TJ09

2015-03-28 - March Release

Hmmm. TJ has a lot of gemstone eggs..... Perhaps there will be alts? rolleyes.gif /shot

Pretty hatchlings! Well I guess my guess was sorta right rolleyes.gif

The Puddle pose reminds me of this:

user posted image

It would be very cool if that was the adult pose as well..

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad I decided to take a peek at DC instead of just waiting until 3am EST (midnight Neopian Standard Time) to hop on the computer to do my Neo dailies and check the goings on of DC otherwise I probably would've TOTALLY missed this release...only thing that would've made this new release even BETTER is if it had happened March 23rd cause it was my 40th by.*ducks and blushes*

user posted image

This is what I think the striped ones are. biggrin.gif

Sea dragons based on seadragons who are named after mythical dragons. That's so meta. laugh.gif

Edit: And oh, I guess I didn't then but I knew they were ruby, emerald, sapphire? I didn't know there were more than two but I still don't see the ones I'm thinking of in the completed section anymore?

Edited by zaverxi

Hmm, it dropped at 1pm on a saturday? What happened to midnight- midnight? Is it still 24 hour drops or does it end at midnight?

I would love a seahorse looking sea dragon! smile.gif

Hmm, it dropped at 1pm on a saturday? What happened to midnight- midnight? Is it still 24 hour drops or does it end at midnight?

Drops are random now. Who knows when this will end? Regular eggs are already in the mix. :/

Edited by MedievalMystic

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad I decided to take a peek at DC instead of just waiting until 3am EST (midnight Neopian Standard Time) to hop on the computer to do my Neo dailies and check the goings on of DC otherwise I probably would've TOTALLY missed this release...only thing that would've made this new release even BETTER is if it had happened March 23rd cause it was my 40th by.*ducks and blushes*

Happy birthday ^^

Mine is may, so these are a little early, haha

Well, I got two plated (gendered a pair), two gemstones (gendered a pair), and one seaweed one or whatever their name is :3 also incubated three of them (it only now occurred to me that I should've incubated one of each >~<)

I was in NYC all day and decided to check up and upon seeing the empty biomes and oodles of people in the forest and jungle checked the forum, soooo glad I did!

Edited by DovahInAhrkZoriik

Well, my other egg hatched and I was hoping for another condensed stripey guy (Hatchies do look Eastern!) to make a pair of each, but wound up with another Plate - hope these will all be common, SO pretty so far!

Thank you so much, spriters - I can't wait to see plate babies and all of the adults!

Edit: happy B-day, Shin'a'in! smile.gif

Edited by Syphoneira

The 5 min ones aren't very long, they barely last a minute before everything gets snagged, the hourly drops last longer but there's also the hourly lag and more players so it's actually harder to hunt than the 5 min drops, in my opinion.

I see. smile.gif And for how many days does this last? I have 3 eggs that hatch tomorow in 19 hours, and I still need to catch myself the two other species. :X

It's usually 3 days if I'm not mistaken, right?

Congratulations to Odeen, JOTB, and all other additional spriters yet unrevealed! I can't wait to see your new creations!

And now if you'll pardon me I have to go bury myself in a pile of those gemstone hatchlings. xd.png They are SO CUTE. They look much more like actual babies than most S1 hatchlings-- the big round heads tapering down to the snubbed snouts, the sweet eager/hesitant posture, the little upcurved tails. I'm curious to see whether they end up as more cute/babyish-looking adults or whether it's just the hatchlings looking their age. Either way I think I'm going to need an army of frozen ones to cuddle. ^.^

I'm excited to see how the condensation hatchlings grow, too! So they can both swim and glide, like flying fish, but they're Forest rather than Coast dragons so I'm imagining them in rivers and tree canopies... something small and lithe and fringed and camouflaged? Lots of potential.

You know what those baby gemstones make me think of? The baby dragons in the Spyro games.

I see. smile.gif And for how many days does this last? I have 3 eggs that hatch tomorow in 19 hours, and I still need to catch myself the two other species. :X

It's usually 3 days if I'm not mistaken, right?

These are not Holidays eggs , they will be available as long as there is a Dragon Cave biggrin.gif

hope these will all be common,

It won't matter. If other releases are any indicator, they'll vanish when the release is over and we'll be lucky to catch a glimpse of them once in a blue, blue moon.

Um, it hasn't been midnight for a REGULAR release in about two years. When TJ introduced regular updates where he announced the days ahead of time, they were set to 1pm EST on a Saturday so that everyone could have a chance at them. 1pm Saturday means even people all the way east like Australia and Japan etc could still at least try to grab them since it'd be Sunday for them and thus normally also a day off. And 1pm so people in Europe can grab them in their evenings. Far as I can tell, it's mainly just Middle East/parts of Russia/India that miss out because it's middle of the night for them, but I'm not sure how much of the playerbase is from there. Pretty sure the majority are Americans, Europeans, and Asians, correct me if I'm wrong though!

These are not Holidays eggs , they will be available as long as there is a Dragon Cave biggrin.gif

I think they meant how long will they be nicely laid out for us lol

I really hope I get a red gem, red is my favorite color *-*

Regular releases have moved to 1 PM as of late. Only holidays start at midnight.

Yeah, I know that, but how long until this particular release period ends? (you know, the period when the only dragons we can get out of the biomes are these) smile.gif

It won't matter. If other releases are any indicator, they'll vanish when the release is over and we'll be lucky to catch a glimpse of them once in a blue, blue moon.

Especially if those blue guys are Easterns too, no doubt. We haven't had a common, normally distributed Eastern before.

You know what those baby gemstones make me think of? The baby dragons in the Spyro games.

The head reminds me of black tea dragons, they have a similar arch and rather plain head.

Hmm...I took a look at the views between the Plate and one of the Gem ones. The plate ones have more views/UVs than the Gems. With that and other htings I've hearing about drop frequency compared to the other ones...I have a funny feeling the Plates will be rares.

Yeah, I know that, but how long until this particular release period ends? (you know, the period when the only dragons we can get out of the biomes are these) smile.gif

??? until the regular eggs start dropping, of late that has happened sooner than later, someone above said other eggs are dropping so ( though I see still no eggs in the other biomes) as far as I know there hasn't been a long release drop since there was a near riot because a new release back then went for DAYS and DAYS with just one dragon, ( sorry my remebery can't name the dragon I just remember how frustrating it was ) .

Only Valentines and Christmas are 3 day solid drop ,Halloween lasts only one day

Edited by dragonpuck

Hmm...I took a look at the views between the Plate and one of the Gem ones. The plate ones have more views/UVs than the Gems. With that and other htings I've hearing about drop frequency compared to the other ones...I have a funny feeling the Plates will be rares.

I've been thinking the plates will be rare too. They were the hardest for me to catch. Now I am not so sure since the lovely gems have hatched. I'm going to definitely try for more blue ones since I see some sparkle going on in their scales.

If you sort dragons by breed on your scroll, the gemstone one is between ember and geode, so I can predict its name will be Gemstone or Gem dragon. The plated one is between Cassare and Dark Green and the condensation puddle one is between striped and sunset, but I can't think of possible names for them