angelicdragonpuppy

Limit AP eggs by breeder

Personal opinion, I do not care for mass breeding. Do I take the time to really care? Not so much, if the AP is full of eggs I do not care for, I do something else.

Personal opinion, I do not care for mass breeding. Do I take the time to really care? Not so much, if the AP is full of eggs I do not care for, I do something else.

Me too! There's a great, nice world outside of DC. I can always log back on DC next week or next month.

100% support. I tend to avoid the AP during walls because they're usually not the breed I'm looking for or a breed I don't really care for overall. Not saying stop the mass breeding, I just don't want to see every single one of the eggs at one time for pages upon pages.

100% support. I tend to avoid the AP during walls because they're usually not the breed I'm looking for or a breed I don't really care for overall. Not saying stop the mass breeding, I just don't want to see every single one of the eggs at one time for pages upon pages.

Do you really see one breed for "pages and pages"? Please, give me a specific example. Because I haven't seen any wall last more then a half hour for months. I'm really confused about these long-lasting walls that people are talking about because I never see them, and I'm in the AP constantly.

I am guilty of occasionally massbreeding, but I ONLY breed my shinies, BSA dragons, popular breeds, and then just a few commons that have lovely lineages. While I don't really appreciate the people who clutter the AP with huge numbers of low-demand eggs, I don't really see a problem with the average user who takes the time to understand which eggs are likely to be picked up going wild with whatever's on their scroll. I've only seen one small wall in the past week, a two-breed wall of royal blues and bright breasted wyverns, and it only lasted maybe fifteen minutes or so before the AP was mostly back to normal.

What's interesting about the posts in this thread is that very few people are reporting seeing the SAME wall.

Brown and dark blue (trihorns ~Sock)

RB and BBW

Spotted greenwings

Neos

Sunstones

Balloons (I wish my grandson had been there for that - or even that I had; that's his passion !)

Falcons....

The variety would suggest that this really ISN'T that big a problem !

The only real walls I have ever seen were from 42's mints - and even they don't last long as people want them. Including ME !

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

What's interesting about the posts in this thread is that very few people are reporting seeing the SAME wall.

Brown and dark blue (trihorns ~Sock)

RB and BBW

Spotted greenwings

Neos

Sunstones

Balloons (I wish my grandson had been there for that - or even that I had; that's his passion !)

Falcons....

The variety would suggest that this really ISN'T that big a problem !

The only real walls I have ever seen were from 42's mints - and even they don't last long as people want them. Including ME !

What's really interesting is that ALL of those walls except the Neo one was instigated after the recent blow-up in the Mass-Breed hate thread. Falconis, Greenwings, Sunstones, and Balloons were my fault in one way or another, and the RB, BBW, and Trihorn were also in response to the thread.

What's even more interesting is that no mention of the Olive wall has been made, and we are down to incu-hatchables again.

So yes, I'd say that its fairly well proven that its not a big problem. But people tend to remember things and I think there's still a lot of angst given how badly the Cave used to be affected by mass walls. Bad memories and all that, and the AP-not-blocking-the-Biomes change, and how it changes how mass breeding affects people... I think it still hasn't sunk in for many of the older users just how very much that changed the affects of mass-breeding, and they are reacting in knee-jerk fashion whenever they see anything remotely resembling a wall.

Because I admit, despite my instigations.... The old style walls were BRUTAL, truly brutal and had no beneficial affects other than to the ratio of the mass-bred breed.

Cheers!

C4.

While some mass breedings are met with joy, others are met with groans of despair. In the in interests of balancing both camps, what if only 5 to 10 eggs in the AP can be from the same breeder at any given time?

Example: I breed 200 eggs to the AP. 5 / 10 of them will appear. Whenever one is grabbed, another one will pop up until all are gone. Since these "blocked" eggs will take longer to hit the AP than they normally would, they will be lower time than the surrounding eggs and thus more desirable, ensuring even really sluggish walls move a bit faster.

5 to 10 from the same breeder would be ok, if and only if, different breeds. Same breed? Not more than 2 or 3.

Not all of us OLD players are against the massbreeds.. I participate in every one that gets suggested. Just finished the Earth Day massbreed.. and I'm set to participate in the May 1st Spring Breeding event, the DC Anniversary massbreed event AND the Red Nose Day massbreed event.

They interfere with my personal projects a little, but I enjoy the massbreeds. They are FUN now and not anything like they used to be. I know, because I was here for the ORIGINAL Halloween massbreed event. Blacks and Vines filled the AP for over 3 days and that was back when the AP blocked the single Cave (before biomes).

But that kind of massbreed wall doesn't happen anymore. An AP wall rarely lasts more than a few hours now. Sure it might be annoying if you're not hunting for whats causing the wall, but that's not a reason to punish breeders. Just go do something else for a while and come back in a couple of hours.. the wall will most likely be gone by then.

Not all of us OLD players are against the massbreeds.. I participate in every one that gets suggested. Just finished the Earth Day massbreed.. and I'm set to participate in the May 1st Spring Breeding event, the DC Anniversary massbreed event AND the Red Nose Day massbreed event.

They interfere with my personal projects a little, but I enjoy the massbreeds. They are FUN now and not anything like they used to be. I know, because I was here for the ORIGINAL Halloween massbreed event. Blacks and Vines filled the AP for over 3 days and that was back when the AP blocked the single Cave (before biomes).

But that kind of massbreed wall doesn't happen anymore. An AP wall rarely lasts more than a few hours now. Sure it might be annoying if you're not hunting for whats causing the wall, but that's not a reason to punish breeders. Just go do something else for a while and come back in a couple of hours.. the wall will most likely be gone by then.

Very much with Cinn here. Not to mention there was a whine the other day "MINTS, OMG MINT WALL" - I rushed over in the hope that it was 42 - but it wasn't. Some of us actually enjoy these things.

And also I got LOADS I NEEDED the other day, from someone "mass" breeding (it wasn't, very, but I think I got the lot smile.gif) geodes - I'm sure they were the same breeder, and I got several to help raise a project that's been stalled for quite a while.

There are times when people WANT a load of one breed (on which note - also thanks to the people who have been dumping CB drakes, as I needed a lot of those too.)

The AP being full of one person's dross is wonderful for those of us who don't see it as dross. And the walls almost never last more than a couple of hours at most.

I have to say that I like this idea. While it can sometimes be fun to see an AP completely flooded with Turpentines, it gets old very very quickly and none of the eggs are appealing enough to pick up because none of them are unique. With this idea, only a few eggs of one breed should show up, making all the eggs seem more appealing - and if the eggs still get stuck for a few hours, then they'll be slightly lower time and even more appealing.

And if they're stuck behind the other eggs from the same breeder, then so what? They're still there, and if you want to grab all of the eggs of that breed, then you can - the others will show up as soon as you grab the first ones to show. This suggestion doesn't in any way impair massbreeds, as far as I can see - it simply allows a wider range of choice for hunters.

I'm going to suggest that only 5 eggs per breeder are allowed - that's just under a line of them, so it allows a choice of everything.

I'll also suggest that, once an egg is picked up and re-tossed, the egg then counts as having been dumped by that second user, so it doesn't count towards the 5-egg limit. That does leave open a way to grab eggs from the 5-egg wall and dump them so that it covers more of the AP, but that would still only allow another 5 eggs per person. With some collaboration it would be easy to flood the entire AP with one breed, but that hasn't really changed.

Just my +1 support and random thoughts on the topic smile.gif

Also, it's interesting to note the inverse correlation between opinions on massbreeds and opinions on this topic. I happen to be fairly neutral on the topic of walls; they're fun to see, but can become boring. So I'd like to keep their essence without the reality of them blocking all of the AP, which is exactly what this suggestion is for. I really hope this gets implemented at some point in the future biggrin.gif

As long as I'm not restricted on breeding and still can breed my entire scroll to AP in 1 go, and all the eggs could survive to be adopted and hatched, I don't care.

I hope nobody wants to limit the breeders themselves? Like:

you breed your eggs to AP, and then you get 'Sorry, you bred 10 eggs to AP and can't breed more till they start to be getting picked up' - you know, this would mean you can't breed to AP for next ~4 days! (this is more or less how much does it take for APed bred eggs to show up on AP, remember they add +1day to the egg timer:()

^this is a huge NO! And I hope nobody wants this...

Edited by VixenDra

you breed your eggs to AP, and then you get 'Sorry, you bred 10 eggs to AP and can't breed more till they start to be getting picked up' - you know, this would mean you can't breed to AP for next ~4 days! (this is more or less how much does it take for APed bred eggs to show up on AP, remember they add +1day to the egg timer:()

So far I don't see people seriously advocating limiting breeding. I know that I'm against that idea.

As long as I'm not restricted on breeding and still can breed my entire scroll to AP in 1 go, and all the eggs could survive to be adopted and hatched, I don't care.

I'm pretty sure that is NOT what is suggested. The 5 to 10 limit mentioned is only what can be seen in the AP at once, not what can be in the AP backlog.

I'm going to say no to this.

When the AP is clogged by eggs nobody wants, it drives more people to pick up caveborn eggs. This helps keep the biomes moving, and results in more caveborn eggs abandoned later. The AP time goes down, so once the unwanted eggs clear, there's lots of lower-time eggs for everyone to enjoy.

As long as eggs aren't staying in the AP so long they can no longer be influenced, I don't feel a need to change the current system.

Why not, djengis?

I still think this is the best solution for AP-walls. It doesn't restrict the breeder, who may be breeding really nice things, but it still helps the AP be more diverse.

When the AP is clogged by eggs nobody wants, it drives more people to pick up caveborn eggs.  This helps keep the biomes moving, and results in more caveborn eggs abandoned later.  The AP time goes down, so once the unwanted eggs clear, there's lots of lower-time eggs for everyone to enjoy.

Those are assumptions and I do not think that they are correct. If there's a clogged AP, I do not go to the biomes to pick up eggs. Why should I since I want AP eggs? When I see a wall of unwanted eggs, what I do is to log off and come back many hours (if not a day) later, when the time is lowered, to check if the good DC citizens picked up all the unwanted stuff. If we are going by assumptions, I assume that I'm not the only one.

Edited by SullenCat

My concern would be that the eggs that are not showing up immediately would run out of time before they make it to the abandoned pile. Although it would be nice to get neglected eggs from the AP provided the egg survives. Perhaps to avoid dead eggs hitting the AP the eggs on hold could have their timer slowed down a bit.

My concern would be that the eggs that are not showing up immediately would run out of time before they make it to the abandoned pile. Although it would be nice to get neglected eggs from the AP provided the egg survives. Perhaps to avoid dead eggs hitting the AP the eggs on hold could have their timer slowed down a bit.

Shouldn't the mass breeders be the ones to worry about that? For the eggs they bred and for the other eggs that stay in the queue? I can't be less concerned about that, once the eggs become inchuhatchable, people pick them up.

The timer IS slowed already: by the hour day added to AP eggs, no need to make that even worse.

Edit: because I should not multitask.

Edited by SullenCat

I dont really care much for the AP walls, i can grab some amazing lineages

no support

It wouldn't be hard to set things up to avoid it. Like, any egg under 2 days is not under the breeder stacking rule, and so definitely appears in the AP (unless it's a crazy situation with tons of really low time eggs, of course). Any egg that is that low should get snapped up by someone pretty quick, even if it's the ugliest inbred lineage, since not everyone cares so much about that.

It would be good to have just to be on the safe side, but I suspect it wouldn't even really be a problem.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

Good idea Pokemonfan13, having low time eggs go straight to the AP sounds better then having the timer slowed down in addition to the added hour.

W5aw5 - the AP adds a day, not an hour, I think.

I have to say I also like the idea of eggs <2d showing up in the AP regardless of breeder. If the eggs really do get that low for some reason, then they will get picked up more if the AP is literally full of them.

It wouldn't be hard to set things up to avoid it. Like, any egg under 2 days is not under the breeder stacking rule, and so definitely appears in the AP (unless it's a crazy situation with tons of really low time eggs, of course). Any egg that is that low should get snapped up by someone pretty quick, even if it's the ugliest inbred lineage, since not everyone cares so much about that.

It would be good to have just to be on the safe side, but I suspect it wouldn't even really be a problem.

Make that under 1 day, and you'll have lots of happy ND experimenters on your side. biggrin.gif

Joking aside, if a breeder has several eggs in the AP, obviously the oldest of them (=the eggs with the least time left to live) would be shown anyway, wouldn't they? And they'd probably get picked up way before hitting the 4 day mark as they'd be incu-hatchable by then.