the viewbombing that goes on, I DOUBT it.

There IS a difference between the two.

Inn the most recent case, for example, I believe that the eggs stayed on the AP MUCH longer than the breeder intended as fewer people than normal were picking them up.

@ Olympe- I got that after reading the OP a bit more carefully.

Edited by Silverswift

AND here is the thing too. I DON'T feel that those that do mass breed generally do it out of malice.

In the most recent case, for example, I believe that the eggs stayed on the AP MUCH longer than the breeder intended as fewer people than normal were picking them up.

Yes - SOMEONE said it was a birthday celebration by the main breeder.

Whether or not it's meant to be malicious, or it's being thoughtless, or whether people genuinely believe they are changing ratios or sharing their favorite breeds with love, the outcome is the same.

That outcome is what I'd like to see changed. I don't care if you (general) want to breed your favorite breed until the cows come home, but I do want the opportunity to see and hunt things other than whatever breed you overwhelm the AP with.

The AP is fun when it's surprising, not so much when it's hour after hour of the same thing over and over again.

Hmmm... what if this suggestion were stacked with another. What if this only kicked in once a breeder hit a particular number of breeding in a certain time frame? Freezes and kills can be tracked already so I don't imagine tracking the number of breedings would be difficult. For example 200 bred eggs in a 24 hour period would trigger the limit to take affect for any eggs bred over that amount in the next 24 hour period. Just tossing it out there...

Edited by Tawanda001

My intention, when I breed a large group, usually not more than 40 or 50 eggs, is to help lower the AP times, since I don't like it when the AP eggs are showing 5d6h, 5d12h or 6d. I want the AP eggs to be incu-hatchable, and I am not alone in this preference. I also periodically breed a group of Lumina x Turps for the Encyclopedia thread and have worked with some of the groups trying to alter some of the breeding patterns. For example, I want Royal Crimson eggs from Red-finned Tidals, but so far, all I get are Tidals.

I breed 2nd gens, PB Reds, other BSAs or Mints, a few 2nd gen mixes, higher even gen checkers or clean-lined prizes. I like finding 2nd gens from parents with good names, whether PB or a combination that I would want to breed for EG checkers. I also love the low-time CBs and the random, pretty surprises that the AP has to offer.<3

As far as I'm concerned, the AP mix is not a problem. Walls rarely last more than a few minutes. Mass breeders help to keep the AP alive and moving, and one 6 hour wall is an anomaly, not a problem.

No support.

The main problem I'm seeing is, you'd either have a slot as "Abandoned by user X" or "bred by user X". (The X stands for Xylene.) "Abandoned by user X" would cease to count to the mass breeder's slot if they were picked up and abandoned by someone else, so you'd still flood the AP, but by trying to see what those eggs are. You probably don't want that.

"Bred by user X" may not be a thing, though, because bred eggs remaining on the scroll with their parents have a 'boost' and require less views/clicks to hatch. The 'boost' stops working if an egg goes to another scroll, even if the egg returns home. Either the boost is like a BSA, or there is no link on-site involving 'bred by'.

Wasn't there something about stacking similar dragons by breed in the AP? (Like, 3x piles of Neotropical eggs, displaying the 3 lowest unique times) That might be a better choice, but then you have to consider how the site would decide which eggs show up first (time as default? But what about random by timestamp, example, one of the 40 dragons with 4 days 3 hours remaining?), if this would change during holidays and events (Stacks of Valentines? Halloweens? Or back to the wall for events only?), and if the stacks might end up just... not moving. At all.