RecycledHeart

July release

So we just got an awesome six breed release for june. Do you think we won't get one for July because of it? Or do you think that we'll get an even more wicked release because of it?

Not six breeds, one breed.

But I won't really mind if we don't get a July release. I'll be too busy hoarding Xenowyrms laugh.gif

Late July, basic two breed release. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it! smile.gif

Since I firmly believe TJ is out to troll us biggrin.gif I say 3 new breeds this weekend.

Since I firmly believe TJ is out to troll us biggrin.gif I say 3 new breeds this weekend.

Lmffff, that's not trolling that's torture.

I think that if there will be a release it will be late in July, probably past weekend, and I hope only one or twp breeds. But I am going to hope once again we don't get one. That'll give me a chance to catch up, haha.

Single breed, end of the month. Either that or no release at all. I need a break from the last few large volume releases.

Edited by glamoursea2

Either the standard two to three breed release in the middle of the month or a single breed release at the end of the month.

As always, I hope for a hybrid.

Well he's been releasing once a month more or less for the past few so I don't see why he wouldn't do it again in July. As for how many, given that we just got the Xenowyrms right after the three-breed Birthday Release, I don't think it's true that it'll be only one species. I don't think TJ necessarily thinks or works that way.

Plus, even though there are six variants, the Xenowyrms technically are a one species release. So perhaps he will release multiple non-dimorphic non-alt breeds next time? If one release even affects the next release at all. I'm not sure it does. It seems to me that TJ just releases whatever appeals to him at that time on whatever schedule is most convenient for him. tongue.gif Which is entirely his right as site owner, don't get me wrong, but I personally haven't noticed any pattern beyond that.

Edited by Lurhstaap

I' hoping that TJ will release two or three breeds at the end of July. Perfectly happy if one is a hybrid smile.gif

I honestly think that the release will be towards the late half of the month (most of them seem to be ever since the schedule died, I've observed) and I'm thinking anywhere between 1-3 breeds, but no more than that. I'm actually betting more on 1-2, but I'm saying three because it isn't entirely unlikely, and I'm just covering my bases.

In the terms of no releases, there isn't a January one because the Christmas one just ended and the Valentines release follows soon after, but otherwise, I'm pretty sure there's a release every month (can't remember about November, but, I think most of the time there is one then, too). I don't think TJ would affect that pattern too much, because, unless you're a new/avid collector or an avid breeder, DC can get very...well...boring quickly, at least, IMO. That's why I vanished for about 2 years (back then there wasn't regular releases; TJ dropped something in when he felt like it and it was genuine chaos and excitement).

if I were to put money down, I'd bet on one new breed towards the end of July, or maybe two if they're both hybrids. yeah, I remember the months of no new releases, when it seemed we'd never see the end of Whiptails and Spitfires clogging the cave... I still haven't caught up with all the eggs I missed while I was on my own hiatus, and this release is just FANTASTIC. I'm kind of surprised the Xenowyrms weren't done as the Birthday release, but I'm glad we've got them now! biggrin.gif

if I were to put money down, I'd bet on one new breed towards the end of July, or maybe two if they're both hybrids. yeah, I remember the months of no new releases, when it seemed we'd never see the end of Whiptails and Spitfires clogging the cave... I still haven't caught up with all the eggs I missed while I was on my own hiatus, and this release is just FANTASTIC. I'm kind of surprised the Xenowyrms weren't done as the Birthday release, but I'm glad we've got them now! biggrin.gif

I believe they were released because of gay marriage being legalized in the entire country of the U.S.

I believe they were released because of gay marriage being legalized in the entire country of the U.S.

I doubt it. The b-day release was a "specialty" release - a pygmy, drake, and a two headed. In the past there have pretty much always been specialty b-day releases. The seven day release, the release of a bunch of new pygmies, etc. The Xeno release was a standard release, one dragon breed (though with different varieties)... it makes perfect sense to me that it wasn't the bday release, so I really don't think they were released because one country legalized gay marriage.

~

I'm hoping, as always, that the July release is something I recognize from the completed list. There are lots of things on the list that I think would be absolutely stunning additions to the cave.

The Xeno release was a standard release, one dragon breed (though with different varieties)... it makes perfect sense to me that it wasn't the bday release, so I really don't think they were released because one country legalized gay marriage.

I'm with RecycledHeart on this. It would be a bit too much of a coincidence to have a Rainbow release just after that ruling.

Edit: while I acknowledge that DC users are from different continents, the majority is still on the USA. Please don't throw rotten eggs, I live in the USA but I wasn't born here.

Edited by SullenCat

It could also be that was always the plan, since June is apparently Pride month anyway. Another one of my pet sites released a litter of pets that intentionally represented several of the sexuality and gender flags, at the start of the month.

...of course, it does seem a little too much of a coincidence that it happened literally a day before the release, so perhaps they had something else planned in the event it didn't get ruled the way it did. Maybe they'll release whatever that was in July.

Nevermind. It was a good theory, but I now have it on good authority that it's wrong. /shrugs.

Either way I am curious to see what they throw at us next xd.png

Edited by silver_chan

I think we'll still get something in July. Maybe a hybrid this time.

Though now that we officially have Wyrms in cave, I'm just hoping for Tanglewyrms soon.

Lol, I certainly hope that we do have a July Release!

As has been pointed out, there's about half the year where we often get no regular Releases, we still have a lot of catching up to do to get enough variety in the biomes to make hunting less boring, (along with the untaken biome eggs, at every 5-minute shuffle, being bunged into the AP in order to be actually raised, I hope,) and new dragons (which everyone can catch) always make such a difference to the site. smile.gif

That, and some of us have no lives, lol.

Lol, I certainly hope that we do have a July Release!

As has been pointed out, there's about half the year where we often get no regular Releases, we still have a lot of catching up to do to get enough variety in the biomes to make hunting less boring, (along with the untaken biome eggs, at every 5-minute shuffle, being bunged into the AP in order to be actually raised, I hope,) and new dragons (which everyone can catch) always make such a difference to the site. smile.gif

That, and some of us have no lives, lol.

...when you put it that way, it does make more sense to have one every month. It's interesting that they seem to have cycled to the back of the month instead of the start, but that does kind of make sense--most holidays that we get dragons for are at the last part of the month (Halloween, Christmas) or in the middle (Valentines). Maybe it will be like this from now on...? I could be ok with that, haha.

I want new shiny eggs but at the same time I also want moar time to hoard Xenowyrms... xd.png

Late July, basic two breed release. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it! smile.gif

^ My thoughts too smile.gif

I'll be happy with any new dragon(s) though! We only have a few more months until we're back in the DC holiday season, so the more the merrier biggrin.gif

If we end up even having a release this July (which I honestly hope for), it will probably be at the end of the month due to the fact that we now have six new dragons to lurk for in the cave. It would only be logical. smile.gif

I think it'd be kind of funny if we had one today tongue.gif no one would be expecting it (plus I am nearly egg locked and we only seem to have releases when I am nearly egg locked)

Nope; not today. They usually happen at either 12 or 1 my time

Edited by Angelina Gienah