TJ09

2015-06-27 - June Release

These are gonna be so rare... and I'm not happy with that >:( I want to hoard these!

Oh, they are :0?

Well, I feel stupid for trading mine now, lel

I'm still missing xenos from the desert, forest and jungle :c I managed to catch a CB gold but I haven't seen a xeno in hours! o:

don't give up hope, hubby caught himself a couple - he's done better than I have (on the same computer).

I believe he tried for that gold and wasn't fast enough smile.gif

Edited by daba555

Oh, they are :0?

Well, I feel stupid for trading mine now, lel

Birdz has said they are not intended to be rare . . .

Right now they seem rare, but it is probably just the high demand for them and the fact that they fly out of the biomes instantly when they do show up. I still don't think they are as common as the birthday release dragons, by any means, but we shall see in time what happens.

Birdz, where did you get the idea for the Thalasses color scheme? Did you base it on corals or was it just off the top of your head?

Water mana.

Back when TJ was trying to figure out what colour water mana was supposed to be, I jokingly said that it should totally be hot pink because just blue was boring.

He then took that thought like 500000 steps further and related it to coral, neatly enough. So, water mana is coral pink, with hints of blue in it.

So yeah I guess in a way, it's based on coral. |D"

That's birdz' answer to the question about the Thalasses

I have an extra forest xeno if anyone doesn't have one. Ugh, these dragons are so pretty.

Edit: Unfortunately, I feel like these guys are going to go the way of the Blusangs and Coppers in termsof rarity. As in, they are intended as common/uncommon, but due to their beauty, are rapidly collected and made rare by the community.

Edited by Shokomon

Wow, all but one of my Xenos gendered female. Granted my alpine xeno hasn't hatched yet, but still. Is this like a Pokemon thing, how some Pokemon species have a greater chance of being female than male, like Luvdisk and Clefairy?

Wow, all but one of my Xenos gendered female. Granted my alpine xeno hasn't hatched yet, but still. Is this like a Pokemon thing, how some Pokemon species have a greater chance of being female than male, like Luvdisk and Clefairy?

No I think it's all just random if you don't influence.

No I think it's all just random if you don't influence.

It's based on how many males and females you have. Everything of mine has been gendering male without influence because I have tons more females than males on my scroll.

It's based on how many males and females you have. Everything of mine has been gendering male without influence because I have tons more females than males on my scroll.

Actually that's not true.

It's entirely random.

That's birdz' answer to the question about the Thalasses

ah i didn't see that answer. but its only part of an answer to my question laugh.gif

i'm still curious about the hunting adaptations.

apex predators in the coral are generally drab in color to match the surrounding waters (eels, sharks, rays, ect) or have a cloaking mechanism to allow them to blend in (ie: octopus)

its the prey items at the coral reefs that are generally the high contrast colors.

i imagine that the Thala's are bigger than the average Grey Reef Shark (which tends to be the Apex predator in the Reef's ecosystem, though sometimes a Tiger will wander in), so sustaining their diet on a Coral Reef alone would only lead to the reef being depleted faster than it could replenish, so the larger Thala would also have to hunt off shore to obtain enough food to survive.

does the dragon swim upside down to use the belly as camoflouge and then pull a great white shark "hit and run" ambush attack? does it fly over the water and then dive down like a bird? does it have a sort of sonar that stuns its prey?

Omg, I don't have any full body drawings right now (because real life is very busy), but I plan on doing a reference sheet for them at a later date...

But goodness I would love to see anything you make of them. <3

I will be sure to post them :3 I probably will at some point make a tiny baby. They are too cute. I'll just have to figure out the pattern for the head... Hmmm...

And yeah I'll probably needle felt~ I might make a set next week cause I'm going to a fair for demo and need to needle felt something xd.png

I love to make tiny stuff so here's one of my favorites (held by my favorite Cybertronian <3 )

http://40.media.tumblr.com/c836aea7aa3df56...mjpko1_1280.jpg

I'm looking for a pair from the alpine and volcano. Need another egg from jungel.

But I can't see any.

They are so rare?

I'm looking for a pair from the alpine and volcano. Need another egg from jungel.

But I can't see any.

They are so rare?

Ratios catching up and user driven rare.

But I can't see any.

They are so rare?

As lots of people have been saying, they're dropping more often than, say, Coppers, Silvers, or Golds, but they're being snatched up super duper fast because everyone wants a lot of them.

I refuse to speculate about their rarity at this point, but the spriter has said she didn't intend for them to be rare.

I refuse to speculate about their rarity at this point, but the spriter has said she didn't intend for them to be rare.

The spriter who made the coppers said the same thing when coppers were released.

Coppers weren't intended to be rare either. Just throwing that out there.

Anyway yeah I think its still too early to decide rarity. We had a pretty long drop after all.

The spriter who made the coppers said the same thing when coppers were released.

...true, but this is more me clinging desperately to the hope that I can catch some more of these guys one day than anything rational /sigh

These adults look so pretty!

So detailed and wonderful.

ah i didn't see that answer.  but its only part of an answer to my question  laugh.gif

i'm still curious about the hunting adaptations.

apex predators in the coral are generally drab in color to match the surrounding waters (eels, sharks, rays, ect)  or have a cloaking mechanism to allow them to blend in (ie: octopus)

its the prey items at the coral reefs that are generally the high contrast colors.

i imagine that the Thala's are bigger than the average Grey Reef Shark (which tends to be the Apex predator in the Reef's ecosystem, though sometimes a Tiger will wander in), so sustaining their diet on a Coral Reef alone would only lead to the reef being depleted faster than it could replenish, so the larger Thala would also have to hunt off shore to obtain enough food to survive.

does the dragon swim upside down to use the belly as camoflouge and then pull a great white shark "hit and run" ambush attack?  does it fly over the water and then dive down like a bird?  does it have a sort of sonar that stuns its prey?

This is a good point.

PERHAPS they can do all of the above? Bearing in mind that these are supposed to be quite intelligent creatures.

I believe it was said that they ARE able to come ashore at times, as well.

Edited by Silverswift

I am hopeful that the current scarcity is just the result of them being the only thing dropping in all six biomes for days--plus the large number of them making people need to collect more to meet their personal quotas--but I've also not seen ANY in quite a few forays into the cave since the mass drop ended. I have a pretty fast new computer; there is a difference between "sometimes seen never caught" and "where are the bloody things." Right now it seems to be the latter. >___< *clutches hers close*

Are these egss still available? I have been unable to get a single one since I heard about them :C

Still available, just elusive at the moment.

Same situation here! Except for me it's a Gaia who hasn't gendered yet. Only my Mageia gendered male ._.

I am hopeful that the current scarcity is just the result of them being the only thing dropping in all six biomes for days--plus the large number of them making people need to collect more to meet their personal quotas--but I've also not seen ANY in quite a few forays into the cave since the mass drop ended. I have a pretty fast new computer; there is a difference between "sometimes seen never caught" and "where are the bloody things." Right now it seems to be the latter. >___< *clutches hers close*

I don't know. I found them easier to see and it seems a lot of people have been posting that they are easier to catch and see at times when there don't seem to be a lot of people hunting in the biomes (like in the early morning EST hours or later in the evening).