Jazeki

So Your Dragons Refuse To Go Near Each Other

Did you use Fertility, Syiren? (just curious about the quota of refusals with Fertility)

I have yet to get a refusal from a pairing when using fertility.

Also, I'll update eventually, everyone. There's a lot of math involved and it's time consuming. rolleyes.gif

My female GoN refused male Turpentine.

That's the first refusal I've had after the fertility update.

Turpentines are supposed to refuse a lot - they are ULTRA picky and also kind of poisonous....

Did you use Fertility, Syiren? (just curious about the quota of refusals with Fertility)

No, I didn't try that, though I'm definitely going to for the next potential mate and will be crossing my fingers the entire time. I just tried breeding him another one, and both my other pairs bred gemshards. Sigh~ hopefully this bad luck gets worked out now and leaves me alone for the Halloween event.

Updated monthly stats through September. I'm holding off on updating the breeds right now because it takes a lot of work.I may do some today if I have time. I would love to get help with updating the spreadsheet.

I just had my very first refusal with Fertility after the Fertility change. To be fair, that pair *had* refused before (Lurker and Hellhorse) but I hoped that with the holiday refusal reset (which made them successfully breed) and the new Fertility, I'd have a chance to get them together outside of Halloween ...

Forgotten to use Fertility

A CB Red and an CB Autumn Seasonal

Time from the action log: Nov 03, 2016, 05:51 pm

I just had my very first refusal with Fertility after the Fertility change. To be fair, that pair *had* refused before (Lurker and Hellhorse) but I hoped that with the holiday refusal reset (which made them successfully breed) and the new Fertility, I'd have a chance to get them together outside of Halloween ...

2nd attempt at reconciliation of a holiday/non-holiday pair that had refused prior to the Fertility change failed sad.gif

https://dragcave.net/lineage/IPr0f and https://dragcave.net/lineage/cEJu1 are apparently enemies forever, outside of Halloween.

Looks like the new Fertility cannot be used to fix refusals frombefore the change, even if the holiday frenzy allows a temporary reset.

Looks like the new Fertility cannot be used to fix refusals from before the change, even if the holiday frenzy allows a temporary reset.

No - TJ did say that wouldn't work, unfortunately.

No - TJ did say that wouldn't work, unfortunately.

Dang, I missed that. Where was that?

Did some test breedings without fertility - 7 Witchlight x Flamingo pairs, 1 refusal.

Dang, I missed that. Where was that?

In the News thread where he announced the change: August Site Update

Fertility Dragons that have had their fertility increased via the Purple Dragon's BSA have a significantly reduced chance of refusing another dragon. This only works for new pairings; existing pairs (successful or not) are unaffected by the new behavior.

I've been working on a Common EG lineage (progress is in my profile tongue.gif), and so far, I've only had one refusal.

I decided that those dragons that I have to re-breed because of refusal are now zombie fodder. *waits for last day of November*

I've been working on a Common EG lineage (progress is in my profile tongue.gif), and so far, I've only had one refusal.

I decided that those dragons that I have to re-breed because of refusal are now zombie fodder. *waits for last day of November*

You do know that November only has 30 days, not 31? Maybe wait a month longer since it's specifically the 31st that's supposedly giving higher chances at Zombies wink.gif

So, I realized way too late that I had a Speckle-throated dragon x Autumn, with no autumn mate. Being locked with Christmas eggs, I thought I'd take a chance at breeding to the AP and finding one in the scrum after the holidays disappear.

I bred 10 pairs of Male STD x Female Autumn starting at 5:50 p.m. and ending at 5:55 Cave Time on December 20, 2016. Out of 10 pairs, I had 3 refusals. I didn't keep the specific pairs because I didn't think anything of it until the 3rd refusal, which was:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/6kQAW x http://dragcave.net/lineage/qqikq

That's a 33.333% refusal rate. Seems high to me, even on the last day of Autumn breeding. If it makes a difference, the 7 remaining pairs had one no-interest, 5 STDs and exactly 1 autumn. Arrgh.

My only CB Astrapi refused my only CB Pyro. Oh well.

Edit : ..They're supposed to have a hard time getting along? ...uugh.

Edited by Kraz

URGH yellow x black zuy refusal. Remind me to use fertility on the rest of my zuymorphs. >.>

First time seeing this thread.

Was gonna do a SeasonalxSoulstone lineage, but the pair refused.

I "argh'ed" when that happened.

These two are from when Fells were originally released, and I gave them matching names. Recently I bred them and didn't think I needed Fertility. They refused rolleyes.gif I guess they hate each other because they disagree about eating rocks?

I've just started breeding (instead of AP collecting) and of my 8 breedings so far 4 have been refusals!

Bright-Breasted x Skywing

Blacktip x Black Tea

Pink x Pink

Pink x Pink

I got 3 eggs from the other 4 pairs so I can't complain, and none of the refusal pairings were special. But it did prompt me to hunt around the forum to find out what the usual ratios are and found this thread.

I will definitely be prioritising going purple hunting (and PMing my very generous mentor, nooey).

Edited by Sachqua

I have a cave born male pink who is being especially snooty. He has denied two of his suitors so far. You're holding up a lineage project here, dude <.<

When I catch another CB pink I'm making it male. Hopefully one of those gals will be good enough for him.

And just like that, a CB pink is caught. The cave has heard my plea!

Edited by Angelina Gienah

Did you try Fertility on him or his to-be-mate before any breeding?

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Hello! I just wanted to give a quick update that I am not going to be updating the stats or spreadsheet in the opening post anymore. There are too many new breeds and too many refusals for one person to keep up with. I will be leaving them up for reference though.

Please do continue to discuss your experiences with refusals!

I did NOT attempt fertility with either of those specific pairs. I need to remember to do that more often >.> Normally just do it when a pair has been stubborn about reproducing--forget that I can attempt to do it preemptively!

Thanks for the stats-keeping you did do, Jazeki

Bumping as people have indicated in tiny little questions that they had refusals after using fertility (and dragons in question were not turpentines).