RecycledHeart

July release

Just took a look at the completed list and a fav pink dragon of mine seems to have been taken off it~

Even did a search for it and it didn't show up.

Here's hoping that it ends up getting released at some point in the future~

I'm definitely glad we're slowly getting through the dragons in the backlog so that maybe one day we'll see the ones currently on the 'completed' list in the cave. Hopefully this weekend we'll get a new release!

EDIT: Swamp biome, anyone? Swamps are very different from all current biomes (swamps aren't forests, for one - some of them barely have trees). Granted, the 'swamp' system has lots of different versions, too... swamps, bogs, mires, marshes, fens... I want a Mosquito Dragon now. They'd annoy other dragons to death.

Well,I am currently working on an insect based dragon breed with different variations. I'm not sure but I think they will be pygmies though, since insects are small too. I can also include the Mosquito there xd.png

Just locked myself with eggs that I influenced, so I hope that there will be no new release until the very end of the month, just so that the ones that I have now can hatch. biggrin.gif

It seems like TJ is pretty good about releasing what the players are asking for. I'm expecting a new hybrid release, but I'm worried because I'm pretty sue most of the dragon types I collect won't be used in a hybrid mix. xd.png

Not fussed about what the release is particularly (hybrid seems likely but I'm a bit meh about hybrids to be honest, as I've not worked out how to incorporate them into my scroll organisation which irks me xd.png).

I'd guess this weekend, though it wouldn't totally suprise me if we had the first weekend of August instead, and none in July

Not too thrilled with hybrids myself for that exact reason. But I want a July Release, please with sugar on top?

Personally, I'm not interested on hybrids but, considering that so many want them, I'll be happy if a new one is released. At the same time, if the release will include ONLY hybrids, I will be feeling quite meh about that. Exactly like happened for the pygmy/drake/two headed release. Glad that it happened and made others happy but there was nothing for me to be excited about. And considering the low traffic following the release, I think I wasn't the only one. So, I'm really hopping that this incoming weekend there will be a multiple release, traditional dragons included biggrin.gif

I'm really hoping for a new desert dragon. We need some more pretties in there.

I'm still not ready for hybrids because I only have a few cbs on my scroll and mostly of them are paired up for lineages, but I would be really ok about them since we wouldn't have the new breed catching problem xd.png

Anyway,I still think we need more breeds in volcano though.

To be totally honest I'm totally not ready for another New Release yet. I'm still happily filling my Xenowyrm goals! I'm honestly a bit annoyed that I need to keep my scroll open for right now, 'cause it's close to New Release time. (I'm aware that I don't *have* to do that, I could just ignore the new release and keep going on my goals, but yeah not happening)

I'm ready for more red-colored dragons. We don't see enough of those.

Edited by Marie19R

I hope not. I have things to do and I can abandon none of my eggs. Plus, I am still on vacation. Please no.

Or a hybrid release. I have never been to one, and I really want to know what it is like. We need more hybrids!

Though to be honest, it feels like the Xeno release was too recently

I'm almost locked ATM but I'll have all 6 of my eggslots back by the release if it's when it was last time. (Saturday morning)

I'm grabbing Mages from the AP and incuhatching them for now. Just to be safe since I DO have four eggs to get 'cooked' by Saturday.

I've forced myself to stop catching eggs, to make sure I have the most slots available, just in case there's a new drop tomorrow/this weekend. smile.gif

Hmm I totally forgot this. I have 6 red eggs in my scroll at the moment so this means they will hit the ap in case that there is a new release. laugh.gif

...trying to resist hunting when your scroll is free is hard. Oh well, I have some vampire eggs I was going to release when the cooldown was up anyway, and an egg should hatch soon, so I'll have four slots. That's not terrible.

I do want a release...

But I'd really like if it were either an hybrid or a simple one breed release this time.

I do want a release...

But I'd really like if it were either an hybrid or a simple one breed release this time.

Well, Xeno's were one breed... technically. xd.png

Well, Xeno's were one breed... technically. xd.png

Well... Yes xd.png

That's why I said simple xd.png

Something like... One breed with dimorphism and that's it smile.gif

Probably I'm being selfish but I got all the Xenowyrms I need for now and I'm counting on the release because:

- the forum is quite more "alive" during the releases

- the biomes move faster and, once normal eggs start to mix, there are more chances of getting rares since more people online = more eggs and many are keeping their slots for new eggs

- eggs in the AP tend to have lower time than usual.

I'm not fussed with how many breeds are released at a time. Multiple breed releases are so exciting~ while one breed releases are easier to get my quota of, so that I can continue working on catching up with other breeds I'm not yet finished collecting.

Just hoping for a Release this week-end and, to echo a previously expressed sentiment, that they're easy to catch without becoming Blockers. (We have such lovely fantasies, lol.)

And having read through the thread, passing thoughts: hybrids are OK if you have and like the dragons involved, but I do think that you do need a Cave Release along with them, to make it An Event, lol.

I personally happen to feel that multiples are good because they increase the likelihood of each member liking at least one of the sprites and the Release of one sprite variation per biome last time livened up ALL biomes, which is super and would have been perfect if not for the Cave blockage progressively making it harder for them to appear fairly early on and for people not being able to catch enough of them.

But people do tend to want at least pairs of each and many at least enough of each for PB 3rd gens, even if they only want that many to have in case or for other reasons, so I still have fantasies of our getting that Time-based egg-slot for even pairs - especially before Halloween. (I live in my dreams...) but that would seriously help for all Releases, at all levels of those who've been here over a year already.

So yeah, single Releases have great advantages because people are more likely to be able to at least fill up on New Releases if they make the Flood and there are plenty for long enough, but even then full pairs aren't possible for anyone, not to mention that not everyone will like every sprite...

We usually get a mix of different numbers/types, though, and having the variation is great so, as stated, I'm personally just hoping for a Release everyone can catch which won't add to the outright blockers.

And while people with faster refreshes get to see and sometimes catch a better variety of dragons, the great bulk of us with slower systems may not see these at all, so there are very different experiences for the great bulk of members than there are for those with faster systems and especially the relative few with super-fast ones who actually can still catch any dragon Dropping in the Cave, so perceptions of each Release/regular hunting will vary a great deal among different groups.

One person's plenty may be invisible to most. A long-running collectables game of this type really ought to be fun and various currently possible goals achievable for the average player, something often enough worthwhile enough to play to keep everyone coming in regularly, even if new dragons aren't potentially expected at any minute, because they know they could get, or at least see, something they actually want/need any time they hunt, and won't chronically feel that their time here has been wasted.

Release Floods are generally great fun for almost everyone, but if too many people can catch the more desirable dragons they need some/more of ONLY then and not later, they have little incentive to come in at other times, if their searching is too often fruitless.

But one good thing is that people will be more likely to check in this week-end to see if there is a Release.

Apart from all else, I FINALLY got some decent eggs bred, had SO many people to gift after such sucky breeding for so long and was trying to see who was likely on with no luck, with so many now having hidden scrolls and not necessarily posting much. I thought I was continuing with trying to keep track of who got what, so I don't keep sending people the same eggs but evidently missed marking in one name, so if that person doesn't take the egg/answer they'll all be hatched today, (one already did, lol, although at least I can re-send that Teleport) when I break the Teleport to Influence/Incubate, (since I only pre-Influenced/Incubated a couple of them) and I'll have no idea who to re-send the Teleport for that to...

Really hoping that whoever that was sees this and knows that I'll keep the hatchy for a day or so before re-gifting it on, although I don't want any wasted by growing up on my scroll, and planned in breeding attempts for them to be hatchable well before any possible Release this week-end.

So there's another advantage to hopefully having a Release this week-end, lol.