RecycledHeart

May Release

Sooo I'm leaning towards a may release because last year we did have one. I'm thinking another single dragon release, hopefully a pygmy, drake, two-headed, lindwyrm, unbreedable or a dino.

What are all of y'alls thoughts on this?

Perhaps for the birthday event, but otherwise late in the month as this one was. I'll take a hybrid myself.

I believe we will have one later this month for the Birthday celebration.

Isn't the birthday next week some point though? Normally that's when the month's release is and I hope it's nothing like last year, that was way too much.

I wouldn't mind another alt or hybrid. something easy and fun to get.

Every month, I hope for pygmies, drakes, or two-heads. xd.png I just want more checker options for them!

I would love another hybrid or new color for striped dragon - yellow with white stripes or brown/pink/orange? It would be so lovely to get new one smile.gif

I hope it's nothing like last year, that was way too much.

I wasn't there for last year birthday, could someone tell me what happened at that time - if its off topic, I gladly receive a PM about it smile.gif

It would be lovely to have another pygmy or two head, I love these biggrin.gif

Most of the pygmies we have were originally a birthday release so there's hope for them yet :3

2014 was Avatars, 2013 was Teimarrs, Bloodscales, Black Teas, Hellfires, Coppers, Blacktips and Seragammas, 2012 was Tsunami, UV and Lumina, 2011 was 5 pygmy breeds, and the news section doesn't seem to go further than that.

I think the May release will be on the 8th, when DC's 'birthday' is. The idea of an early May release fits with the super light late-April release.

I do hope the birthday bash isn't too much. 2013's week of back-to-back releases was overkill imo. What I'd like this year is maybe two breedable-only's, a Dragon or Wyvern and then a Drake or Pygmy (we're short on Drakes and Pygmies).

I'd like either Frills or Old Pinks reReleased. Another hybrid could be kinda fun too. The only pygmies I liked were the BokChoy and the Giant Pygmy (which seems like an oxymoron).

Most of the pygmies we have were originally a birthday release so there's hope for them yet :3

2014 was Avatars, 2013 was Teimarrs, Bloodscales, Black Teas, Hellfires, Coppers, Blacktips and Seragammas, 2012 was Tsunami, UV and Lumina, 2011 was 5 pygmy breeds, and the news section doesn't seem to go further than that.

It does go back a bit further (and I guess it used to go back even further), but I can't find anything specific I'd pin to Dragon Cave's birthday. There was 'Insert Witty Title Here' in May 2010, and some 'State of the Cave' threads, though. Mod Mayhem was in April 2010, though, so perhaps that's why there was no birthday release. </rampant speculation>

On the topic of a May release, I'd love more drakes. Ochredrakes and Glaucus Drakes are some of my favourite sprites and there's unfortunately so little I can do with them. So I'm going to indulge in wishful thinking that there will be a birthday release that releases a bunch of new drakes (maybe analoguous to the pygmy release of 2011 a whole five species, that would be sweet; or nine, that would be sweet, too).

Hm...

The thing is, for me, I love any new release, but what would be coolest is if there was something that would catch on in the future and be popular. For example, the Avatars. But I would also like a two headed and a pygmy. The only drake I actually like is the Glaucus drake...so that number needs to increase. We need more drakes as well.

Maybe for the birthday, do one of each specie on each day? A dragon, a dino, a pygmy, a two-headed, a drake, and maybe an unbreedable?

I want hybrids. So that we don't have to PANIC. A couple of hybrid pygmies or drakes would be VERY cool smile.gif

ETA @ Esko - not two unbreedables in one go, please - dinos are unbreedable too. But I REALLY don't think we need more things like that.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Dragon Cave's actual birthday is in late may. The Great May 8 Birthday Breeding is being hosted by me and was created because of the speculation before the April release and in part because of speculation before the May Release.

I'd like a hybrid because they are easiest to work with as long as they aren't something involving a limited species again. I'd also like a drake. I'm not a fan of many of the pygmies or two-headed species in general. I think a simple 1-3 breed release would be fine as well. A re-release of frills and bright pinks would be amazing.

These past two years have had chaotic birthdays and many people went away disappointed because they couldn't breed avatars or catch everything that they wanted (I still only caught my 3rd CB green copper this year--my first two were caught on the day they were released). I think we need something far calmer.

Edited by Jazeki

I'd like either Frills or Old Pinks reReleased. Another hybrid could be kinda fun too. The only pygmies I liked were the BokChoy and the Giant Pygmy (which seems like an oxymoron).

I 100% agree with everything you said. I missed the birthday last year and while part of me wants another back to back release (more dragons released means less on the completed list) another part of isn't sure if I want to deal with all that stress.

I'd like another hybrid. They're really interesting and sometimes it's nice to not have everyone stalking the cave competitively out of fear that the new dragon will wind up being uncommon.

Also wouldn't mind another drake - I'm not a big fan of pygmies or 2-headed dragons but I'd like more options for pretty Howler or Glaucus lineages (my 2 fav drakes).

Dragon Cave's actual birthday is in late may. The Great May 8 Birthday Breeding is being hosted by me and was created because of the speculation before the April release and in part because of speculation before the May Release.

I'd like a hybrid because they are easiest to work with as long as they aren't something involving a limited species again. I'd also like a drake. I'm not a fan of many of the pygmies or two-headed species in general.  I think a simple 1-3 breed release would be fine as well. A re-release of frills and bright pinks would be amazing.

These past two years have had chaotic birthdays and many people went away disappointed because they couldn't breed avatars or catch everything that they wanted (I still only caught my 3rd CB green copper this year--my first two were caught on the day they were released). I think we need something far calmer.

I'd looked it up not long ago and thought it was the 22nd or something?

'... A re-release of frills and bright pinks would be amazing. ...'

Ooooooo, you've got that right!

And that would be SO appropriate for a DC B-Day celebration!

*lives in dreams*

Well, hectic is one thing, but it's not being able to catch/breed the dragons that's the problem, really, isn't it?

Personally, I really enjoyed the 7 Dragon Release B-Day, and the only problem I can recall offhand with that was the rapid disappearance of the Coppers.

And because I missed last year's B-Day, I was pleased to have missed nothing more than an additional GoN (which clearly needs obedience training; that 3rd one still won't come when Summoned,) and the Avatars (which my two GoN don't seem very big on producing) and remarkably few Releases - something which I hope will be made up for this year, and promising well so far. smile.gif

Hybrids are great when you happen to have pairings you can make to try to breed them and actually have some produced, but if you don't...

I wish two more Pygmies and one more Drake breed for the cave in May!

*hopefully it helps that today is my birthday*

*looks at her date book* blink.gif Noooo...

... I'll have to buy a new computer-like device for travelling, because I'm going to be away exactly on DC's birthday and the days after. Why can't all events in the world be planned so that they don't interfere with DC playing? tongue.gif

*looks at her date book* blink.gif Noooo...

... I'll have to buy a new computer-like device for travelling, because I'm going to be away exactly on DC's birthday and the days after. Why can't all events in the world be planned so that they don't interfere with DC playing? tongue.gif

Hey if you think you'll have any trouble getting any new eggs that might be released, I'll be happy to catch some for you smile.gif

Any release would be nice,but a rerelease of Frills and Bright Pinks would be a total win.

Still,I must change things in my program,since I always go out with the dog for two hours and that's the moment when all releases seem to start.Somewhere between 7 pm and 9 pm my time.Guess I'll just keep stalking the news section and the biomes.

I would be fine for another hybrid; I just don't want the hybrid to be like last birthday.

However, since the birthday is on the 22nd, I'm assuming that it's going to be a regular release.

Personally, I'm hoping for pygmies or a re-release of Frills.

I would be fine for another hybrid; I just don't want the hybrid to be like last birthday.

However, since the birthday is on the 22nd, I'm assuming that it's going to be a regular release.

Personally, I'm hoping for pygmies or a re-release of Frills.

Frills would be amazing. I never really liked the old Pinks so I never bothered to collect any but I did like the Frills so it makes me sad that I only have one CB. I thought I'd have plenty of time.....

I'm guessing that any release will most likely be tied to a birthday event, seeing as how the last two releases were toward the end of the month and iirc DC's birthday is the 21st or 22nd.

Like others have said, a rerelease of Frills would be cool (Personally I'm not so sure about the Bright Pinks, because unlike the artist of the Frills, their artist is no longer around. Just my $0.02.) or several new hybrids (9 hybrids for the 9th birthday, perhaps? c:) would be fun. Aside from the drama around not having GoNs/Trios, last year's release of the Avatars and experimenting with breeding to find out what breeds produced which Avatar was much more enjoyable to me than just 'everyone stalk the cave and hope none of the breeds turn rare'.

As my birthday is on the 22nd, I would very much like something new that I can actually catch and breed and look at and has a catch date on the 22nd biggrin.gif

I do hope it's a proper release this year (I'm not a fan of hybrids in general tbh, and last years was dead boring for me with my 0 adult GoN). But I don't want another large release like the 7th b-day as that was way too much hard work, especially with the coppers thrown into the middle of it without any indication of rarity.

Re-release of Frills +/- Old Pinks would make my year though!