RecycledHeart

July release

When the Ultraviolet release happened TJ didn't even tell us it was a hybrid. xd.png

I've never been around for a hybrid release. Does TJ give any hint of what the parents are?

Not usually, if I recall correctly, but the egg and/or the hatchies often are clues of their own. It would be too easy if he gave clues; even with the last few years of regular releases, there aren't that many dragons you can breed together. People usually figure it out quickly.

Edited by silver_chan

When the hellhorse came out during that week-long insanity, people figured out pretty quickly what it was hahaha. I mean... the name kinda gives it away, yes? Especially when you can see where things are in breed sort and make a good guess. Until recently, there weren't any dragons in alphabetical order between Hellfire and Horse.

But yeah, I'd love to see a hybrid too. No fighting off hordes of other people to try and snatch up pretties in the cave.

Edited by zaverxi

We have three July weekends left. :3 I'll really be surprised if it's this weekend.

I think the uncommonness of the Xenos makes them 'rare' enough to not want another disappearing dragon, thanks. But I WOULD take a Release soon!!

I'd like a Release where the dragon actually STAYS in the Cave after the Release week. Is that too unreasonable?

Agreed. I don't understand why so many people want rares, and never will. I still don't have all the Pyralspite colors (tho I'll get them eventually) and I'm just lucky I was active during the Xeno drop. I really hope that the July rrlease stays in the cave, though hopefully not as a blocker, lol.

I'd like a dragon with feathers... We need more avian dragons! laugh.gif

YES to that Silver Chan! I was more or less disgusted about the Pygmy/twohead/drake eggs instantly becoming Biome blockers! Can't we have a Release that's a happy medium between disappearing and becoming tiresome blockers?

Hybrids - sorta meh about them since they give the same problem to even lineages that the GoNs do - the base has nothing to do with the rest of the checker.

Yeah I don't want another cave blocker like the birthday ones anytime soon.

I rather have rares intentional or unitentional like the xenos.

The B-Day release just happened to be specialized types which aren't universal breeders and which not everyone collects at all.

So it was great that they were easy to catch, especially with 3 different sprites, just that we probably all wish that the appearance frequency could be switched with the Zenos, lol. I won't say actual Dropping frequency because the difference may come down more to 6 varieties of a new gorgeous sprite being snatched up and turning into trade fodder, whereas most people probably want only a few pairs of any dragon, however gorgeous, which isn't a more universal breeder and already have enough of those.

I think the weekend of the 25th would be great for any Release (I hope) we get, myself, don't really think any earlier would be likely.

I must say that I liked the Zeno Release having a dragon in each biome, to liven the whole thing up, and appreciated having the Flood run over two days, but personally, I'd have liked it to run several days longer, or at least having them drop far more heavily according to demand, so we could have avoided the whole 'trade fodder' issue... it was just having 6 of them, and such stunning sprites, which contributed to too few people getting enough of them off the hop to avoid that...

I think that fact that having 6 in different biomes also contributed since people could only take one of each and then an extra rather than filling up one version. So now a lot of people are trying to get pairs for each version.

I'm just leaving the Xenos alone for a while. They're still dropping well, so I figure after a couple months it'll be reasonable to get them. I'll try for any I see while I'm out hunting, though. Still need a couple Brown Coppers for my scroll goals, so I'll probably get a couple while I'm looking for those.

I'm hoping for a Release this weekend - I've begun seeing Xenos (very few) but still can't catch that final Mageia I need (to be female), so I may as well hope for new dragons that actually stay around without becoming Biome blockers like all three of the Bday release did.

I always look forward to new releases. biggrin.gif I don't care how many or how few, honestly. The people here are so generous, if you can't catch one sometimes, someone will almost always gift it to you, if you just ask.

Edit: Fingers faster than brain. DERP!

Edited by VictorianVivian

I am sort of prepared if it's this weekend. Just need to free up four more slots....

Sixteen hatchlings grow up tomorrow, which means I'll have five hatchlings and a LOT of space, unusual for the way I tend to pack my scroll. But, we'll see what happens. I'm still thinking it will be around the 25th. Two breeds is my preference, but only TJ knows!

Every egg I have right now will be incuhatchable in 8 hours, so if a release happens I should be good to go. I even have 7 slots total open, so I wouldn't be compelled to ditch any CB common hatchies this time like I did with the last release.

I don't see it happening this month, but of course I would love to be wrong. We've had pretty big releases the past few months so Tj might be taking a break.

I'm just leaving the Xenos alone for a while. They're still dropping well, so I figure after a couple months it'll be reasonable to get them.

They are?? when do you see them?? I haven't seen but 2 since the flood dried up and with people asking CB Golds for them I don't think they are dropping "well" at all.

Personally I'd like to skip this month and have an"early August" release laugh.gif

Edited by dragonpuck

I don't see it happening this month, but of course I would love to be wrong. We've had pretty big releases the past few months so Tj might be taking a break.

I didn't think it would happen last month either, but it did. I'm personally betting it will happen on the 25th, at noon-ish... and I'm still hoping for a hybrid, though a Cave-species and a hybrid combo would be good, too.