TJ09

2015-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

My poor purple fella ended up with a Brimstone dragon. He's piled up a bunch of food in front of her. Maybe she'll eat that and leave him alone? biggrin.gif

Kind of a weird event since no Brimstones were seen prior to this, but whatever. Not going to lose any sleep over it.

After days of meticulously arranging shinies, meats, and other draws; after countless rejections by dissatisfied females, Gunnar Spitfire CB has attracted an admirer: a nhiostrife wyvern! You leave the happy couple alone to enjoy each other’s company.

A Pyralspite... sure, I'm just a little surprised because I hadn't seen one of those visit yet xd.png Oh well, it's a pretty pairing happy.gif

Also, I've seen some people saying they'll fix their cave tomorrow... this is the last day of the event, you cannot change it anymore tomorrow! Check the calendar if you don't believe me...

I believe they mean either "tomorrow according to my timezone" or "tomorrow as in after I sleep and wake up again". Or both, I guess.

When did female dragons start appearing in the lairs? I've been logging on at home with Chrome and had no girl. Then I worked late yesterday and snuck on there using IE, only to see a succession of females(lastly a copper) actually in the lair(as opposed to written about). Needless to say, I spent time there that I wasn't on the clock, messing around with my boy's bower. got many female to show their faces. Now this morning on Chrome again, and it says there is a pink there, but there's only a blank space where the girls were last night.

After days of meticulously arranging shinies, meats, and other draws; after countless rejections by dissatisfied females, Sparkle Bomb has attracted an admirer: a pink dragon! You leave the happy couple alone to enjoy each other’s company.

No pinks showed up the entire event, and when I left the cave yesterday, it had attracted another copper.

But she's invisible. I can't dress her up. sad.gif

Edited by Wavelength

I believe they mean either "tomorrow according to my timezone" or "tomorrow as in after I sleep and wake up again". Or both, I guess.

Probably, but it never hurts to make sure wink.gif I've seen more than my share of 'but I thought we had another day!' in previous events to not assume that's what they mean xd.png

Maan, redoing this cave is so tedious ><

But if I don't do it, I'm gonna hit myself for it later when it looks ugly. Uuuuuugh....

I have finally finished decorating my cave! Whew!

I love how John Snow and his admirer are facing each other. smile.gif

user posted image

I have finally finished decorating my cave! Whew!

I love how John Snow and his admirer are facing each other. smile.gif

user posted image

Aww~ the teddy bear on the tail looks adorable. The rainbow is quite nice too.

Edited by Tehya Faye

My Golden Wyvern attracted a Nhiostrife. ot exactly what I wanted but I am happy he paired with another wyvern and not something like a Deep Sea. Maybe if I'm lucky they will give me a nice lineage to start xd.png

For everyone who was dissatisfied with this event and its conclusion, you have all my feelings, because I've been there with past events, and I've been on DC since the badge collecting began. Haven't missed a one, and YES! I have been disappointed in the past, but NOT THIS YEAR. I have had fun that I've been direly in need of this past past year, and I am formally thanking TJ and all the spriters, artists, and authors of all the events from February 25, 2014 (no, not a typo) onwards, for their efforts in making such things available to us at all.

Collecting new eggs is fun, yes, but these event are something special, and even if I hadn't gotten one of my top three choices of mates, I would have been happy because of all the fun I've been having with coming up with a new theme for my Frilled boy to share with everyone each day.

wub.gifTHANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU! wub.gif

My poor heartseeker got stuck with a brimstone. This really blows, I wanted him to have someone nicer looking >.>

WB

My ND attracted a pink dragon xd.png Not exactly what I planned but, as long as you're happy dude.

Great, I've attracted a stupid Brimstone for my green Nebula.

I'm disappointed, so they don't deserve my decorating skills.

user posted image

Edited by Niyaka

user posted image

I had planned to do the rest today with my last box of stuff before the lucky lady turned up tomorrow (as I assumed).. but I wake to see they came early... I will leave it as is, practically pointless to change a thing. Lol. I could be happy, but wrong colour nebula on top of what I had hoped to attract when I was done decorating.

Less than disappointed here but thanks anyway, it was fun in a sense.

user posted image

Not what I was expecting, but it's not terrible UwU

My boy has showered her in delicious fruit/vegetable treats... plus potato.

Expanded gold pile, added the rainbow scales at the bottom...

This was a fun event! biggrin.gif

No, no, no:

After days of meticulously arranging shinies, meats, and other draws; after countless rejections by dissatisfied females, Gihtsahth has attracted an admirer: a gold-horned tangar! You leave the happy couple alone to enjoy each other’s company.

Uncool ~ Must alter and rearrange cave so that Gihtsahth gets his proper mate in the image with him (otherwise, I will be every annoyed that we didn't have more information...and if there's story text like that, forget it)

' a deep sea dragon! '

*FLIPS ALL THE TABLES*

GODAMMIT! dry.gif

Aww i attracted a deep sea for my silver. she's not showing up but i hadn't even arranged today goodies. Id been trying to attract back the nhiostrife i got on day1 with lots of sweets and shinies or perhaps the nebula. or the shadow walker who liked my sweets but needed more mana

Never mind It was a cool event. Thanks to everyone.

Edited to add

if anyone else couldn't see their female and is using firefox disable ad block from you add-ons( i can now see her under my meat - thank goodness I canstill arrange it around her poor thing)

Edited by velvet_paw