RecycledHeart

May Release

I actually want to see Frills return alongside a brand new birthday release, not instead of a brand new release.

This is my fondest hope! wub.gif

I do expect there will be some sort of release, on the 21st, and maybe other events, features, over the week following. Ever since the 5th birthday, it seems like there are all kinds of possibilities for the event every year.

TJ does know how to throw a party! biggrin.gif

I really would kill for a frilled and a BP on my scroll, honestly. I'd also love something big in size. I love the Colossus dragons, and the Two-headed lindworms also look pretty big...

Patiently waiting for Kitten Cave

You've essentially already created that through events XD

I'm hoping for some sort of leviathan. We need more sea dragons!

Yeah I'd take a sea dragon! Ugh theres sooooo many dragons on the completed list I'd love to see that at this point I'll be happy for anything.

There's only five truly seafaring dragons. Ocean covers ~70% of earth's surface, so I think Valkemare would be similar. Sea life is so diverse, and I think the same would be true for dragons tongue.gif

Patiently waiting for Kitten Cave

Have a scroll composed entirely of frozen s1 Pillow and Black Tea hatchies. xd.png

EDIT: On the subject of sea dragons, didn't there used to be leafy and weedy sea dragons on the WIP list? Also I'd love to see a whale shark-inspired dragon.

Edited by Dewdropmon

You've essentially already created that through events xd.png

There are never enough cats, my people need me!

Have a scroll composed entirely of frozen s1 Pillow and Black Tea hatchies. xd.png

EDIT: On the subject of sea dragons, didn't there used to be leafy and weedy sea dragons on the WIP list? Also I'd love to see a whale shark-inspired dragon.

I just finished a Sea dragon concept if that floats your boat xd.png And yeah you're right I feel like I did see a Leafy Sea dragon concept before, maybe its in the works?

I just finished a Sea dragon concept if that floats your boat xd.png And yeah you're right I feel like I did see a Leafy Sea dragon concept before, maybe its in the works?

Do you mean the Baleen Sea Dragon? That is pretty interesting. But I'm still curious what happened to the leafy and weedy ones. I didn't see them the last time I went through the WIP list.

DC's Birthday is May 21, though new releases have been on the 22nd in the last 3 years.

2006, May 21 - The original species were released: Black, Blue Dino, Green Dino, Green, Mint & White

2011 - 5th Birthday, May 21 - 5 Pygmy breeds: Dark Myst, Crimson Flare, Misfit, Seawyrm & Nilia

2012 - May 22 - Lumina, Tsunami Wyvern & Ultraviolet

2013 - May 22 - Black Capped Teimarr, Gilded Bloodscale, Blsck Tea, Hellhorse, Copper, Black Tea, Seragamma Wyvern

2014 - May 22 - Avatars of Change, Destruction & Creation

DC Wiki Release Timeline

Edited by JaneMcAsh

DC's Birthday is May 21, though new releases have been on the 22nd in the last 3 years.

2006, May 21 - The original species were released: Black, Blue Dino, Green Dino, Green, Mint & White

2011 - 5th Birthday, May 21 - 5 Pygmy breeds: Dark Myst, Crimson Flare, Misfit, Seawyrm & Nilia

2013 - May 22 - Black Capped Teimarr, Gilded Bloodscale, Blsck Tea, Hellhorse, Copper, Black Tea, Seragamma Wyvern

DC Wiki Release Timeline

Thanks!

The information is muchly appreciated! smile.gif

Do you think that since the 21st is a Thursday that Fri the 22nd would be again more likely?

Assuming that we get a Release, if it starts at noon rather than DC midnight, might be some unhappy people unless the Flood lasts at least 12 hours...

And if we should be lucky enough to get a multiple-day Release, I do hope we get advance warning...

For the 7-day one, I alternated 4 and 3 of each sprite, which worked pretty well, apart from the Coppers, but I'd hope we'd get Commons for any such extravaganza after that experience.

You're welcome... since my birthday is the 21st, it's easy to remember DC's birthday laugh.gif !

DC Wiki Release Timeline

what happened to 2007-2010?

what happened to 2007-2010?

As you can see on the timeline, there simply were no dedicated Birthday events/releases in these years.

ahhh but that's such a shame. I hope tj gives us a birthday event every year.

I dunno but suspect that perhaps it just didn't occur to him at first, but by then it was evident that the site was viable as a long-term game, and now it's an annual thing.

There'd be much weeping and gnashing of keys if we ever had a DC B-Day go by without some sort of Release, lol.

Edit: and happy advance B-day to JaneMcAsh!

Edited by Syphoneira

*stops using Pinks so they can all be available for the Birthday*

I'm glad I keep my Reds on a sort of rolling system with a big buffer or I'd have been worrying about those for a week already.

I expect that from now on, with the precedent set, there'll be something to celebrate the birthday every year.

Re-relasing old pink and frilled would be nice.

I would also like a mass relase of Drakes and two Head dragons (maybe 4 per kind?). They wouldn't be rare, their purpose would be to increase the number of their species, that's all smile.gif

Just wait - we'll have my fantasy 2-week, nicely spaced multiple Release starting today, since I have eggs I couldn't/wouldn't drop, lol - and it'll start with re-Released Bright Pinks AND Frills.

I shouldn't post where Murphy can see it. xd.png

[snip]

DC Wiki Release Timeline

Well, that's not entirely correct.

Last year's release definitely was on May, 21st. The release post was on the 21st (12 am, 0:00 for people with 24 hour systems), and I have an Avatar from that day as well. wink.gif

2013 the release of new dragons indeed started on the 22nd, because on the 21st the new forum avatars were "released".

2012's release post started with an apology for being late, since due to moving to a new home TJ only managed to start at 10 pm (22:00) DC time. But it was May 21st (DC time) nonetheless.

So, DC's birthday is on the 21st, and I expect the release will be on that day as well.

I loved the "7-Dragons-in-7-Days" - it was epic, and that made it epic to be part of it (albeit a little exhausting). But I don't think a mass release of that magnitude will happen again anytime soon. (That's what made it... well... epic. wink.gif )

I'd also think that the release will have more than one breed if it's "regular" dragons. (Like, three regular breeds with adult but no hatchling dimorphism, giving TJ 9 eggs for the 9th birthday). Or, if it is just one dragon, it will be quite special somehow - re-release, new type of dragon, unbreedable, new BSA, or something with lots of or very specific variations (like Stripes, Gemshards, Avatars or things like that). Perhaps another one besides the Avatars that works with the new element/magic system.

That said - I'd be happy with some new Drakes, Two-Heads or Pygmies (in that order), and I really like the concept of Hybrids, so huzzah! to that as well.

However - if a dragon's looks and character appeal to me, it doesn't matter what else it might have (variations, BSAs, breeding oddities), and if they don't, all the rest can't make up for that (on the contrary, it would only be sad to have cool concepts "wasted" on a dragon that I don't like). So here's hoping for some gorgeous, likeable, interesting dragon(s) ! wink.gif

(And for a release that doesn't go on longer than the 22nd, because the days after I'll be on a trip with no Internet access...)

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

I must admit that, against any rational thought, I'm hoping that tonight TJ will start the Birthday Week since the BDay falls on a Thursday smile.gif Am I silly or what?